blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:00:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 402587 times)
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2008, 01:20:48 AM »

He has a wee face that you just want to cup in your hands and smother with kisses and probably get a YUK!! in responce LOL

Thanks for the pics xx
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:39 PM »

A little update,

The little fella is doing good apart from a couple of things,  a, he still has not rid himself of the line infection that he has had since Dec 24th, at the moment we are trying a new (to Reece) antibiotic. as said previous, line infections are potentally life threatning. B, one of his rubber tubes that enters his bowel is leaking constantly, his surgeon is away this week so we need to see him on his return to determin what needs to be done. Apart from this he is of great spirits. Last week his surgoen told us that he is very close to the big op, but has not told us how close. He is up to holding his milk in for 2hr 20 mins so by the time one milk comes out the next has to go in.

Last week we took him to the National Railway Museum for the Thomas Tank day out, he loved it. Photos to follow toninght or tomorrow if time.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »

Still thinking about you all Maureen.

Best Wishes

Vince

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2008, 09:49:32 PM »

Wonderful news Maureen, thank you. Please continue to keep us updated.

Thinking of you & yours, as always.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2008, 01:19:45 PM »

glad to hear things are progressing.  Will speak to you tonight no doubt xxx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2008, 10:50:00 AM »

Just noticed I never put the photo's on last time I said I would so will attempt that before I go to work.

Update Time.

Reece has been doing remarkably well enduring the the pain that he sometimes suffers whilst we stretch his bowel. We have got it to 120 mil but now only 3 times a day, each time holding it in for 2 1/2 hrs each time. Recently, whilst I was changing his dressings ( which causes him a hell of a lot of discomfort and of which has to be done up to 7 times a day, depending on how much it is leaking) one of the tubes came out, my only option was to reinsert it back in immediately, so with Darren and Great Grandad John (Darren's dad) holding him down I eventually did it. I must have gone on auto pilot as when it is one of your own it hurts you as well as the child, but I succeeded and after,  shook like hell and cried. Reece slept for a while after as it took it out of him too. The holes where the tubes go into Reece have never healed proporly due to them always being moist, so they tend to swell and bleed a lot but he carries on regardless.

His humour is second to none, only the other day he was nibbling on sweets with his Grandad he said " would you like a sweetie Grandma ", " no " I relied, " I don't eat sweeties do I Reece". To which his reply came back " Do you just eat pies Grandma".

Anyway, yesterday we were told that his BIG operation has been pencilled in for the 23rd of this month. This is when we will now how well the bowel has reacted to all of this. It will be a very long op. They intend to take out the bowel cut the part that we have been stretching in two and make it twice as long, then reconnect it to the part that has been cut off for the stretching process. Bowels are funny organs, they don't like being touched they react differently than other organs do.

This op is going to cause the little man a tremendous amount of pain, we are not too sure how long he will be in hossy for but do recall Mr Morobito saying anything up to 6 months, but I may be mistaken as that was before his last op.

So for everyone concerned the next few weeks leading into months are going to be very stressful, but my main aim is make him as comfortable as possible.

Maureen.xx
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:13:21 AM by The_nun » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2008, 10:54:20 AM »

You must be positive about the Op Maureen - it's Reece's big chance. But the worry that Darren, Stacey & yourself are carrying must be immense.

He's a very brave lad, & I'm sure he will cope better than the rest of you.

Please try & keep us informed.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »

Thanks for the update Maureen, hope it all goes well.

Best wishes to you all
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

Thinking of you all, as always.

The older I get, the better I was.
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 05, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »

Photo's added..

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 05, 2008, 11:23:53 AM »

Hope everything goes well over the next few weeks and months Maureen - Reece is such a trooper.

Lovely photos too xx

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 05, 2008, 11:27:39 AM »

really lovely pics

all my love to you,darren and your whole family

FRAN  xxx
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »

My thoughts and hopes are with you and that brave little man.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 05, 2008, 11:38:21 AM »

Good luck xxx

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:54 PM »

All the best Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: