blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:36:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  blondepoker.com Team Event: Final Day - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondepoker.com Team Event: Final Day - Interactive  (Read 46276 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 02:43:42 PM »

And they're off!

rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

With play back under way there has been two early eliminations. Both casualties didn't seem interested in post match analysis with their team mates let alone our crew so they remain anonymous. Elsewhere Richie Lawlor is in confident mood going into today's proceedings. A self-confessed blonde poker junkie, the popular waterford card shark (see how one compliment leads to another?) claims he "was up all night last night reading the updates from the day's play". That's like watching a football game after you know the result I reckon, it just isn't the same.

I'm going to stick my neck out, luckylloyd style, and make a prediction. I pick Richie Lawlor's team ftw
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 02:53:07 PM »

He was a busy bee yesterday, and nothing seems to have changed today for Mick Stephens. This was cooler than a Arctic gale though, Mick's Jacks in the big blind running into the Pocket Cowboys of Robbie Power (yes, Nicky's brother) in the small. An ineffective 8c-8s-5d-2c-3s board later, and it was double up time for the shortstacked Power who now jumps up to 12k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 02:56:44 PM »

You've heard of David versus Goliath, well this was the lesser known David versus David battle. With David Boyle raising it up to 3k from late position, an in-need-of-a-double-up David Bury pushed from the big blind for just 4,425 more. Although it seemed like an instacall, Boyle seemed pained in his decision, if only because it would leave him with just several thousand if he were to lose the pot. But it was too few too call, and he eventually threw in the chips with Ac-4h, seemingly aware that he was already dominated. And he was right, as Boyle revealed the Big Slick, which went on to survive a 5c-8h-3d-As-Jh board.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »

There are currently 71 players left with an average stack of 28k. There is ten minutes left of this blind level, the next level being 400 and 800 with a running ante of 75.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 03:18:02 PM »

With 69 players left, we've suffered a few inevitable early exits, but the storm seems to have calmed now. My recent venture into the battlefield saw a couple of all-ins, but no knockouts. After Alex Collyer's all-in re-raise from the small blind went uncontested, I overheard action from the far table, Waterford Autumn Festival finalist Anthony Lynch getting it all-in from the button with and finding action in the form of big stacker Colin Reville and his . Colin didn't see overjoyed about calling, but call he did, and a harmless later and he was left with a small dent in his stack.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »

Photos should be on their way shortly, but as I upload them into our gallery, action from the nearest table makes me pounce from my seat like a starved panther as Neill Kelly announces an all-in encounter between Joe Gallacher and Irish Open finalist Nicky Power. All-in with , Joe was in need of assistance against Nicky's .

Flop =

"Give him the Queen," demands Nicky Power, possibly implementing the old reverse psychology techniques.

Turn =

River =

I personally didn't notice at first, but an eagle-eyed Neill Kelly spotted the split pot, and a tap on the table from Power later and it was chop chop time. Gallacher survives, some might say.
lolamac
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 03:27:14 PM »

Is there many in for the side event,, keep us posted on robbie power and pic if you can thanks
rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 03:35:29 PM »

Damien Kent has just been eliminated. Holding  on a board of  Two Diamonds . His all in was called by  . The shortstack Kent hit neither of his two outs on the turn and river and is the most recent elimination.

5 teams remaining with the full capacity of four players. From Dublin Vera Duffy's team are still in but remain short (Mick Stephen's the lowest on under 7000), Keith Cummin's, John Roger's and Matt Dobbin's teams from Killarney also remain completely intact as does Richie Lawlor's Wexford lads

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 03:36:11 PM »

Damien Kent is the latest casualty. He pushed with Pocket Snowmen on a 5-6-J Flop but was snapcalled by Pocket Kings which survived the raggy Turn and River.

"I'm off to the pub to get drunk," he exclaims. Fair enough.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 03:38:10 PM »

He ran through the names pretty swiftly, but I believe Neill Kelly just announced that there were five teams remaining with all four players intact, one of the hot favourties being Connie O'Sullivan's team.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

Players remaining = 66
Average Stack = 28,181
Blinds = 400/800(75)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 03:50:14 PM »

Is there many in for the side event,, keep us posted on robbie power and pic if you can thanks

Not sure, I'll ask Neill in the upcoming break.
rag2gar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 03:51:26 PM »

Bops is the latest exit from the Blonde Poker Waterford Team Event. Holding   , his shortstack needed to be stregnthened before he could be bop bop bopping again. His all-in push over an initial raiser was folded back to the raiser who called showing   . No   emergency card came and Bops was twist it/push it/spin it/bopping (anybody know what top I'm getting at? Okay pics to follow) his way to the rail. Team captain Keith Cummins has also been eliminated we are just hearing.

Richie Lawlor fans (I'm one-he's my pick) will be happy to hear he has just landed a monster pot with   . The action was as follows. Connie O' Sullivan raised to 3100 on the button with  three clubs three diamonds only to be 3 bet by Lawlor to 13500. Connie then makes the psuh all-in to 38,000 total only to by instantly called by the team "fish with chips" captain. An unhappy O Sullivan says "that's one of the verfy few hands you can call with their" as he shakes his head looking into thin air.

The board of   means Connie O Sullivan is short stacked and Lawlor rocks on to over 80,000 chips.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 03:52:51 PM »

A few at-the-table snaps from earlier today, including one of Nicky Power doing... er, I have no idea what he is doing. Maybe he's a Faulty Towers fan or something.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: