blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  blondepoker.com Team Event: Final Day - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondepoker.com Team Event: Final Day - Interactive  (Read 46218 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: February 24, 2008, 03:15:43 AM »

Percy Kingston is OUT and becomes the 2nd place finisher winning €2,000

JOHN KELLY FINISHES IN 1ST PLACE AND WINS €2,8000

With just two left, and the Team Event effectively over, a deal was struck.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2008, 03:25:29 AM »

Percy Kingston may have finished second, but that runner's up spot meant that his team were in fact the winning team, taking home €6,500 for their troubles. Well done them! 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2008, 03:56:43 AM »

Neill Kelly of Big Slick Events presents the trophy to the winning team: Noel Kelly, Dave Fagan, Percy Kingston and Stevie Richards. They take home €6,500 for their troubles and becomes...

THE 2008 BLONDEPOKER.COM WATERFORD TEAM EVENT CHAMPIONS

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2008, 03:59:06 AM »

And let's not forget to post this picture of these two scallywags.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2008, 04:01:49 AM »

Many thanks to Big Slick Events. This has been a highly entertaining event that was enjoyed by all and, as expected, the banter was rife throughout. Let's hope this event returns next year.

It's been a long 13 hour shift for myself and the debuting McLovin, so from the both us...

toodle pip, folks!

RichieLawlor

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2008, 04:52:33 AM »

Wel done lads, great read, enjoyed it, milliions of photos of me lol
Moral winners we were.
mdwexford

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2008, 04:55:50 AM »

Live pokers are the rigged, that is all.

Wp Gary and Snoopy.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2008, 09:00:59 AM »

Many thanks to Big Slick Events. This has been a highly entertaining event that was enjoyed by all and, as expected, the banter was rife throughout. Let's hope this event returns next year.

It's been a long 13 hour shift for myself and the debuting McLovin, so from the both us...

toodle pip, folks!

well done guys

Gillette. You know it makes sense son!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »

Da iawn

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2008, 12:46:45 PM »

Great updates lads.

My head hurts.....
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »

Great updates lads.

My head hurts.....

And so it should, young man.     I'll be drinking pints of water for a month to make up for last night's proceedings, but first........need a pint bottle of cider to 'right' things for today.   

Has been a great week-end meeting loads of nice people.  Thanks everyone!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Murderer
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2008, 04:13:17 PM »

This is my report of the event that some of you who don't frequent Boards.ie may appreciate.

The key hands in the team event:

With two tables left, Team number one of Matt Dobbins could only reach the cash if their last remaining team member finished sixth or better. Having put all his chips in with AK vs AQ. A board of A58 looked innocent enough, a 5 on the turn and the last ace popped on out the river meaning both players were playing a full house (aces and fives) and the pot was chopped! Several minutes later and he pushed with 55 to be called by AK. AK won the race, hitting a gutshot on the river to send Matt Dobbins team out in 4th place.

Percy Kingston, one of the two remaining players of Noel Kelly's team had seemingly been playing a tight game all day and when he reraised allin on a rainbow board of 679, Ollie St John felt he had no choice but to lay down his pocket tens. Percy then showed A9 for TPTK and took down a massive pot that crippled the one time chip leader Ollie St. John and put Noel Kellys team in the right position to take town the team title. Ollie soon went out when his push on the button with AJ was called by the BB's pocket tens. No help for Ollie and he was knocked out.

Meanwhile, Paddy Dunphy was making his own luck on his table. Realising he needed to pick up chips, he raised Dan Boltons BB only to find himself reraised and committed. He called for the last of his chips with K9 of diamonds which wasn't in too bad a shape against Dans AQo. A flop of QJ9 with two diamonds meant that Paddy had outs coming out of his ears going into the turn and river with the ten of diamonds falling on the river giving him a straight flush and putting him right back in the hunt!

Paddy was once again involved in a big hand shortly after, this time against Mick Doran who, along with his team mate Richie Lawlor, looked to be in good shape to challenge for the win. Mick Doran raised and Paddy Dunphy pushed all in. Mick called with little hesistation and was delighted to see his QQ dominating Paddys 99. Micks delight soon turned into despair however, when a 9 appeared on the flop leaving Mick drawing very thinly to a two outer! No help came on the turn or river and after a quick breakdown of the chips it was discovered that Paddy had Mick covered by a few thousand and Mick bowed out, obviously frustrated.

This had a massive effect on the outlook of the event. Noel Kellys team were now the hot favourites going into the final table with 2 players remaining. They were guaranteed 1st 2nd or 3rd with third looking unlikey given that both players would have to go out in 9th and 8th on the final table! John Rogers team, of which Paddy Dunphy was the sole remaining representative, was guaranteed 2nd with the possibility of 1st should Noel Kellys team have suffered a blow up. Richie Lawlor remained in with a shout of his team coming second subject to him winning the tournament out right!

The complexion of the whole event was changed when Noel Kelly was eliminated first from the final table! His AJ shove ran into a dominating bigger ace. His team still had one remaining member, Percy Kingston who was the shortstack of the table. Percy needed to finish 4 places ahead of Paddy Dunphy to secure the title and with the shortstack that looked unlikely! Stranger things have happened though.

After a quiet half an hour or so, without much action, Paddy Dunphy limped UTG for the first hand he played at the final table and happily pushed allin after Richie Lawlor raised from the button. Richie called and showed AK which looked to be in terrible shape against Paddys AA! The drama wasn't over yet and another dramatic hand played out with Richie hitting not one, but two kings on the flop knocking Paddy out in 7th place!

Percy now needed to finish in 3rd place or better to secure the title. Richie Lawlor was no longer in contention was 2nd place in the team event. John Rogers team of Adam Murphy, Ollie St John, Paddy Dunphy and of course John, were now confined to the rails and could only watch as the action unfolded.

Richie Lawlor was pressing Percy hard and raised most of his blinds. Percy finally made a stand when he called Richies massive raise with A2. It looked to be in terrible shape against Richies A7. A Jack high flop offered no help to either and Percy looked to be resigned to defeat when a jack paired the board and meant both players were playing ace high. Chop Chop!

Percy soon found himself in the midst of the action as he came over the top of longtime chipleader Colm Fardy's raise. Colm called and showed AK, racing against Percys 10's. Straight away Colm hit his king, much to the delight of John Rogers team but when the cards were spread, an unsightly 10 was revealed for a set and Percy doubled up through Colm. For the first time in the duration of the final table, Percy had an average stack and he had now had a decent chance to take the title if he could simply stay out of trouble.

Things improved for Percy when Eoin O'Neills push for 205k was insta-called by Nicky Power. Eoin O'Neills KJ was dominated by Nickys KQ and Nicky took down another monster pot sending Eoin out in 5th place. Colin Fardy was the next victim when he lost his third race in a row against John Kelly. Colin had joined the final table as the chip leader.

Percy was now sitting pretty with a decent amount of chips and fortunately for him, Nicky and John went to war with John winning yet another race to double up through Nicky. Then, Johns raise was met by an allin by Nicky which was in turn was instantly called by John. Nicky threw over 6c8c which were in need of more than a bit of help against John's Jacks. No help came and Nicky exited in 4th place meaning Percy Kingston had secured the team event title for Team Noel Kelly!

The last person to be eliminated from the event was Richie Lawlor who pushed when he flopped an open ended straight draw but failed to improve. Percy and John Kelly then proceeded to do a deal with John taking home €2800 and Percy €2000, as well as his share of his teams €6500!

Overall it was a fantastic event and a real nailbiter in the end! Well done to the winners and everyone who cashed!

Summary of team event:

1st: Team Noel Kelly: Noel Kelly, Dave Fagan, Steven Richards, Percy Kingston
2nd: Team John Rogers: John Rogers, Adam Murphy, Paddy Dunphy, Ollie St John
3rd: Team Fish With Chips: Richie Lawlor, Mick Doran, Lorcan Dooley, A. N. Other.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: