blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:13:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Can I post one of my tournaments for analysis?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can I post one of my tournaments for analysis?  (Read 6456 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2007, 11:06:56 PM »

I appreciate that you may not want to plough through one of them, but I've just finished one and ended up in my usual thing, cashing but nothing decent.  I seem to fail every time in making the final table but don't know what to do about it.

I saw this from Tightend's original post re The Learning Centre

"- Post your hands or tournaments (we hope to embed a hand replayer into the board) and a Learning Centre mod will reply on your post. No wading through twenty replies to get that nugget you need!"

so I thought I'd ask

The tourney is the Stars $22 with one rebuy and add on so there's only 450ish runners I think it was.

Anyway, if some kind soul is prepared to give me advise on how I played, I'd really appreciate it and may even buy you a beer Cheesy  If so, what's the best way to post it?

Thanks

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2007, 09:15:11 AM »

Easiest way would be to put it in Poker Tracker and then save the history of that tournament as a TXT file - then email it to who ever is willing to look at it for you.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2007, 11:08:36 AM »

Isnt there a site or something you can load it into, ive watched some of Pabs back on there.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 11:12:35 AM »

I think the person loading the HH has to have a subscription to use the site PAB does - but I may be wrong
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2007, 12:14:29 PM »

Yeah it's poker x factor but you need to be a subscriber to upload a whole tourney.

You can get replayers - popopop is one, it's free and pretty good.

LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 04:46:42 AM »

If someone popped it into a replayer I'd be happy to take a look at it and provide a few comments.

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 04:49:53 AM »

If someone popped it into a replayer I'd be happy to take a look at it and provide a few comments.

awesome stuff, is popopop the best one in your opinion? If you aren't aware of it, you would need the HH of the indivudual tourney, and it would convert it for the relevant site, i think its alot better then the pokerXFactor one and it lets you analyse the HH offline as well.

http://www.universal-replayer.net/

is the link for it, and its a great tool imo.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 06:39:51 PM »

Cheers Lloyd, I'll get it sorted either tonight or tomorrow and let you know.  I appreciate this. 

I'm not sure if Popopop player is the best, I'm yet to use it tbh, but it's used a bit by some Cardrunners pros

I was thinking last night after looking at the top names' results on OPR, they seem to have an ITM rate of around 15%, the best being around 20%.  Mine is at 25% which although it's nice, it's because I make the minimum payouts too much rather than going for the win (taking a couple more risks perhaps) and getting a bigger pay day.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 06:46:31 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »

To put it into a replayer, I'd have to save it video style which would take ages and be quite large, I've uploaded the HH file and also an XML file that will import directly to popopop which does look very good from first impressions.

Text file is http://download.yousendit.com/BEDFC1C34C90B9C7
XML file is http://download.yousendit.com/7F54E1DA4C1EBA09

Rather annoyingly, there's a missed opportunity in the very first hand, but I didn't want things to get too out of control at the start, it's just sods law that I'd have hit trips, can't odds that eh Cheesy

Comments very welcomed Smiley

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 07:33:17 PM »

Can someone explain how I would uplaod my own tournament history into this player so I can watch hands over again?

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2007, 08:23:40 PM »

There's an option to convert history where you can convert the text file to an xml file that the replayer uses.  Just make sure you choose the correct poker room in the bottom window.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2008, 09:41:32 PM »

If so, what's the best way to post it?

Thanks

If you're going to do a job, do it properly Wink

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=11164.0

not sure how to view what you've posted, how do i view it?

sponsored by Fyffes
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2008, 09:51:06 PM »

lol, it would take me a while to go through all the hands to see the significant ones, plus it's only what I deem significant and I may have missed a major opportunity Wink  Not that I'm lazy, I was hoping for someone elses impression of my play.  I think it's a pretty good example of a tournament that has my usual form in, rather than one that has me on an off day or something like that.

You'd need a replayer to view it, like the popopop one.  The link was posted by on the previous page I think.  Even if you don't look at my history, it's actually a good tool.  I think i'll be reviewing things myself from time to time.

LuckyLloyd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »

To put it into a replayer, I'd have to save it video style which would take ages and be quite large, I've uploaded the HH file and also an XML file that will import directly to popopop which does look very good from first impressions.

Text file is http://download.yousendit.com/BEDFC1C34C90B9C7
XML file is http://download.yousendit.com/7F54E1DA4C1EBA09

Rather annoyingly, there's a missed opportunity in the very first hand, but I didn't want things to get too out of control at the start, it's just sods law that I'd have hit trips, can't odds that eh Cheesy

Comments very welcomed Smiley

I'm a computer idiot and don't know how to stick that into a replayer myself.  Sad How does one do such things?

"All glory comes from daring to begin" - Eugene F. Ware.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2008, 12:43:25 PM »

Click on the link to download the Popopop Universal Hand Replayer and install when prompted.  The software will automatically download and install.

Click on the XML file download and just save it to the desktop or somewhere where you'll find it easily.

On installing the replayer, you'll need to choose a  folder where skins and other files will be saved.  Either create a folder for it, or pick something suitable.  I just created one called Popopop in My Documents.

Run the program and go to File - Open then navigate to where you saved the downloaded XML file and it will run for you - easy as.

If you want to replay one of your own games, you need the hand history file for it.  You go to File - Convert History, then in the top bit, locate the hand history file, Select an output file location and change the poker room bit to the room that the hand history is for.  Then you can open it like the other XML file.

Should be ok for you, any probs, let me know what you are stuck on .

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: