blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:57:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272594 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: FINAL TABLE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: FINAL TABLE  (Read 27247 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2008, 06:40:38 AM »

It's final table time here for the European Poker Tour event here in the Bahamas, Europe sure seems to be growing fast... The chip counts are below and it's difficult to see beyond 'The Dragon' who has about a third of the chips in play and is the clear favourite here. "ElkY" might be in 2nd place, but he has less than half of Pham's stack, but he's still hoping to go one better than last years' event in Copenhagen where he was pipped at the post. Speaking of pips, British hopes rest with Craig 'The Apple' Hopkins who was one of the short stacks around the money bubble of 120 players but has slowly been building up his stack and taking advantage of his looser opponents, a win here certainly would be golden delicious... Roll Eyes

Chip counts:

David Pham    7,390,000
Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier    3,060,000
Joseph Elpayaa    2,755,000
Hafiz Khan    2,560,000
Kris Kuykendall    2,150,000
Richard Fohrenbach    1,855,000
Craig Hopkins    1,770,000
Christian Harder    905,000

Play begins at 3pm (UK time) or 10am EST (which is what we're running under).

See you there.

evani

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:57:53 AM »

come on"the apple"everyone in chesterfields proper proud pal!
ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 09:51:15 AM »

sorry floppy, haven't been following, what are the prizes?
snowbed

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:44:34 AM »

Hi Snoopy & Floppy.

Not sure what info your after for his profile but heres some:

Started playing around 10 years ago amongst friends. Quickly realised he enjoyed the game and started playing on betfair poker (in its crypto days). Was a regular on the £50 stts, which seems very low stakes compared to the games available on line today.

Now plays the high stakes stt's across various sites as well the bigger Mtt's. Has won several big mtt's but his 'bread & butter' is the stt's where he continues to perform well.

Has some live experience after qualifying for Singapore and Monte Carlo via the internet. Also I do believe he did get some Uk ranking points after cashing in one of his rare live tournys in this country (Brighton i believe)

Genuine nice guy and allround good egg (or should that be Apple)  

I've told him you've looked after us, so you may get an exclusive with the winner Smiley
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 11:56:00 AM »

taxi for G0drun anyone?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »

Come on the Northern lad!!!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »

come on the Spireites then, crooked spires and all that

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Arnold_D
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 03:15:54 PM »

Laptop hooked up to the big plasma in our local. Team Hops are ready to rumble!!!

COME ON THE APPLE MAN!!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 03:18:23 PM »

"I wish I wasn't dying," cries my fatigued Canadian press friend opposite, our bet the day prior surely causing him to lose one or two of those forty winks. Meanwhile, I must thank Craig Hopkins for defying the odds (when I took the 2-1 bet there were 10 Canadians and 4 Brits) and remaining sturdier than a line of bouncers locked arm in arm. In that sense, I wish The Apple the very best of luck.

It's not going to be easy for our plucky flag flier though, if only for the presence of The Dragon, David Pham, whose record is second to none. There was a big debate in the pressroom as to whom would win in a fight between a dragon and an apple. The debate rattled back and forth with one side claiming that the dragon would just burn the apple to ashes whilst the other suggested that the Dragon would be banished from the Garden of Eden if he even touched the apple. However, I think it was decided that the apple would ultimately triumph due to the simple fact that dragons don't exist. In that sense, it would merely say, "Hold on, I'm not real", disappear and thereby leave the static apple triumphant in victory. Let's hope that rings true today.

Another player to look out for, of course, is online wizard and former pro gamer Bertrand Grospellier, better known in the cyber world as ElkY. He seems to be in great form at the moment and has EPT final experience in the bag. He came second in Copenhagen, so he'll be eager to go just that one place better. But let's not count out the other players, Christian Harder in particular appears to have a huge following and is believed to be an immensely talented player. I've been keeping a keen eye on him over the last few days and he certainly seems to be the coolest of cucumbers with a sack of potential. One to watch out for, I'm sure.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2008, 03:21:42 PM »

Laptop hooked up to the big plasma in our local. Team Hops are ready to rumble!!!

COME ON THE APPLE MAN!!

Floppy and I were discussing the potential of you guys doing this, great to see you followed through. Say hello to all the locals from the Beagle. Pint of Guinness for me please.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »

Re. the Apple nickname.

I bet Craig is glad he didn't bring a bunch of plums to the table that day.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2008, 03:23:37 PM »

Errr...aren't we missing something?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2008, 03:26:31 PM »

Errr...aren't we missing something?

Dealer button?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 03:32:11 PM »

I'm interviewing Barry Greenstein at 2pm today so will be leaving you solely in the capable hands of Sir Floppy. Does anyone have any good questions they would like me to ask the Robin Hood of Poker?
HornswaggleU

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2008, 03:36:33 PM »

I'm interviewing Barry Greenstein at 2pm today so will be leaving you solely in the capable hands of Sir Floppy. Does anyone have any good questions they would like me to ask the Robin Hood of Poker?

Questions? No.

Telll him he has a nice beard. And 'L, O, L - donkaments'.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 03:38:51 PM by HornswaggleU » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: