blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:06:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: FINAL TABLE  (Read 27255 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »

Drat. As soon as I exit the press room for my Barry interview, we lose The Apple. My congratulations to Craig though, nonetheless, a sterling performance I'm sure you'll agree. 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2008, 07:58:10 PM »

Nice pot for Khan. I only caught the end of the hand, but a 750k called bet on a K-6-Q-7-7 rainbow board saw a heap of chips go in the direction of Khan and his K-Q, Pham and his inferior K-4 not quite realising how strong Khan was.
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2008, 08:04:44 PM »

Yes well done..

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2008, 08:13:54 PM »

Elky raises to 325k, Kris Kuykendall re-raises to 925k. Elky instantly moves-in and "A-K!" is the cry from the pressroom. Kris Kuykendall looks a bit miserable and folds.

Hafiz raises to 325k. Kris Kuykendall moves all-in. Hafiz wants a count, lets out a long deep sigh, and mucks his cards.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2008, 08:14:26 PM »

It appears as though I may be on the wrong end of some slapped wrists because my interview with Barry, which went on longer than expected, actually kept him away from his commentary duties that he'd been signed up to do. However, if you've ever spoken to Barry, you'll understand how easy it is to go over schedule. Like Greg Raymer, you only have to fire one question at him and he'll talk for long periods of time, whether he goes off on a tangent or not. I had a number of questions in my arsenal, but in the end, only a handful were required, and we still spoke for circa 60 minutes!

I won't give away too much, but a few topics we discussed were his relationship with his son and fellow pro player Joe Sebok, the importance of charity in poker and the pros and cons of being a 'celebrity' poker player. What seemed to keep us occupied for many a minute was the topic of High Stakes Poker, but you're just going to have to wait until I publish the interview before you can feast your eyes on that gem.

Overall, a very interesting man who made for a fascinating interview.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2008, 08:16:08 PM »

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2008, 08:23:27 PM »

great updates guys!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2008, 08:24:14 PM »

flop in a 3-way pot between Elky, Hafiz and Kris.

Elky bets 450k, Hafiz calls and Kris folds.

Elky bets 775k and Hafiz folds.

Elky has over 10 million in chips now.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

Elky bets 150k into a 300k pot on a three clubs. Hafiz raises to 450k. Elky folds the face up.

flop between small blind Hafiz and big blind Kris.

Hafiz bets 120k, Kris flat-calls. Barry Greenstein says Kris has the best hand.

Hafiz fires out 300k. Kris announces, "Raise." He then pushes out 550k more. Hafiz calls fairly quickly.

The action goes check check. Hafiz has a queen but flings his cards down in digust as Kris announces he's hit an Ace with three diamonds.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »

Elky raises to 360k, Hafiz Khan adds another 500k more on top and the Frenchman is sent scurrying for the hills.

Kris raises to 320k and takes the blinds.

Kris raises again, 320k once more and takes them chips and them blinds.

360k from David Pham. Elky calls, Hafiz Khan moves all-in. Kriss passes. Pham and Elky fold. Hafiz adds another 800k or so to his stack.

Hafiz raises to 325k from UTG/CO. Kris calls on the button. David Pham reaches for stacks of whites, but then just calls. And Elky is priced in and makes the call also.

two hearts

Everyone checks.

Everyone checks again.

Two Clubs

David Pham bets 600k on the seemingly blank river card. Elky folds. Kris says, "I played this hand so poorly," sighing before throwing his chips in like he's expecting to lose.

Pham turns over but weirdly, Kris shows to win the pot and leave 'The Dragon' as the short stack.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 10, 2008, 08:54:11 PM »

That was a truly bizarre hand from what I saw. The way Kris was speaking, I was sure that he'd checked a flopped pair of Jacks with, say, A-J and subsequently allowed an overcard in the Queen to hit the Turn. As Barry Greenstein said, it didn't quite make sense that he'd worry about the two on the River and actually think he was beat.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2008, 08:55:36 PM »

We're on a short break.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 10, 2008, 09:08:37 PM »

Good to see blonde poker getting a mention in Craig Hopkins post-elimination interview with EPT hotty Kara Scott, and even better to hear the topic of the Apple nickname crop up. "It just snowballed," claimed Craig. "If I could have had a shirt made with an apple on, I would have."
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 10, 2008, 09:13:54 PM »

I think you should accept the challenge of personally making sure at least one new nickname (preferably vegetable/fruit based) is stuck to a player per EPT update.  Proofs include but are not limited to:  Mention on EPT Live feed, Mention by TV host/ess, Sticker/badge on player.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2008, 09:14:42 PM »

I think you should accept the challenge of personally making sure at least one new nickname (preferably vegetable/fruit based) is stuck to a player per EPT update.  Proofs include but are not limited to:  Mention on EPT Live feed, Mention by TV host/ess, Sticker/badge on player.

Yours would be the gooseberry.  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: