blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:45:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A Mr Angry rant
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Mr Angry rant  (Read 3295 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2008, 12:09:39 PM »

Representatives of the McCanns are in discussions with IMG about a £2m movie into the Madeleine McCann disappearance and "story"

The family are said to be keen amidst fears that the £1.2m raised from the public over the past nine months will run out soon.

For crying out loud, a film isn't going to help find her any more than all the appeals so far have, have some dignity and rebuild your lives in private rather than prolonging this media circus..in which I accept the media themselves have been entirely complicit 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 12:11:41 PM »

Yes I heard about this, although I was sure the 5 Live news said the family were 'unsure' and not keen to do it.  Also, it's a documentary type film, not a 'movie', however, I don't agree that it should be done.

I think it's a terrible idea personally.

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 12:18:42 PM »

Got to agree Rich, however "documentaryish" & "tasteful" it is being portrayed as it will not help the parents cause and I can't see how it will help find the poor girl. When I heard it on the radio this morning my first impression was "how much more financial gain do they wish to make out of this". Could be doing them a disservice but I think that they should be concentrating on the remaining family unit, not forgetting Maddie but rebuilding their lives.

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »

I'm as bored as this as much as anyone, but I imagine keeping on looking for her costs a lot of money, maybe they think this will provide the funds to keep looking...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 12:20:54 PM »

think that they should be concentrating on the remaining family unit, not forgetting Maddie but rebuilding their lives.
:iagree:

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 12:21:49 PM »

I'm as bored as this as much as anyone, but I imagine keeping on looking for her costs a lot of money, maybe they think this will provide the funds to keep looking...

did they not use part of the funds raised to date to pay off part of their mortgage?

or was that just media tittle tattle..you can never be sure sadly

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 12:22:17 PM »

I'm no expert on the costs of P.I.'s but surely a few million is a good earner for someone to discover the truth?

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

did they not use part of the funds raised to date to pay off part of their mortgage?

or was that just media tittle tattle..you can never be sure sadly

Yes they admitted they did, but i suppose they are losing two doctros salaries...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 12:32:41 PM »

Hiring that ex-newsreader as their PR manager seems to have been money well wasted. How did no one connected with them not immediately spot this was a bad idea?

I'm half expecting the McCanns to release a statement saying they now suspect that the child was taken by 'some Puerto Rican guy' </southparkreference>
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2008, 12:33:28 PM »

What cost do you put on finding the truth out about your missing child? (presuming you dont know the answer already)

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »

god i would love to know what happened to that girl.

seems distasteful to me but it's never happened to me and if you have lost a child like that and not given up hope then using the money in an entirely transparent way to fund some kind of search probably seems perfectly normal, i'd say 'f@*k what anyone else thinks'. Soon as they make money and spend it on something else it's definately deeply wrong.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:35:58 PM by ACE2M » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2008, 12:35:23 PM »

What cost do you put on finding the truth out about your missing child? (presuming you dont know the answer already)

point taken, but I don't think a film and associated razzamatazz necessarily helps

My eyes are open wide
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2008, 12:39:28 PM »

point taken, but I don't think a film and associated razzamatazz necessarily helps

I am not saying it does, and I haven't been following the story, other than the headlines that smack you in the face.

But as Aces said, God forbid if it were one of mine, i would do anything to raise money ( if it were needed ) in order to find out my childs whereabouts, and i wouldn't give a toss what others thought. I don't think anybody would in the same situation.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2008, 12:41:49 PM »

heard this on radio last night, my thoughts were "fine, if thats what they want to do its up to them". How many people though do they think will go and watch it?

to be honest i couldnt ever see it recovering the cost of making it to start with as i dont think anyone will.

sponsored by Fyffes
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2008, 12:42:06 PM »

We should all class ourselves as very lucky that we have not gone through anything like this and glad not to have to make such enormous decisions, but if I was in the same position they have found themselves in, I too would not give a flying  hoot what anyone thought about about which way I chose to continue raising money to find what happened to my child, but then that's me, I try not to ever give up hope.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: