blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:23:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272583 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: Day 1B - At A Glance  (Read 11768 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 08:52:12 PM »

Exit!  It's Arnaud... having short stack grinded (ground?) all day, from the heady heights of 13k to around 8k more recently, a rather pleasing opportunity arose with on the big blind... a big stack raised to 750 (not, therefore, a straight push situation, perhaps) so he said, "I raised 2,000 hoping he would push, ideally with an underpair like Jacks or Tens.  He pushed with .  Hit only two Aces."

His expression says it all:

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2008, 09:03:31 PM »

Mark Teltscher (pictured) has never really progressed far stackwise, but the intense Londoner hasn't exactly sat back either - he's been involved in quite a few hands, recently check-calling two bets on the turn and river as the board emerged two hearts with three clubs (his opponent showed and mucked ).  Then he moved on to Theo Jorgensen who raised preflop to 1,025.  Teltscher on the button made it 3,400.  After a decently-sized think, Jorgensen called.  He passed to Teltscher's 3,300 bet on the flop, though.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »

Sssssso Sssssick News Now

Andy Black and Thomas Wahlroos get into a raising war.  You know, raise, re-raise, re-re-raise, all in.... At this point, it was Andy Black who was wincing a bit, saying, "I have to call now," with .  Wahlroos showed   (suits made up so I can use the little cards).

A 60/40 is a 60/40, although I am sure there were some raised eyebrows on the rail about this one - the flop came Ten-high with two following blanks so the astonished Finn is left talking about how sick it is.

Taxi for Thomas!

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2008, 09:14:26 PM »

Henri Boutboul just busted, losing a race for his 4,125 stack after Matey raised to 900 with in early position and threw in the rest calling his .
Board: .... (there's not really any delay on the flop, just trying to create tension)  ....  Looks great for AK but isn't.  Down to 99 players.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:17:37 PM by Djinn » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »

Although Arnaud is out, one of his teammates from Winamax, Alexa Portal, is still in. Though she's pretty short, she's just about hovering above the 5k mark.

He may be a newly sponsored pro, but that hasn't stopped Soren Kongsgaard from trying to steal all the bottled water in the room. Not that it'll help him, because he's now OUT. (Though at least he's properly hydrated).

Johnny Lodden Smile Update!!!

A collapse into giggles for the Norse Pro after the guy to his left open shoved from the cutoff for 25k, blinds 200/400/50, and then showed Jacks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2008, 10:11:26 PM »

The chip leader a minute ago isn't so anymore (although I hasten to add that I think he looks like a nice enough gent - nothing shifty about his eyes imo) - I caught a glimpse of a mini-mountain of blue 1k chips in the middle of the table and immediately started hovering (unobtrusively of course) to see what was going on. 
The board was out: and there was over 20,000 in the middle.  Mr. Orange had bet out 10k on the river and Used-to-be-leader was thinking about calling.  And thinking.  And thinking.  And time got called, at which point he made the call only to muck when Mr. Orange showed him .  The big stack is at least staying on the same table...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2008, 10:16:19 PM »

Mr Orange = Keith Donais

Used to be leader = Dennis Petronack

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2008, 10:18:32 PM »

Andre Santos has been knocked out by the awesomely named Michael Hogbom, Ace King vs Kings, but no Ace from space for Andre.

Stephen Chidwick was knocked out earlier by Dennis Petronack, vs all-in on a flop, but Stephen failed to hit.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »

Some chip counts:

Mads Andersen -- 37k (pictured)
Andreas Hagen -- 30k
Mel Judah -- 18k
Mark Teltscher -- 14k
Soren Kongsgaard -- OUT

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 10:45:11 PM »

You know when it's just your day?  Like remember waaaay back near the beginning of the day when the gent in the brown suit identified by my list as Marcin Horecki busted Aces all in on the Ten-high flop with J-T?   Well, it's HIS day.

Sebastian Ruthenberg raises pre to 1,800.  Mads Andersen on the cutoff makes it 6k to go.  Over to button Horecki who announces "all in."  It's about 15k or so.  Instapass from the first raiser, instacall from the second.
Andersen: 
Horecki: 

Flop: 
Turn:
River: 

And he goes from out of his seat and sidling towards the rope to back in it, likely to make Day Two simply because there's only 13 minutes left on the clock...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 11:08:05 PM »

Comedy valuebet of the day.

The young American guy here, bets about 6,000 on the river of a Two Clubs two hearts , the big blind goes in the tank and eventually makes the call. Young American Kid, hereafter known as YAK, looks nervous and his face falls as he flips , the big blind grimaces and shows ...

Stack for the YAK. (Here pointing out the favourite part of his eyebrow)

Andy Black's How to Make Friends and Influence People:

To Italian Press, "Soooooo, you've been doing good in the football this week?"

Liz Lieu gets a much needed double-up with Aces against J-8 at the end of play.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 11:10:39 PM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 11:20:29 PM »

Chris, btw, you are now getting rid of our sole interactor.  I don't know how I feel about that.  OK actually.

Oh, sick burn.

My work here is done.  Back tomorrow 2pm (1pm UK time) for the day Two carnage resumption of play.

Adequate job I guess.

* I kid, I kid - awesome as usual!!

Don't you have n00bs on the PHA board to castigate? Cheesy

Cry Much Loved am I.

Off I go. 

All is forgiven!

We'll see you all tomorrow with our remaining players from 2pm (1pm UK).

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: