blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:35:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 11769 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 05:09:27 PM »

Pascal Perrault face turns into a grimace when his opponent leads out for 4,000 into a 6,500 pot on the river of a board, it's almost half the Frenchman's remaining chips, and he really didn't like the river. So much so, he gives up his , his opponent shows for a well-timed bluff.

Sorrel Mizzi just doubled up through William Thorson, with vs on a three diamonds Two Clubs.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 05:13:41 PM »

Slightly odd exit of a player my list says is/was Lex Veldhuis.  In any case, he was sitting in seat 8/9 Table 3, and had called Theo Jorgensen's raise to 700 preflop, along with under the gun limper Blair Smith.  See, this hand is already a bit weird. 
Flop:    Now double check to Veldhuis (probably) who bet out 2,400.  Smith seemed to have instantly lost all interest in the hand and passed, but Jorgensen then promptly moved in on him.  His stack was covered (around 7 or 8k more to go), but he called all-in faster than one would normally expect, saying, "I hope you don't have Queens," and showing .
Jorgensen showed: 

Turn:
River:

So down one more player, and one more doubled stack.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 05:25:57 PM by Djinn » Logged

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 05:24:13 PM »

Mehdi Ouakhir, a pretty big early stack with 24,600 has been tangling with neighbour Mel Judah.  The most recent round went to an unusually talkative Mel, who seemed to have put the third raise in from the small blind, after Ouakhir made it 1,700 on the button.  They both had pretty decent stacks remaining, so it was a reasonable dwell and then a pass face up of from the button (there was a third guy involved but he got out of the way sharpish).
Mel Judah showed .  "I told you I'd show you - can't say more than that.  I was hoping you'd push..."  but he's going to have to wait to get the wily button's stack a while.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 05:42:58 PM »

Double trouble for the Betsson duo Johnny Lodden and William Thorson. The former just lost a huge pot on a three clubs to whilst Thorson called off all but 250 of his chips only to be shown on a three diamonds board. He then managed to get his last chips in good with vs and even, gasp, smiled for the first time since 2003, but a Two Clubs board later and he was gone.

Andy Black is smarting having bet a the whole way only to be raised on the river and then was shown for a backdoor flush.

--------------------------------1 hour dinner break----------------------------------------

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 05:46:58 PM »

As we launch gracefully into the dinner break, one hand kind of dragged through the last five minutes, in an intense sort of way...

It looks like Claus Uhrskov (the guy in black with glasses next to the green'n'yellow guy) had made it 1,600 to go preflop after some early interest from said green'n'yellow guy whom I think is Reza Dolatshahi, only to find Patrice Boudet, the guy in the white shirt/leather waistcoat combo in the foreground re-raising to 6,800.  This re-raise represented about half his stack.  Dwelllll from Dolatshahi.  Pass.  Dwelllllllllll from Uhrskov.  Pass.

Boudet shows , and wonders out loud which one of them passed Queens.  But no one cares any more because food has arrived!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »

Blind Vs Blind (small blind; the stripey Barton Fink-alike I am going to identify as Dawoud Ghena unless anyone says otherwise)...
There was a raise preflop, I think from Ghena, called by Robert Nowak (pictured bottom).
Flop:  two spades   Ghena bet out 1,125 (leaving himself around 3k behind) and was almost instantly raised all in.
"I have a pair," he muttered, "Flush draw?" he requested - all the while performing that chip trick which isn't really a trick it's where you just turn over the bottom chip really really fast holding the whole short stack in your hand.  You'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it/done it.  Just when I was starting to get dizzy watching this, he passed, and went straight back to reading his book.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:12 PM »

There's a load of chips in the middle, mostly Hecan El Sayed's. Filip Moreira passes and it's left to Guillame Darcourt who asks how much it is, and gets told it's 19,000 or so. He thinks for a moment before suddenly busting out, "Call, call!" Hecan triumphantly shows his and then the Frenchman shows his in a sort of bizarre slowrolly sort of way, (although I don't think he intended that).

Board:

Two Clubs ....the table takes a collective breath in unison......"Yes!!!" shouts Hecan....

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 07:20:41 PM »

Erik Van Der Berg doubles his microstack (1.2k) with the uberdomination holding K-K vs K-7. Elsewhere Claus Ulkhov is OUT due to gettikng all-in on an 8-high flop with Tens and then finding Michael Schulze had Jacks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 07:25:15 PM »

Recent eliminations:

William Thorson
Angelo Besnainou
Rolf Slotboom
Thor Hansen

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 07:56:14 PM »

Pascal Perrault is OUT.

Mads Andersen calls a button raise from the big blind, the flop comes out T-9-2, Mads bets 1,050. The button thinks, "I know what you're doing," and raises to 3,000. Mads thinks for a bit, perhaps in his head saying, "I know you think you know what I'm doing, but what you think you know is actually wrong, and what you should be thinking, is that I was actually doing was very strong. Please fold." Mads makes it 9,050. The button folds.

Raul Mestre is doing very well indeed, he's just busted Kings with Fives all-in on a 7-5-3 flop.

Andy Black's shoutiness is catching, Mike Leah is now yelling a little on his table too, but only because he just had from the cutoff against the short-stacked big blind's

The mere rumour of a flush draw failing to hit on a three diamonds board

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 08:00:23 PM »

All-in-tastic Half Hour just gone here,

Starting with Soren Jensen, who was involved in a threeway all-in on a flop of two hearts.  I think it's Max Tobias Persson, the winner of the double takedown, but everyone's so jumbled around now it's hard to trust in our original seating plans.  Let's just say it is.
Persson:    for two pair
Jensen:    for the nut flush draw plus a possibly-irrelevant gutshot
Out-and-previously-shortMatey:   for a pair of Kings with a 9 kicker

Turn:
River:

The winner rakes in a pot that just doesn't look as big as one might expect with two players' whole stacks in, but looks happy about it.  Soren is strangely subdued and polite, saying, "Thank you for playing," as if he's excusing the rest of the tournament from continuing to do so, and adding, "Nice.  Good luck!"  Odd man.  Magnanimous in defeat, frankly worrying in victory.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 08:12:16 PM »

Sorel Mizzi is OUT - I saw him doubling up a player's with two cards that had already been turned shamefully face down (I unfairly elaborate, it could have been or or something non-shameful after the flop) but in any case it left him with under 3,000, which promptly disappeared by the time I returned to his table.

Andreas Hagen gets involved then with the guy who just doubled off Mizzi to 25k - he of the Snoopyesque blond highlights and fearsome table presence re-raising the newly doubled up guy whose photo I re-post for clarity from the big blind.  The button clearly felt that this was an unacceptable cookie-jar/finger combination, because he re-popped it another 10k.  He looked pained when Hagen then calmly moved in - but since it was about 2k more to call, he made it.
Button:
Hagen:

Flop: three diamonds
Turn:
River:

But that's one small pair too late and he's right back down feltwards.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »

A few other counts midway through the evening, but two thirds of the way through the day's play...

Mads Andersen -- 29,000
Thomas Wahlroos -- 7,000
Arnaud Mattern -- 9,600
Andreas Hagen -- 32,000
Soren Kongsgaard -- 10,600
Liz Lieu -- 10,300
Andy Black -- 24,800
Stephen Chidwick -- 24,500

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2008, 08:33:31 PM »

During my forays into the tournament area I bump into Johnny Lodden,

"Hey Johnny, how's it going."

"I have 9,975," he says slowly, with the air of a man trying to hide frustration.

I decide I can cheer him up by putting a positive spin on this.

"Well, if you're only losing your chips this slowly then you'll probably end up winning the tournament..."

He almost smiles, but only almost.

I admit defeat, and wish him the best of luck and carry on down to the second part of the tournament area just in time to see Thomas Wahlroos re-raise a Liz Lieu-sized American kid's (hereafter known as LLSAK) early position raise from 1k to 3k. The kid, (seen in the photo sitting next to Arnaud Mattern), checks Wahlroos stack (which is about 10k) before moving in. Wahlroos insta-calls as he would with Aces, way ahead of the Jacks that LLSAK has. An unhelpful board and 'The Eggman' has over 20k, LLSAK has about 2.5k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 08:40:29 PM »

Something for everyone:

Trond for Dana, the Polish rapper's collagen-enhanced girls for the curious and Liz Lieu for everyone.

Speak of Liz Lieu, she just called a 1,050 bet on the turn of a against behoodied Stephan Kjerstad. Lieu fired out 2,000 on the river after the Betsson player had checked.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: