blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272643 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Close Encounters of the Check-raise Kind
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Close Encounters of the Check-raise Kind  (Read 2342 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 01:09:30 AM »

hi, welcome to blonde. What totalise said. also raise more preflop in a live game.

Is raising 5x under the gun not quite a big bet already being first into the pot? What would you make it pre-flop?

No word of a lie, my experience of live NL cash is people call outrageous bets preflop at will. The majority are awful tbh. A tenner preflop (10*BB) will get callers.

cooker3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 05:52:55 AM »

Also lol @ this guy being a good player. He limps utg with T3 then calls a raise from someone with 65 big blinds and then check min raises flop. Play of an master

my claim that he's a good player is not based on this hand, it's based on the fact that he's a good player.

this particular hand was played this way because a) he was playing way under the level he's bankrolled for, having a laugh with a wide range of starting hands (but playing solid poker post flop) b) expanding his range even further to include T3 UTG as sat opposite him was his good mate and in their homegame (not in all of Leicester apparently) T3 is classed as the nuts.

it's things like this that you can't account for in poker

"it's things like this that you can't account for in poker" Those things being bad play?
He massacared the hand in every respect. And saying he created the perfect table image which somehow justifies this play is just crazy.
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 10:30:10 AM »

I don't know what to say really!

I'm with Alex on him massacring (is that a word?!) the hand, but gatso you know the context better and I DEFINITELY agree that it's "things like that you can't account for in poker"

Actually what it makes me think is that I should go back right to the start when I sat down with £75 (reasons explained at the beginning of the post) and realise that if I'm playing with someone who is playing way below his bankroll then what actually transpired was quite likely.

It really illustrates the need for sitting at the table whilst correctly bankrolled.

A good lesson
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 10:34:47 AM »

Sorry, I meant I'm with cooker3 on him massacring the hand. (Actually, I massacred it as well!!)
TEX FITZ

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »

I actually say to him, “Good luck if you have the Queen“, to which he replies, “No, I’ve got a full house.”

He starts counting out his chips to match my bet

You have just told him you havent got    or   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 01:11:45 PM by TEX FITZ » Logged

epileptic cowboy
Pyso

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »

Hi Tex,

Sorry, my post wasn't clear enough, I said this after he had called.

But a good point nonetheless..
TEX FITZ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »

aaah ok

epileptic cowboy
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: