blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:53:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Italy results
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Italy results  (Read 7000 times)
Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« on: May 03, 2005, 03:18:53 PM »

Any of the Blondites do any good in Italy last weekend?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 05:44:58 PM »

Hi Ben,

Blondeites in Italy?

Well Dave Colclough failed to Final, though he entertained us regally, most especially with THE most audacious of bluffs in the Main Event. Watch out for that one on tomorrows Poker 425, I think the cameras may have caught it. And he set the cash game tables well & truly alight.

Greg Hill played his first ever Omaha event, & finished a highly creditable 17th.

Phil Shaw, of Poker Europa - not certain he is a blondeite - was narrowly beaten for the Player of the Week prize.

Luca Pagano had no luck, but boy oh boy, he's a handsome & charismatic lad. Shirts by Prada, Jacket by Versace, shoes by the RNLI.

Tikay? I was cruising to the Final on Sunday when I met with an accident, my A8 steal (on a 5 handed table) running into AK held by that damn intolerable Thewy fella. So another tikay bubble. In the Omaha I managed the semi, before losing to a typical Omaha beat, but no complaints. And in the Main Event I was always struggling after getting in a monster pot early with AQ on a Q-T-T flop, & Matey Boy was sat with J-T......

But Thewy never lets us down & almost did the bizz on Sunday, finishing in third after three of the most horrific outdraws you will ever see when down to the last three in a Final. Kop these three beats. These are how he described them in an e-mail......

"........The 3 hands that knobbled me happened when 3 handed.

I was chip leader.

Button was second chip leader, has lost some pots & is gonna move Im surehe does with 23s, I call with K-Q from the SB. He makes a flush.

Im now short, get busy & nose back in front.

Robert Binelli then announces all-in blind from the button, I call with A-Q, he has 25 & rivers a 2.

On the next hand, button passes, I find A-Q in the SB & move-in, rob calls with Q5, hits the 5......."

Thewy out thewy'd! But, as ever, he took them with good grace, but if ever there was a moral winner, he was that man.

And Poker 425 were there to record plenty of interviews, all of which were conducted by Rhowena in a skimpy black bikini jobbie. All hard work this poker lark, don't you know. I fancy the Poker 425 viewing figures may well rocket tomorrow night & for the next 7 days......

« Last Edit: May 03, 2005, 11:31:37 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 06:59:00 PM »

Hey Ben, ask a simple question, get a novel in reply!!!! Wink

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 07:09:54 PM »

Well the alternative reply was.....

"no".......

Gotta dress these things up, it's the Dunkirk spirit. COURSE we did good (ish)........

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2005, 09:06:51 PM »

And just to show how tough it was in Jesolo, here's a pic of the team hard at work......

[attachment deleted by admin]

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2005, 09:08:52 PM »

Which one are you Tikay ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2005, 09:11:10 PM »

The young one one that Rhowena is clearly muzzling up to.

Eat your heart out boys.

Hollywood
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »

Why no shout out Tikay? I may not have a sexy name like Luca Pagano but I was sporting Prada shoes, a Faggi shirt, and a Dolce jacket...

Think Im heading to Paris for the weekdn tho it appears the rest of you are cruising towards Vienna...

Ezra
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 02:23:11 PM »

Hmm, Prada shoes, Faggi shirt, Dolce Jacket. Not Robert Binelli then.....

Err, remind me who you are..........

Hollywood
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 05:33:33 PM »

yes, i suppose im not very memorable.  Perhaps I shouldve mentioned the Ferragamo shades.  Im the young American who lives in Italy.  I sat two spots to your left in Italy and raised you hard once out of the BB with Jacks.  Also sat at your table during Deauville for much of day 2.

Good site.  I enjoy it a lot.

Ezra
Ruru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 05:48:13 PM »

Don't worry about his dodgy memory Hollywood - we'll all be like that at his age  Wink

"This game's all about making the wrong move at the right time"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 09:07:22 PM »

Ahh, NOW I remember who you are.

And you ARE memorable. Because you were well-mannered. And articulate. And good company. And I remember thinking, isnt it odd that you could be all those things, & yet American?

Well well well, how good to hear from you. How do you know I am doing Vienna, not Paris? And how did you come across blondepoker?

Good Luck in Paris, but beware, the place is full of Frenchmen. But Isabelle told me she will be there, so say Hi to her from me please. She came to Blackpool last weekend, but some nasty cretin busted her early.

Would be nice to hook up again - you doing Barcelona, or any other Festivals in Europe? If not, maybe Napoli, in October? Napoli is in Italy. Will be run by the same crew as Jesolo, & there were such a great bunch of guys there. Shame so many Italians though. They are all quite mad.

Take care now, & do keep in touch please.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2005, 09:08:57 PM »

Ruru?

Err, remind me who you are.......

Hollywood
Probation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2005, 10:55:30 AM »

Tikay-

Thanks for the kind words.  Learned about the site from your shirt Smiley  That advertising really does work!

I said hi to Isabelle for you.  Then busted her an hour later.  I don't think she minded, as she came in second the night before. I bubbled the 200 in 24th, and got bad beat out of the 300.

As for other tourneys...I actually have to return to America this month for the summer which is very dissapointing as I prefer Europe by far.  We will see about tourneys for the next few months...have any recommendations for some tourneys in Europe that are great value? Cheap hotels, good events, and good people?  I can maybe fly over for one tourney every 6 weeks or so.  UK tourneys are tough for me because my dollar is so terrible to your pound.

Best of luck in Vienna.

Ezra

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2005, 11:07:02 AM »

You know the score Tikay, no friends at the table. As for being a cretin....well you may have a point there  Huh?

ariston

better lucky than good
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: