blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:51:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 21699 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »

Devilfish has taken possession of a sizeable percentage of Bardi Rajah's remaining chips (not sure how he found himself short, but he's on a crazy table).

Rajah limped from one off the cut-off, and Devilfish raised to 1100 from the button. The blinds got out of the way, and Bardi called to see a flop, which was - they both checked it. They also checked the turn, and Bardi checked the river before Devilfish put in a cheeky 1500 bet. Rajah folded. "I flopped a pair..." said Devilfish, turning over  . He's on around 20k now; Rajah's down to just over 3k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »

James Honeybone will be making the short trip back to New Zealand, he was a post-dinner victim of Burnley John Falconer, who is now up to the vertigo inducing heights of 29,700. John raised it up pre-flop with Aces, before betting every street of a K-J-3-J board, all the chips eventually going in on the Turn. James revealed K-Q and failed to hit one of his two outs.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2008, 08:03:53 PM »

Julian Thew was just ALLIN!

Shortstacked he moved his final 3k into the middle on a three clubs board which brought a quizzical interrogation from the other player in the hand.

"Have you got a dodgy 2 pair?"

Julian remained quiet.

His opponent eventually passed and Julian shrugged, showing for an open ended straight draw, as if to say "with my stack, what could I do?"

Currently on 5.5k and still on a bit of life support but hanging in there...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2008, 08:08:36 PM »

By the way I have just edited the clock to say there were 206 runners - Jason Shellum apparently didn't show, and somehow made it as far as the level 4 chipcounts before anyone noticed he wasn't here.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2008, 08:16:36 PM »

Marc Goodwin has moved to table Burnley-Jen (you see what I did there?  ) and immediately started asserting himself.

He bets 2k into a 3k-or-so pot on a J-3-9-Q board, and takes it down.

Next hand, he and Jonathan Gotts see a flop - it is Two Clubs - and Goodwin bets 1k; Gotts calls.

Turn - and Goodwin bets 1.5k. Gotts artlessly twiddles chips for a little while before folding. "There's a new bully on the table," says Burnley John. "Cardrack," says Marc Goodwin.

By the way, a sad loss to table Burnley-Jen is Elvis, OUT before dinner after running his pocket Kings into Leo Kam's Aces preflop. I hope he's got conversation, because there will be no more action for that Elvis in this GUKPT.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 08:17:12 PM »

Bedlam on the nearest table as Ben Vinson pushes over the top of Josh Gould for what looks to be a total of 6.3k only to be called by Arkady Kielman and Josh Gould.

With the two players seeing a Flop, Ben rises from his seat, perhaps conceding before the board is dealt and sighs dejectedly as play continues. Josh and Arkady, meanwhile, go snooker loopey, Josh deep-reaching for a column of greens and purples only for Arkady to swiftly call all-in.

Arkady =

Josh =

Ben =

Turn =

drum roll please, mr yellow face man...

River =

So, Ben survives to take a very sumptuous main pot whilst Arkady is forced to settle for the still meaty side pot. Josh Gould, however, is left to count up the shrapnel before him and rue ever being dealt those blasted Ladies in the first place.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 08:18:54 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »

I walk by table Thewy and Jack Powell has a hefty 3k or so on the table, and Niall Charlton has re-raised himself all in. Eventually Powell calls.

Powell -
Charlton -

Board - Two Diamonds (Powell is standing already) (he's putting on his coat) (he's trying to leave)

But he has almost 2k change and sits back down, most probably to start shoving every hand and praying to God for a miracle...

By the way Thewy has around 7k in a single, incredibly tall stack of low-denomination chips. "Feels like 70k!" he says, slightly hysterical expression on face.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2008, 08:38:58 PM »

Julian has nursed his micro-stack back up to a more healthy if still quite vulnerable 14k.

"Some top notch grinding" was the phrase he used to explain his recovery. Boy's got gears!

Richie Allen ( who incidentally was NOT Barry Neville's executioner earlier) is nonetheless not far off the chip lead with 30k+, looking relaxed and focused, wearing his large earphones.

His tablemate and indeed next door neighbour "Berndt" Alexander is not far behind, holding a meaty 25k+ stack himself. Hopefully he won't set fire to his stack and score an own coal.

Actionman and hitsquad fans attention!

Priyan De Mel just found himself in an enormous pot in the region of 45 or 50k. He was up against Louis Schwartz and it was a coldeck-tastic AA v KK coup.

Sadly for you guys, Priyan found himself with the wrong end of this situation, his cowboys no match for Schwartz's pocket rockets and a board devoid of fate-altering Kings or other combinations of cards means Priyan is banished to the rail by Schwatz, who now nurses an awesome 60k stack which is likely to be good for the chip lead as we stand.

Bad luck to Priyan, K-K v A-A always a harsh way to find yourself dumped out. I'm sure his time will come eventually though...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

C'mon James!

The good news is you receive a gold award for services to bokking. The bad news I'm afraid is James is OUT. He was relatively short and so I guess made a move to get himself back in. Details rather sketchy I'm afraid. If I get any more info I'll let you know. For now I offer my sympathies.

Some more random counts to cheer you up I hope.

K O'Leary 7k
Bambos 25k

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2008, 09:03:38 PM »

Mateyboy raises, and both Jen and Graham Wheldon both call.

Flop - - Jen checks and Graham Wheldon bets 2k. Mateyboy raises to 5k. Jen at this point gets out of the way, and Wheldon raises to put Mateyboy in, which is not as it happens very much. Call, obviously.

Wheldon instantly flips with the unmistakable flipping-tone (real) of one who knows he has the nuts. With a look of barely surpressed nausea, Matey turns over the and walks off. I ask Ariston (lurking near tables, playing tomorrow, drinking since 2pm) what Matey's name is. He pretends he knows for a moment, then asks Burnley John - "What's that guy's name?" he bellows across the table. Says Burnley John, "Unlucky." Indeed.

Actually I waited 10 minutes while Mr Matey spat out his bitterness into his mobile phone, and then discovered from him that his name is Mike Chivers. Unlucky, Mr Chivers, gg and all that.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »

What goes down apparently must come up again - Julian has yo-yoed himself back up to 18k, grinding for a bit and then running his Aces all over some unfortunate person's Queens.

-----------

Paul Cohen is OUT. He pushed his last 2k in with K-J but ran into A-9 and failed to improve. His biggest hit came when his Aces were outdone by 7-2suited. I don't know the exact details but something tells me that it wasn't pretty.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:20:14 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2008, 09:12:23 PM »

Hilarious Decision Of The Day:

Nik Persaud is shouting and gesticulating wildly. He says that one of alternate F Meoni's cards was at some point flipped and he THINKS he saw a low card, either a Deuce, Three or Four. The floor is called over, the situation explained, the decision made - it's a misdeal. "Go on, flip your top card," says Nik to Meoni. He flips it - a King. He flips the other one - a Queen. Maybe Nik should get those gigantic glasses back...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2008, 09:14:09 PM »

I'm afraid James Akenhead has been eliminated. He found himself all-in against Andrew Andreou with 8-8 v A-K. King on the Flop led to one tablemate commenting, "Do you hit every thing?" I guess Andrew is in good form.

----------

By the looks of the rail and the nearby cash games, it would appear as though Jan Magnus Brevik, Dave Smith, Trevor Reardon, John Kabbaj, Ashley Hayles and John Gale have all fallen by the wayside.

----------

If anyone can, Tann can, and Willie just proved that by taking out both Paul Alterman and Kevin Allen in one foul swoop. The hand actually left Kevin steaming on the rail, and rightly so. With Willie raising from late position with Pocket Tens, Kevin smooth-called from the cut-off with Aces only for Paul Alterman to shove behind with Pocket Jacks. Willie snap-called, as did Kevin, but as a Ten fell on the Flop, both Kevin and Paul found themselves in desperate need of a similar outdraw, their respective two outers failing to appear on the raggy Turn and River. As Kevin chewed a nettle on the rail, he informed that another player had confessed of folding a ten, meaning that Willie was actually drawing to just the one out. Ouch!

----------

He may look like Kenny Rogers, but he didn't know when to fold'em today, Jeff Rogers' A-Q losing out to A-J on a Jack high Flop and sending him packing.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 09:17:35 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:51 PM »

A small crowd forms around Table Devilfish as the Fishy One and Ian Woodley are involved in a hand with a lot of chips in the middle. I catch the hand just in time to see them not-very-interestingly check the turn and river of a board, and the crowd is already dispersing as Woodley shows  and Devilfish mucks.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 09:49:13 PM »

Some titbits of info to keep you going till we receive the official chip counts from the end of the last level.

Nick Gibson, who came 3rd in last year's London GUKPT, is in a spot of bother at 8k, which at 300 600 75 will NOT last long. Expect a double or bust shortly...

Ian Cox is on 15 or 16k, which again is a tad below average but he's not quite in desperate territory just yet...

Josh Tyler seems to be slowing down, perhaps giving his hardworking jaw a rest. He's going well though on 22k which is above average at the mo...

Leo Kam's early work has been partially undone, although at 14k he has a short amount of time to garner the chips he needs to repeat his feat in winning the corresponding GUKPT last year.

Jen Mason has achieved her aim of getting to 20k, possibly with a little bit to spare as she looks to have just a shade over that at the moment. A good comeback after a shaky start, which seems to be Jen's general modus operandi in these GUKPTs.

She has just been re-located to Devilfish's table, who is sporting position over her and a good stack of 20k+ which she admitted to being a tad disappointed by.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: