blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:54:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BlueSquare.com London GUKPT: Day 1A - Interactive  (Read 65244 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« on: March 06, 2008, 02:58:24 AM »

Greetings one and all and welcome to the Interactive live update of the London GUKPT at the Grosvenor Victoria in London. If you're as excited as me (about 11 on the woohoo scale), then you'll be pleased to hear that we kick off at the poker-player-heart-sinking time of 2pm. As always, your blonde poker update team will be present, this time boasting a team of three comprising of a dog, a cat, and a fish... and we all know who's at the top of that food chain. 

Of course, that motley crew is myself, Junglecat and the-I'd-better-say-she's-lovely-or-else-I'm-in-the-dog-house-...again Dana 'banjo, banjo, I love banjos!' Immanuel. I don't currently have a player list at hand, but I fully expect the usual suspects to be there - Dave 'shaky eyeballs' Colclough, Julian 'golden yoyo balls' Thew, Mickey 'the immovable object' Wernick, and co. Also gracing the felt with her presence is Ms Jen Mason, currently warming up for her week of poker by er... sitting on the couch drinking wine (they're like Rocky these poker pro's, always training).

Anyhow, enough of my waffling, let the games begin. Oh, no, hold on, not yet, play doesn't start till tomorrow, so I shall see you then! As always, feel free to throw any requests our way. This is an open forum, so we're more than happy to grab a chip count, photo and whatnot of any participant (even the scary looking ones), but make sure you let us know.

Bonjour, as Del Boy would say.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:17:44 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:15:35 AM »

Ah. Just spotted. An early (but possibly not 100% accurate) list of players, accompanied by betting odds. Click the link below to view the book:

Cooee, I'm a link, click me, I shall show you ways for you to spend money

Anyone spot a good bet there? Surely reigning champion Leo Kam is a steal at 250-1...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 03:18:37 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:31:01 AM »

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 05:44:41 AM »

Ah. Just spotted. An early (but possibly not 100% accurate) list of players, accompanied by betting odds. Click the link below to view the book:

Anyone spot a good bet there? Surely reigning champion Leo Kam is a steal at 250-1...

lol.

Only valoooo i see there is Rumit and Parker @ 250; Lovejoy, Surinder, Dan Sampson, and Soxy @ 200

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »

lol.

Only valoooo i see there is Rumit and Parker @ 250; Lovejoy, Surinder, Dan Sampson, and Soxy @ 200

If you're looking hard for the value Flushy, here's my foolproof, step by step guide on how to find it.

1) Walk into the bathroom.
2) Stand in front of the sink.
3) Slowly....look up...

Glub...

I agree with Snoops, Kam is a good bet here. The young Canadian chef ( though after his fine double GUKPT final table performance last season, he may conceivably have changed career to poker pro by now) was very impressive last year in the race for the title and it looked for all the world like he, or the (I hesitate to use the word "shiny") accomplished Nick Gibson would take the chequered flag from around 40 players out. Indeed both made the last 3 before Kam accelerated majestically through the final few laps to take down the trophy and plaudits.

Whatever, it should prove an exciting four days of poker, especially with the rare sight of the one and only poker legend that is "The Devilfish" at a GUKPT event.

On a side note, I am currently in the midst of renovating a flat. I spent yesterday single handedly carrying 3/4 of a ton (no exaggeration!) of wooden flooring up three excruciating flights of stairs, meaning my body has been left battered and bruised, feeling like it has been run over by a tractor (possibly on the M25).

However all my aches and pains melt away at the prospect of teaming up FOR THE FIRST TIME with that canine gargantuan of the poker updating scene....SNOOPY!

I'm having puppies at the prospect of seeing my doggy colleague in action for the first time, although if he is still sporting that dead rodent on his chin, then the claws might fly! I am obviously no less excited at re-joining the multi talented Dana, whose comical , yet cultivated style always keeps everyone entertained.

She doesn't just flaunt advanced literary skills though, oh no. You may not be aware of this but she has recently been nominated for a music award.

She's far too modest to tell you about this herself (on this thread at least!) but feel free to click the link below to register your support for her. She's really a quite excellent musician.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=31655.0

Enough from me for now...Good luck all taking part, a mouth wateringly momentous day beckons.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 09:59:29 AM »

to the blondes!!

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 10:23:07 AM »

Leo Kam warmed up for this by somehow managing to get knocked out of the Saturday night comp at the Empire before I did, and I never even made the first break.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:58 AM »

Leaving a minute gang, having to drive to the Vic as i cant justify the expenses. Not the hotel bills, just the drinking sessions that accompany this tour.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 10:59:57 AM »

Leaving a minute gang, having to drive to the Vic as i cant justify the expenses. Not the hotel bills, just the drinking sessions that accompany this tour.

Remember the congestion charge

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 11:02:22 AM »

I see Im not up on the bluesquare odds list, I presume that means they stopped taking bets? Is that a 'winner w/out Barry Carter' line?
alexross
nhggfu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 11:59:35 AM »

Best of luck matey. I hate to say it, but one fricking TIME!

my hot picks to final table this one are AlexMartin (don't ask - i do love those underdog 350-1 shots Wink, dan carterfish and Chris moorman

littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 12:01:11 PM »

good luck to Julian,dave colclough also pete linton and Sam trickett if they play
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »

Remember the congestion charge

dont need it if you stay on the edgeware road and park in the right place

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

good luck to all blondes esp Alex Martin and Graham "Chompy" Wheldon (you are forgiven!)

run well lads

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 12:43:48 PM »

Good luck stout yeoman's of Blonde.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: