blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:04:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen - Final Day
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Copenhagen - Final Day  (Read 33602 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 01:49:34 PM »

Frenchman Nicolas Dervaux, who seemed a quiet one through most of the last two days, has been doing more than his fair share of pre-flop raising, taking down some nice blinds and antes at least five times so far.  The Paris resident is or was apparently ranked 18th in pool in France...

Patrik Andersson, having doubled through Simon Dorslund, is now in a position to re-raise all-in pre over the top of a Danny Ryan button raise.  His raise: 102,000.
"Have two face cards, eh?" thinks Danny as he works out range stuff, as you do when considering calling with... .  Which he does.

Patrik shows:

Flop:
Turn:
River:

So that means that Swede Patrik Andersson busts in 8th place, winning DKK569,333  €76,386
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:09:14 PM by danafish » Logged

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 01:52:58 PM »

Mr Patrik Andersson, a-busted:

Click to see full-size image.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 01:59:10 PM »

seen as a threeway flop...
Soren Jensen checks, and Tim Vance checks, so over to Simon Dorslund on the button.  65k the bet back to Soren, who passes.  So over to Tim who's on his feet once more saying stuff like, "I don't think you got a hand, sir."  It is true that last time he said something like that he was right (that call of an all in with 99 on a Queen-high flop yesterday) and he goes with his read and raises to 260,000.  That's quite a bit.  He gets a pass and sings "I want you!  I want you so ba-a-a-ad it's driving me mad!" Whether he is talking to Soren or the chips or just playing the Beatles back catalogue in his mind is unclear.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 02:07:45 PM »

For some reason, I feel myself rooting for the French dude. I feel so dirty!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2008, 02:09:36 PM »

Button limpage from Nicolas Dervaux... who so far hasn't been shy about putting in some raises.  Both blinds refrain from upping the price.
the flop - check to Nicolas who takes it down very speedily with one bet.

Tim Vance raises to 33k and starts a-pacing (is told not to actually leave the table when he's in a hand by T.K. though) and picks up three whole callers. 
"You all got hands?" he queries a bit incredulously...
Flop:   Magnus checks, Rasmus checks, Tim Vance rubs his hands together for about 20 seconds swaying gently from side to side, before betting 133k.  Nicolas gets out of the way but Magnus Hansen was waiting to check-raise all in...
"Did you limp in with Aces, Kings or Queens?  No.  Maybe Tens or Fours."  A running commentary interspersed with questions, "You have a set of fours?  Don't want to talk to me no more?"

It's 200andsomething thousand to call.  "I call."  He decides, abruptly.

Magnus Hansen shows
Tim Vance shows

Turn:
River:

So a double through to over half a mil from the chip leader for silent Magnus Hansen...  "Nice hand," Tim says before berating himself, "Take more TIME, Tim, take more TIME."

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »

Mr Tim Vance has been talking to a very small person apparently concealed inside his hat.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »

Now Mr Vance button-raises to 33k - not very much seeing as blinds are up next hand. Big blind dairy farmer Dorslund calls.

Flop -  and Dorslund checks it. Vance has apparently already given up and checks it too.

Turn - and now Dorslund bets just 30k. Vance folds. As basically expected.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 02:23:45 PM »

Tim raises again - to 43k.  Small blind Nicolas Dervaux doesn't bite, but big blind Soren Jensen makes the call.
Flop: three diamonds  Soren now checks, and check behind.
Turn:   Now soren bets out 40k.  Call.
River:   Quick check from Soren, Tim declares A-T... but Soren has a Seven and celebrates in the way in which we have become accustomed.  He's not a continuous talker, but when he wins something he's more intense than the American, who is starting to lose his good humour a little, we sense.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 02:26:14 PM »

Tim raises again, to 58k this time. "I want YOU... I want you so ba-a-a-ad, it's driving me mad." A lot of people are being driven mad, somehow. Everyone folds. Danny Ryan is trying not to laugh.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2008, 02:31:18 PM »

Mr Vance now punching hand and gibbering. No more coffee for that man, waitress.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2008, 02:38:40 PM »

A flop of is seen by three players - Rasmus the preflop raiser, and smooth callers button Tim Vance and the big blind.
Simon checks, initial raiser Rasmus Nielsen bets 106k.  Tim talks.  The EPTlive guy says, "We're hearing this guy's brain," which is a completely accurate description of how every thought which occurs to Tim seems to come out of his mouth.

Tim raises.  To 250,000.   He plonks in 290k, but verbal declaration being binding it's a quarter mil bet... which is good enough to get rid of both opponents.  Tim Vance has clawed back a good few chips in the last 20 minutes, taking several blinds and playing almost every hand. 

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »

The very next hand, Tim raises preflop again, taking the blinds again and throwing down his .  He's back up to 1.1 million chips while Rasmus Hansen is in second place with 916k.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008, 02:51:33 PM »

Being 0 for 2 on getting Danny Ryan's big blind, Tim Vance now raises from the small blind - he thinks - to take The_D_RY's bb...  But the problem is, it wasn't a blind on blind battle - Danny actually wanted to be in that pot and Tim was so busy negotiating which parts of the floor around the table he was allowed to compulsively pace over with Thomas Kremser (I kid you not) that he didn't notice.  A re-raise from Ryan and he let those chips literally fly away, ranting a little bit at TK where it was just his lack of paying attention which got him into that trouble. 

I have never witnessed this level of nervous energy in a player ever - beginning to think he might have a chemical condition which might make this final extremely stressful for him.  Either way it's like having the radio on and tuned to TimVance FM.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2008, 02:55:45 PM »

Seat 6: Nicolas Dervaux, 33, Paris, France – 336,000 chips

Nicolas Dervaux - He used to be a professional pool player and is currently ranked 18th in France. He also owns a pool hall but plays less now that he's into poker. He is very proud of his pool achievements and slightly baffled by what he considers "all the fuss" about poker. He said: "It's easy. I just do it." He started playing online after a friend downloaded the software and explained the rules. He mainly plays cash games and always in turbo games where you have to move within five seconds - he gets bored if he has to wait more than a minute. Father-of-one Nicolas has been a pro for two years. Best result so far was €15k in an online tourney. This is his first major live tournament. Most of his experience has been in online cash games.

Mr Dervaux must surely win "HAT OF THE DAY"

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

Danny Ryan vs. Simon Dorslund...

Danny check-raises the flop by 95k but faces a re-raise all in pretty sharpish.  It looks like one of those "I know you're likely to do x so I'm going to do y but you know I can do y so..." things.  Either way he lets it go after a summary countdown.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: