blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - At A Glance  (Read 21698 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:58:13 AM »

Greetings poker fanatics and welcome to the At A Glance live update of the BlueSquare.com London GUKPT.

On this thread we shall publish just the bare details: double ups, exits, chip counts, etc.

For a fuller update, and the opportunity to interact with the updates in whatever shape or form you wish, then please visit our Interactive update by clicking the link below.

Yoohoo! Click me. Click me. :-P

Play commences at 2pm.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 02:59:43 PM »

Table 1:
Eoin Kennedy
Nick Riseley
Martin Bader
Andy Achillea
Colin Kennedy
John Flanagan
Azzy Asgher
Richie Allen
Barry Neville
Brian Johnson

Table 2:
Arkady Kielman
Demetris Theophanous
Michael Arnold
Terry Simpson
Joshua Tyler
Ian Cox
Bernd Alexander
David Johnson
Richard Ashby
Daniel Samson

Table 3:
Raymond Nicholas
Nathan Lee
David Laronde
Niall Charlton
Jack Powell
Leon Campbell
Julian Thew
Jaan Fiddian
Nick Holbrook
Francis Rohan

Table 4:
Thomas Dunwoodie
Vegard Nygaard
Marcus Bebb-Jones
Neil Mcculloch
Louise Duffy
Richard Stanley
James King
Maz Nawab
Jamil Ogunmakinwa
S Wan

Table 5:
Anthony Roux
Bardi Rajah
John Gale
Devilfish Ulliott
Mark Segal
Tim Flanders
Victor Foster
Ian Woodley
Stephen Bovis
Helge Stjernvang

Table 6:
Steve Robson
J Wray
Alex Martin
Kai Paulsen
Kerry Taylor
Dave Smith
Darren Pearce
Peter Charalambous
Jeffrey Rogers
Nicolas Levy

Table 7:
Chung Hoang
Joel Ettedgi
Kevin Allen
Paul Alterman
Andy Slater
Barny Boatman
Willie Tann
Talal Shakerchi
Jerome Oshea
Sonny Ridgwell

Table 8:
Julien Leonard
Charalambous Xanthos
Andy Greekfish
Ram Vaswani
Michael Mcgee
Ian Fraser
James Akenhead
Kevin O'Leary
S Nikkhah
Ashley Gorman

Table 9
Fowzi Baroukh
James Keys
Stephen Holden
John Duthie
Andy Ward
Knut Russtad
Priyan De Mel
Marius Arnesen
Paul Mendes
Surinder Sunar

Table 10:
John Eames
Bran Lenton
Matt Novak
Anthony Quinn
Thomas Roe
Richard Grace
Kevin Chandler
Nik Persaud
William Martin
Inil Abraham

Table 11:
Manuel Palanca
John Falconer
Jennifer Mason
Sami Yusuf
Justin Kean
Andrew Cruickshank
Jonathan Gotts
James Honeybone
Pol Astaniotis
Leo Kam

Table 12:
Mike Chivers
Torstein Iversen
D Anderson
Jason Shellum
John Gale (hmm, also on table 5. Anyone know if there are two John Gales?)
Wilson Chan
Tony Ringe
Michael Ellis
C Chapman
David Barnes

Table 13:
Darren FUller
Paul Cohen
Edward Cahill
Malek Naser
Zack Chesses
Ashley Hayles
Alec Foster
M Patel
Yaqub Alsami
Graeme Newman

Table 14:
Howard Smith
Dave Gregory
Steve Townsend
Lucy Rokach
Rahim Tadjsaadat
John Kabbaj
Jim Dunsford
Dan Furnival
Jeremy Longley
Ben Grundy

Table 15:
Ben Vinson
Paul Kerr
Jan Magnus Brevik
Zaheer Zeb
Josh Gould
Stuart Prior
Alexander Salabaschew
P Christodolou
Richard Gryko
Karim Vegas

Table 16:
J Bach
Piers Whyman
Michael Bale
John Gardner
Rory Campbell
Christer Bjorin
Ariel Adda
Marc Goodwin
Mickey Wernick
Au Jebali

Table 17:
Graham Wheldon
James Sudworth
John Conroy
Paul Farr
Fraser Dunphy
Najam Qureshi
Peter Gould
Mike Fisher
Stephen Vincent
Paul Murrell

Table 18:
Chen Tse
Nick Gibson
Peter Maier
Lee Clarke
Dervis Ozkarapinar
Leslie Kerrigan
Lee Squire
Rory Liffey
Scott Chaudhry
D Lee

Table 19:
Alex Clark
Alan Dean
Joe Grech
Mohammed Zahour
C Ninh
Jeff Buffenbarger
Alex Vandeweyer
Sid Harris
Dominic Ricepierse
A Khaitan

Table 20:
Jarl Klaebo
Idris Ambraisse
Louis Schwartz
Dominic Kay
Gino Desiena
James Kazal
Adam Vinson
David Evans
Panicos Ellinas
Robert Sherman

Three are already OUT - C Ninh, Stephen Bovis and another one as to be reported right now by Junglecat. Alternates are being taken until the end of the hour...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:06:52 PM »

Meanwhile, other things that have been happening include my-drummer-Timur-lookalikey Dervis Ozkarapinar getting himself down to around 6k, calling all the way down and mucking on the river to Chen Tse's flopped full house.

Also, I bring you the new blonde award category of Unusual Call Of The Hour - Rahim Tadjsaadat is it this hour, for calling an 1100 bet from Dan Furnival on a two spades board. Dan showed and Rahim mucked, giggling. Wonder what happened earlier on in that hand...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:09:37 PM »

Friends, owing to the addition of alternates at random intervals we're going to wait until we have definite numbers (the official ones will be coming by dinner break) to update the runners on the clock, if that's all right with everyone (shush, Barry). So know that we currently probably have 203 total runners with 200 left in. Probably.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 03:15:17 PM »

Barry Neville told me "Listen oop kid, Ahm not pleyin many 'ands today"

His yorkshire brogue-delivered prophecy proved accurate, although perhaps not for the reasons he thought...

I saw him walking around lilke a bulldog chewing a wasp in the cardroom and I approached him with no small measure of trepidation...

"How's things?" I venture daringly...

"Ah told thee ah'd not pley meny 'ands terdehhh. Same kid teks all me chips!"

(Most likely candidate is Brian Johnson who is circa 17/18k at the moment)

"First off ah've got eeeessses." (Ok I must admit at this point I was defeated by Barry's accent and was unsure whether he had or Aces)

Anyway turns out his conqueror had and had flopped quads, causing Barry to lose much of his stack...

Next up Barry had T-J and committed all his chips on the turn of a 7 - 9 - T - 9 flop, only to find his opponent, (Brian again!) had another big hand in 7-7 for a flopped set.

One disgruntled yorkshireman was sent crashing to the rail with a menacing big black cloud hovering over his head. I consoled Barry as best I could before rushing off in case he decided to wreak veangeance on those standing nearby. "Woon thousand pounds for 2 hands!" he shouts at me as I depart.

"bout £500 a hand Barry I reckon", providing mathematical, if not actual assistance as i leave.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 04:40:09 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

"How've you been getting on?" I ask Gutshotter Mike Tse, actually referring to his poker career. "I was up to 15k at one point," replies Mike, obviously poised to discuss his early action in this particular comp.

"Don't tell him the hand," exclaims neighbour Nick Gibson frantically. "I don't want people thinking I'm a (insert alternative name for a cat here)."

Ignoring his foe's wishes, Mike continues: "I was in the big blind and, along with the small blind, called Nick's under-the-gun re-raise. I checked to Nick, and he bet 500 on a 6 high rainbow Flop. The small blind called, and I raised to 2k. Nick folded, and the small blind called. It then got checked to the end with a Jack slowing me down on the River. Nick folded Queens apparently."

------------

I join the action with the highly rated John Eames dipping into the think tank, the 15k in front of him and the 5k before Kevin Chandler making me thinking the latter has announced all-in. With the board reading , John Eames ums and ahs before finally making the call and revealing . Chandler, meanwhile, can only muster a pair of Pocket Ladies. A non-Queen River was then followed by the usual, but ultimately non-hostile "What took you so long?" remarks and a flurry of raised eyebrows. With Chandler looking rather disgruntled, neighbour Nik Persaud then joked, "If you're thinking that long with a set, I'm going to be bluffing you loads later on." He's a cheeky monkey that, one.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:49:09 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 03:36:19 PM »

Rory Liffey, the flame haired young Irishman is OUT!

Details of his exit are scarcer than razors around Snoopy's chin, but if I can flesh out the bare bones of this description people, beleive me I will........using real flesh, muahahahah!

No, not really, I'll use words. I'm not a psycho cat, honest. This is a psycho cat...

Word has filtered through of some other early eliminations, those being the players occupying seats 406 and 106, aka Richard Stanley and John Flanagan.

Good game fellas

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »

Update on and proxy best wishes to Marius Arnesen please.

I couldn't engage his attention whilst "trundling by"(phrase stolen from snoopy) his table but he has 9,300.

EDIT: ARGHHHH no no no. I'm so sorry. I went to get a chip count from Marius Arnsesan, sat at table 9 seat 8, but somehow managed to transpose these two numbers and pick up the count from table 8, seat 9, who is S Nikkhah or Snicker, as he has recently been nick-named (by me if you find it funny, by Dana if this is Mr Nikkhah reading)

Anyway in case you are following our peanut and caramel coated hero, he has 9,300 at the moment.

Other random counts as we approach the first break...

Ian Cox has taken a hit, and is down to roughly 8 or 8.5k.

Josh Tyler is possibly the man who releived Ian of his chips. He is in typical boisterous form, heard telling the table in no uncertain terms that he wants to be the chip leader at the end of the day. He is going well on around 13-14k at the moment.

Devilfish has been quiet so far, but this has not impinged on his ability to accumulate chips and he is up to a healthy 14k or so.

John Kabbaj looks to be in a spot of bother, having lost roughly half of his initial stack, sitting on 5k at the moment.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 04:28:45 PM »

John Gale B (the one on table 12) has won a 5k-or-so pot largely off of Michael Ellis. The board read and Gale showed  before Ellis mucked.

---------------------------------

Meanwhile Dervis Ozkarapinar managed to get himself virtually all in with about 150 chips behind on the river of a two spades board, but his opponent (I believe an as yet unnamed alternate) passed. Looks like he's on 5 or 6k here, and incredibly unhappy.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »

On Table Devilfish, Bardi Rajah (owner of Inexplicable Cap Of The Day, incidentally) has won a pretty hefty pot. The flop is - it Tim Flanders bets 800, and Victor Foster and Rajah call. Devilfish and Mark Segal, who had limped in/checked blinds, get out of the way.

Turn - and they all check.

River - - and it checks to Karim, who bets a conservative-given-the-circumstances 1200; Flanders and Foster pass. Bardi Rajah shows for the straight flush. "I was worried one of you had the Ace..."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 04:46:06 PM »

Still on Table Devilfish, in fact the very next hand, Devilfish limps in utg. Anthony Roux raises from the button; Blinds Bardi Rajah and John Gale A call, as does Devilfish.

Flop - two spades - Devilfish bets 600, and everyone calls. Everyone at the table seems to be refusing to respect everyone else's bets currently. I do not know why.

Turn - - now it checks to Roux, who bets an almost-pot-sized 2400. This is now too big a bet for everyone to disrespect. Rajah and Gale A fold; Devilfish calls.

River - - Devifish checks, and Roux bets again. Devilfish calls.

Devilfish -
Anthony Roux - to take the pot.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »

"Why did you move in on the Flop?" asks a disgruntled Dan Samson, his 1.5k bet on a two hearts Flop being first smooth called by Bernd Alexander before check-raised all-in by Mr Chufty Richard Ashby. With the rest of the table departing for the break, Dan Samson, with Richard standing fro his seat and casting a foreboding shadow over the table, was left to mull up what appeared to be a tricky and torturous decision. "You've got a flush draw, haven't you?" he inquires, to which Richard gives no answer either way. In the end, Samson reluctantly passes, clearly smelling a rat but not being willing to commit so many chips to the pot. As Richard takes another quick glimpse at his cards, I pretend to look and later admit to seeing them (a slight porkie) only for Richard to show the rest of the table . "Did you fold a set?" he asks Samson. "Course I didn't have a set," he replies. "I had you beat though."

------------

Rahim Tadjsaadat, is OUT. He raised Steve Townsend all-in with three diamonds on a board but was called by . Rahim didn't realise that he'd lost the hand when the fell on the River, so sat patiently waiting for some chips to be pushed his way, but a quick flurry of finger pointing from dealer and players and he was soon watching from the rail.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 05:13:56 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 05:19:29 PM »

how is pryian de mel and akenhead going on please, ive put my monies on them

Good news for you fella.

James Akenhead has made slow but positive progress in the early stages and is up to 12,000.

Priyan however has leapfrogged ahead of his fellow Hit Squadder in imperious fashion and is sitting on a stack of 16,500 as things stand.

It took me a while to relate this information as there have been some suprising developments in the cardroom, news of which I will be relating shortly...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 05:26:45 PM »

shared with us the names of the nine lucky alternates who got in today, they are
Asi Mayo - 2101
Cicelli Necmettin - 2102
Mark Russel - 2103
G Wilson - 2104
F Meoni - 2105
Matteo - 2106
R Lee - 2107
Ed Giddens - 2108
Cristian Ciurea - 2109

Also Ram Vaswani and David La Ronde didn't play, so 200 minus those two plus the nine alternates makes 207 total runners, of which 180 remain.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »

Shocking developments! Julian has a leak! Well, not through his poker play, although he is down from his initial starting stack but more excitingly, there was a mysterious jet of water that began raining down on his head a few moments ago.

Julian running like he does, you may have expected the fluid pouring down to be a decadent cocktail of Dom Perignon and Asses Milk, lightly interspersed with croutons of manna from heaven. In fact it turned out it was merely manky old condense from a leaking air conditioning unit...

Meanwhile as fears for the players safety grew in the face of this ominous flood of water, the table was evacuated, the tournament was temporarily stopped and efforts were made to contact Jack Bauer at CTU to come in for assistance. Sadly he was unavailable due to the writer's strike in the US, meaning it was left to the brave intervention of the Grosvenor staff to save the day.

Here we have Zach, with little thought for his own safety, fearlessly stepping in to catch the offending tsunami in a glass...

Julian was genuinely upset by the whole incident, commenting "It was the worst thing to happen to me since my dog died!"

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: