blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:56:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  blondepoker.com Team Event: Day 1 - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondepoker.com Team Event: Day 1 - Interactive  (Read 42939 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:18:21 AM »

Hello one and all, it is I, Captain er... Vegetable. But not just any vegetable, no siree, as this week I shall be adopting the shape of a potato and bringing you all the latest action from our lovable neighbours here in Ireland. Whilst I was tasting the live felt in Drogheda a week or two back, this week I shall be player spotting in Waterford as Big Slick Events bring you their Waterford Team Event, suitably sponsored by (hey, this name sounds familiar!) the good people at blondepoker.com.

For those of you who attended the Waterford Autumn Festival back in November, you shall no doubt recognise the surroundings as we start posting photos, as we find ourselves once again in the spacious Woodlands Hotel. One confession I must make is that I've never played, never mind updated for that matter, a team event of any sort, so on that basis, this should be real eye-opener. At the moment, I'm not 100% on how's it all going to pan out, but word on the poker grapevine is that the winning team will be the team whose players have totted up the highest collective positions in the tournament. Therefore, if you've finished first, don't swing those trousers above your head too early as your three team mates may have ducked out early doors and left you hanging. However, if your team have all finished in the top twenty, then you're likely to be lifting that collective trophy come final whistle.

I believe it has been mentioned on the rail, but today we are unveiling a new updating prodigy in Gary 'rag2gar' Clarke, our man with (hopefully) all the Irish knowledge to counterbalance my er... lack of. Anyhow, this is his first stab at a live update, so although I'm sure you're eager to give him the traditional blonde poker initiation (yes, tar and feathers must go back in the cupboard), may I ask you to give him the warmest of welcomes. Oh, and whatever you do, don't call him McLovin - he hates that!

Play starts at 7.30pm tomorrow (Friday). We'll be there (barring an alarm clock discrepancy), so make sure you are too... or else I'm setting McLovin on ya!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:58:16 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 02:00:18 AM »

A just-this-very-minute quote from Gary Clarke: "If there's one thing that tilts me at the table, it's when people call me McLovin." 

What do you think? I don't think a live update has ever boasted a poll before.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:16:58 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 02:24:26 AM »

We're McLovin' it already! Don't think just because we're updating in Copenhagen we can't really annoy you over there.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:30:29 AM »

We're McLovin' it already! Don't think just because we're updating in Copenhagen we can't really annoy you over there.

Mods! This is threatening behaviour. Ban please and remove this message (although keep the McLovin bit).
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 03:52:39 AM »

Looking forward to the updates.

Good luck to Mclovin on his debut, I am certain with Snoops holding his hand he will do a superb job.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 10:04:53 AM »

why does McLovin eat his clothes when playing poker?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 10:43:53 AM »

Croeso Gary, pob lwc thumbs up Cool

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

bottom feeder
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

Gary well done on the GJP deepstack and the best of luck reporting on this event, i will see you down there later mate (team flushdraw) !

Your fellow boardie

Wes
Trippie
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008, 10:54:36 AM »

Ye good luck gary
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 11:17:59 AM »

This should be good.

Updates on Team Liverpool please, Gary.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2008, 11:38:51 AM »

Best of luck Gary.

See ya out there.

Kev.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:44:34 AM by KevIRL » Logged
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2008, 12:46:23 PM »

GL chap ... make sure snoopy eats please.... if all else fails give him a bite of your jumper Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:11:45 PM by danafish » Logged
rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 01:52:25 PM »

Gary well done on the GJP deepstack and the best of luck reporting on this event, i will see you down there later mate (team flushdraw) !

Your fellow boardie

Wes

And defending champions too. Team flushdraw for the double Wes?

Thank you for all the good luck comments, dewi, bottom feeder, kevirl, colchester, boldie and trippie. Anybody that calls me McLovin ie dana, taximan and snoops will not be thanked!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 01:58:17 PM by rag2gar » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 02:42:07 PM »

Good morning, Vietnam blonde! Myself and Gary spent last night drowning out the taste of a ghastly Chinese meal at the local watering hole, and what a jolly nice place it was. At one point the barman seemed to be letting me have my drink for free, but I did my good deed for the decade and made him aware that he hadn't experienced the fibre of my fabric. The Chinese was certainly an experience though, the glum expression of the girl at the till should have given us a clue, it was if she was silently saying, "Turn back, turn back for heaven's sake.". I'm sure some of the prawns I ate wriggled on their way in, and is it normal to have beef, prawns and chicken in the same dish? Gary seems to think that's how you get Salamander poisoning.

Anyhow, I'm just relieved to be on ground level to be honest. That flight over was as stable as a rubber ladder. I'm not usually one to fear plane journeys, but on this occasion I was sweating like Red-Dog's tache at shaving time. The plane is only about 4 seats wide and 20 seats long, and it still wasn't full. A bird only had to fart and the plane would sway. I think we experienced turbulence for about half the journey, and in a plane of that size, my exit hole was pulsating like nobody's business. I was managing okay for most of it (deep breaths, deep breaths), but when the seatbelt sign flashed, I had kittens. God knows what I would have done if the oxygen mask had fallen down, I think I would have shoved it back in and pretended I'd never seen it.

I think I actually thanked God (I don't do that too often in truth) when we landed, it was such a relief. The airport at Waterford is tiny, they only have two check-in desks and three or flights heading out each day! I think this is the only place I've been to where the bag reclaim doesn't have a travallater. Instead, they just push it out onto some metal cylinders that roll (well, sort of) the bag down. Imagine if they'd done that on the Generation Game!

To top off my day of unnecessary stress, I was kept waiting by the taximan for half an hour before I decided to ring him back, and what was his response. "Ah bejesus, oi forgot like." Oh smashing, I thought. "Tell you what, I'll sort you out in the next minute." Ah, that's kind of you, cheers! To be fair, I have to admire his honesty, most would have grunted "roadworks" or "be there in a minute" but he swiflty confessed to his stupidity.

At least the taxi driver who arrived was a nice chap, and we shared a few laughs about the hamster powered flight. He said, "don't worry, you're down now" to which I replied, "Yeah, but I still gotta go back!!" I just hope it's not a windy day, there was only a gentle breeze on the way in, and I'm sure the wing touched the ground before the rest of the plane on landing. Gulp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: