blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:25:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Re: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 4 - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 4 - Interactive  (Read 33853 times)
Arnold_D
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 06:20:55 PM »

You Beauty!!!! Come on the Hop!!
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 06:24:44 PM »

Craig Hopkins just got a little lucky to knock out Jesse Chinni, the latter holding against the Brit's . But a two hearts board later and the American was the one leaving the table.

'The Apple' also gave us the details of Robert Lederer exit, he re-raised all-in on a 9-8-x board with T-7, but was called by pocket 4's. A 4 on the turn left him with just 8 outs for the river which failed to materialise. (Or for him, materialize).

Michael Cooper is all a-whooping and a-hollaring after his held against Christopher Klodnicki's on a board, all the money in on the flop. A one million chip pot sent his way.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »

Elton Tsang is no longer still standing. Although stumbling on a pair of Threes pre-flop, Elton ran into the Pocket Jacks of Michael Cooper, and like a candle in the wind, he was gone. Tsang has now joined the circle of players on the rail.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »

Can I resist? Can I resist? Can I resist?

No, I just can't, sorry in advance.

My gosh, look at all that booty. 
Rhu

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »

Garrett Adelstein knocks out Gregory Byard.

I don't know what happened pre-flop but Byard bet the flop and Adelstein called. Check, check turn.

Byard raised the river, Adelstein went all in and was called.

Adelstein had 10 6.  Byard had A 6.

Edit: I had to base the hands on what Raymer said as they didn't show them on camera.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 06:39:42 PM by Rhu » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 06:35:21 PM »

This cheeky chappy is Thierry Ven Den Berg, a Dutch player who had a quite spectacular 2007 with two EPT final table appearances, a WSOP final, and even managing 81st in the WSOP Main Event.

Just watching him over the last several months, it's clear that he's highly jovial and loves his poker, although Peter Gould did inform me that "Thierry lies through his teeth at the table."

At this point in time, he appears to be in very high spirits and thoroughly enjoying his time at the table. The last time his blind was raised, he folded A-4, saying that he saw the first card and peeled back the second, momentarily believing it to be a second Ace before being ultimately disappointed.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:20 PM »

If you ever wanted to know what the face of a bluffer looks like (although one glimpse at Lucy Rokach or Ali Mallu would do the trick), them all you need do is take a peek at Glen Chorny's snap below. With the board reading -9s-Ah, Glen bet 65k, only to be met by an authoritative 135k re-raise from Jon Dull. Chorny folded quicker than a cow in a catapult leaving Jon to rake in the chips. "200k, that sounded very strong," observed Van Den Berg.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 06:43:14 PM »

David Pham has indeed been using his stack to his advantage, my brief time at his table witnessing three pre-flop raises in quick succession. The last one I spotted was from under-the-gun, but after everyone folded, Pham proudly showed A-K.

Moments later, David Pham was asked to move table, much to the relief of the rest of his opponents. Unfortunately, it took him about ten minutes to rack up the chips!

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 06:45:02 PM »

And here is Craig Hopkins with his newly acquired stack, just moments after David Pham joined the table.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »

My Picks to run well today are:

Obviously I hope Craig "mr apple" Hopkins as he is a Brit;

Thierry Van Den Berg   2   8    371,000

and

Rhett Buttler   3   7    494,000

image removed
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:37:34 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 07:12:10 PM »

Christopher Klodnicki is OUT. Tens into Michael Cooper's A-Q which triumphed on a J-A-2-4-K.

And now it's time for... The Richard Fohrenbach and Magnus Karlsson Show!!!

First Fohrenbach raises it up with , Karlsson pushes behind him with and Fohrenbach calls.

Board: two hearts three diamonds two spades

Double up for the Scandie.

Next!

In a small blind/big blind battle, they see a , Fohrenbach bets 40k and Karlsson moved all-in. Fohrenbach called with , Karlsson showed . Karlsson missed his flush and now the American doubles through.

Next!

Fohrenbach raises from the cutoff. Karlsson moves in again and Fohrenbach calls.

Fohrenbach:

Karlsson:

Board:

Fohrenbach and Karlsson. Both still in. Just!

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:14:53 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 07:22:45 PM »

Crikey O'Reilly, on the very last hand before the break it all went bananas, three all-ins (and a call!) occurred on three tables, meaning that myself and the camera crew endured five minutes of sheer bedlam that would make a Take That concert look tame.

The first showdown witnessed was between Paul Holub and Benjamin Reed, Holub having the best of it with versus Reed's in-deep-deep-doggy-do .

A two hearts Two Clubs later and it was high five time, Holub celebrating boisterously with his friends on the rail. Meanwhile, the slightly more reserved Reed gathered his belonging and slipped off unnoticed.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »

On a two hearts flop. Michael Cooper bets 60k, Emil Timberg adds another 100k on top and Michael makes the call.

Both check the turn before Michael checks to the Norwegian once more on the river. Emil struggles to pull out three big stacks of blue chips, worth 100k per stack. Cooper folds and Emil quickly flips his with a bit of glee.

Cooper starts talking in his Southern drawl, "Only time...only time I've been bluffed..."

Emil, "How would you know?"

"Aahhh, only reason I didn' call you there was because I had pocket fours, but I ain't here to play, I'm here to win."

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 07:28:43 PM »

Also out is John Zioulas. All-in with on a three clubs Flop, John will have been mighty relieved to have been shown an from Michael Cooper, but at the same time a little on edge about the draw possibilities. As the dealer placed a non-draw-completing onto the green baize, Cooper shouted out "Black" authoritatively whilst John responded with "Keep it red, keep it red!" Unfortunately for John, it was Cooper's prayers that were answered as out popped a flush-filling on the River. Cue the usual "Yes!" pumped up celebration and the subsequent look of devastation from the victim, and we're down to 33.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »

It hasn't all be busto galore though, as on David Pham's former table, we actually stumbled across a double up. It wouldn't have been hard to lose someone here though, Eric Ven Den Burg in quite splendid shape against Kristoffer Edberg with versus an in-need-of-divine-assistance .

Although the Flop threatened a miracle getaway, it didn't arrive as the raggy Turn was followed by an eye-brow raising case .

« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:37:47 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: