blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:07:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 402862 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: June 30, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »

Reece is down to 12 hours off now so Stacey finishes her retraining today then all being well he will be allowed home on his machines as of tomorrow night. At the moment they pop over for a break whilst he is off them during the day. Stress levels can get quite high amongst us with everything that is going on and even more so today due to sheer incompetency.

Reece was drawn up another medication yesterday as his bowel is still not working correctly. His surgeon wants to put off this major op, understandably, as he reiterated yesterday that it comes with major complications and is a very serious procedure. Any way, late last night his allocated nurse came along with the med, Stacey questioned it as it was Red not the colour she recalled it being the last time he was on it a while back. The nurse confirmed it was the correct med so it was given to Reece.

This morning his day nurse took over and said how sorry she was for the error that had happened last night. Stacey was at a loss as to what she was referring to. The nurse said  " Reece being given the wrong medication, didn't you know? they are supposed to inform you". Anyway, they had given Reece an TB medication that is given to patients at high risk of this disease. Complaint is going in, we can not let things like this continue to happen. EVEN AFTER Stacey had questioned it.

It's beyond belief Maureen. They made so many life threatening mistakes with my dad it was just farcical. they gave him 10 times the correct dose of a sedative which instantly stopped his heart and his breathing.

Then a nurse brought him penicillin even though he has a red flag on his notes and a red armband to say he was allergic to it.  

The majority are good people doing the best they can but things like this make yoyu want to kill someone.

Unbelievable. I know we are all humans and errors will occur but when it is continuous one losses confidence. I didn't say but only last week they gave Reece X amount times over the  correct dosage of another med.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:04 PM »

Home now, on TPN intravenous fluids as planned for 12 hours over night.

No real pain for the last couple of days which is a positive.

We went to the woods today for a walk, he has far more energy than we have seen him have for years really, but as we understand it is down to the TPN. He is also putting on weight from it.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:48 PM »

Hay fever playing him up a bit more today also.

Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: July 05, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »

Good to see that cheeky grin  Grin

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: July 05, 2015, 03:36:47 PM »

^^^

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2210 on: July 05, 2015, 03:43:13 PM »

Reece looks cheeky also

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Dewi_cool

View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: July 05, 2015, 03:44:31 PM »

Darren used to be a bit of a beast when on the gin and tonics, does he still partake?

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: July 05, 2015, 04:23:22 PM »

Nice picture

Reece looks a cheeky so and so!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: July 05, 2015, 04:55:39 PM »

Thanks all.

Dewi, Darren is not much of a drinker, may have the odd one at home but no not really. I probably down more than Darren tbh. We never really go out, except for lunch or tea. Plus with his job as a posty he can't afford to feel rough delivering up n down hills.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: July 05, 2015, 04:57:40 PM »

Reece looks cheeky also

Dewi_cool

View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: July 05, 2015, 05:46:00 PM »

Thanks all.

Dewi, Darren is not much of a drinker, may have the odd one at home but no not really. I probably down more than Darren tbh. We never really go out, except for lunch or tea. Plus with his job as a posty he can't afford to feel rough delivering up n down hills.

I remember him drinking loads on his birthday in Blackpool with his leg in plaster, must have been a one off  Wink

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: July 05, 2015, 05:53:43 PM »

I remember that too. Stress relief maybe. Lol.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2217 on: July 05, 2015, 06:01:19 PM »

Darren is one of my heroes.

There are quite a few people I admire on blonde but only a handful in the hero category.

The older I get, the better I was.
Dewi_cool

View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: July 05, 2015, 06:20:40 PM »

There are quite a few people I admire on blonde but only a handful in the hero category.

I agree with you Tom, one of the nicest people I have ever met.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: July 05, 2015, 06:21:40 PM »

Had to put up with Maureen's train stories for years

A saint.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 147 [148] 149 150 151 152 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: