blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "The Club" on Sky Poker - we need some help. (1).
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Club" on Sky Poker - we need some help. (1).  (Read 2651 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »

I am recording, in the Guest Slot, two editions of "The Club" on Thursday morning, & we need some blonde help please.

The first edition will go out on Thursday night, at 10pm. This will be during the 1,000 runner "The Open", as the Studio need a half-hour break mid-comp, as it starts earlier when they have 1,000 runners, & 4 or 5 hours "straight" on a Live Show is tricky unless everyone gets a bit of a break half-way through. The other Edition will go out at 8.30pm on Monday night.

So what we need for my guest slot, in which I take & answer e-mailed questions, is some really interesting questions, stuff which is a bit unusual, a bit different. Poker, or non-poker, we don't mind. They suggested we'd even accept requests for my now famous impression of a Central Line tube train between West Acton & North Acton, but that's probably a bit high-brow for you guys. (It's only ever been done once on Live TV, I made history). But really, any interesting questions, on any topic, about anyone or anything, would be much appreciated. Please avoid "when to Pass AK" though.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 03:40:47 PM »

Oops, I forgot.

Send the questions to "TheClub@bskyb.com", OR Post them up here.

Thanks. I'll check the thread before we record, & we'll answer the best & most interesting ones.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 03:46:23 PM »

They suggested we'd even accept requests for my now famous impression of a Central Line tube train between West Acton & North Acton, but that's probably a bit high-brow for you guys.

spooky, i was on this exact train travelling from tottenham court road past the above two stops mentioned on saturday - so how does it go? i'll be able to verify your impression is accurate!!

sponsored by Fyffes
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 03:48:45 PM »

Do you think North Yorkshire's title of "Garden of England"? is justified from the old holder Kent?

Background article for reference: The Guardian

The proud title of Garden of England has slipped from the grasp of Kent after more than 400 years, according to a survey which condemns the county as overrun with railways, traffic jams and chavs.

The title - dating back to a dish of Kentish cherries which particularly satisfied King Henry VIII - has been taken 250 miles north and awarded to the wide-open spaces of North Yorkshire, with a rating of 31.1%. More than 4,000 people surveyed across the country left Kent trailing with 5.2% in a final run-off which saw North Yorkshire win, comfortably ahead of Devon, Derbyshire and Gloucestershire, home of the Cotswolds.

Article continues
The criteria were wider than the initial fame for orchards and allotments which won Kent its name, and included scenery, hidden corners, village traditions and wildlife variety. "Respondents feel that Kent is slipping down the ranks because of congestion, pollution and the adverse affects of over-building," says the report from a panel of gardening experts who sifted the opinion poll.

"The county is seen as losing its original charm because of thousands of London commuters, new housing in the green belt and tourist exploitation of once secret nooks."

The Channel tunnel rail link is also thought by more than a third of respondents to be a negative factor. The county's national image as the source of chavs - dim young fashion slaves alleged to have appeared first in Chatham - is a further blow.

The poll, for Style Gardens on the UKTV channel, opted for big, rural counties far from London and - in the case of the top three - rich in national parks. North Yorkshire took an overwhelming lead with 31.1% of the vote and particular praise for its rugged scenery, lack of litter, stately homes and dramatic coastline. Other counties in the top 10 include Suffolk, Dorset and Cheshire, while the wooden spoon is taken by Middlesex, largely swallowed up by London and described as "entirely devoid of natural beauty."

The chairman of the judging panel, the gardener Diarmuid Gavin, did his best to console the losers, saying: "This poll should not discourage their residents. It simply shows what an embarrassment of riches England has to offer."

Kent county council was defiant about its status, listing cauliflowers and cabbages as new assets among the many garden crops it still supplies. A spokesman said: "We are happy to rest our case with Charles Dickens's comment, 'Kent, sir, everyone knows Kent. Apples, cherries, hops and women.' We also do the strawberries for Wimbledon."

David Andrews, chief executive of the Yorkshire Tourist Board said: "My commiserations to Kent but it isn't really fair to compare other areas in the country with North Yorkshire. We simply have the most varied and beautiful countryside in the UK."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 03:50:42 PM »

"what differences do you find between live and online cash gmaes, andf how would you approach each differently?"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2008, 06:56:47 PM »

how can  one man be such a fish?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2008, 07:20:52 PM »

Do you think "quality family time" is being lost due to the intervention of the Internet?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 07:31:22 PM »

Is it not time that there should be a standardised set of rules for poker tournaments worldwide?

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 11:05:08 PM »

do u think its a good idea to have a lucky item of clothing to wear when playing poker, say for example.... A red shirt? And what have be your experiences of people like this? Have they been lucky?  Grin

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: