blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:31:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Accomodation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Accomodation  (Read 13719 times)
KingPoker
Complete and utter luckbox

CHAMPION OF EUROPE!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:57:02 PM »

For what it's worth the Mrs and I stayed in the Jury's Inn the past week and I personally would find something else.

what was wrong with it?

Boldie was there.

ouch, that was bad luck!

CYMRU AM BYTH!    Join my fan club on facebook thumbs up 
Voted Best Arse of Blonde bash 6!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »

For what it's worth the Mrs and I stayed in the Jury's Inn the past week and I personally would find something else.

what was wrong with it?

Boldie was there.

Well that was the wife's complaint anyways Sad

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 08:16:16 AM »

What I didn't like about the Jury's was that it was VERY noisy..loads of doors slamming during the day (as the cleaners need to do their job and the doors only close if you slam them but it's still no good if you've played poker all night ad need to catch a few hours sleep) and over the weekend it was full of drunks  on hen nights and stag do's......not good in my book.
I also don't like not having a newschannel to watch while I'm staying in a hotel (they only had council telly) and  a BIG nono was charging for BB access...that's just wrong. 5£ an hour or a tenner a day.

I also prefer a duvet over a bed with blankets but that's mainly because I'm a fanny.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 02:20:15 PM »

over the weekend it was full of drunks 

well you certainly won't find any behaviour like that on a blonde bash weekend........Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 02:26:51 PM »

over the weekend it was full of drunks 

well you certainly won't find any behaviour like that on a blonde bash weekend........Smiley

indeed ...

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »

Serfically clober occifer... police

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »

Right, yet again i need help!!

I've booked my train tickets from weston - nottingham £20 rtn - BARGIN!!

Just need to sort the accommodation and clues??  found a deal at the hilton £55 for a dbl inc 1st nights dinner & breakfast, the holiday inn is £69 BB (DTD rate)  but because I'm not taking my car, how far i'm going to have to walk from the train station and to DTD???  which would be the best option?

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 10:41:00 AM »

Right, yet again i need help!!

I've booked my train tickets from weston - nottingham £20 rtn - BARGIN!!

Just need to sort the accommodation and clues??  found a deal at the hilton £55 for a dbl inc 1st nights dinner & breakfast, the holiday inn is £69 BB (DTD rate)  but because I'm not taking my car, how far i'm going to have to walk from the train station and to DTDHuh?  which would be the best option?

it's too far to walk to DTD, but I don't think there are any hotels really within walking distance.  sounds like a good deal, but will you be at the hotel for dinner?  If you stay there I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to share a cab with Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Joobie538

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »

ok,
I've made my mind up!! i'm arriving friday during the day, and may have time for dinner,  so i've booked the hilton, the rate of £55 is only available online and is non refundable!  incase anyone wants to know!

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 05:56:48 PM »

the jurys inn is 200 yards from the station and taxis are £6-8 depending on time of day

i will more than likely be staying in jurys

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 04:53:59 PM »

booked in Holiday Inn now, but WTF does this mean on my confirmation email?

Rate Type:       Advance Purchase
Rate Description:    Special Savings! Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed.
Deposit Required:     A deposit for the entire stay is due at time of booking.
Tax:     17.5% per stay included in rate effective 9 May, 2008 thru 12 May, 2008
Daily Parking Fee:    Complimentary Parking
Rate Rules:    ADVANCE PURCHASE REQUIRED
MUST PURCHASE AT LEAST 7 DAYS IN ADVANCE.

do I have to do anything or will they take full payment from my card at some point or have they already taken it? I'm confused

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 08:10:53 PM »

Rate Description:    Special Savings! Reservations require full prepayment for the entire stay at time of booking. Fully non refundable. Prepayment is charged to credit card between time of booking and day of arrival and is non refundable. No refunds if cancelled or changed.
Tax:     17.5% per stay included in rate effective 9 May, 2008 thru 12 May, 2008

do I have to do anything or will they take full payment from my card at some point or have they already taken it? I'm confused

Same as mine.  You've paid and the fee is non-refundable.  Their usual rooms/rates aren't done that way, and you can cancel up to a certain time on the day of the stay and get your money back.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 08:13:51 PM »

we'r booked into the hol inn.

wiiiiii
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »

Same as mine.  You've paid and the fee is non-refundable.  Their usual rooms/rates aren't done that way, and you can cancel up to a certain time on the day of the stay and get your money back.

cool, as long as I don't have to do anything I'm happy.

we'r booked into the hol inn.

wiiiiii

make sure you keep the noise down

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 08:47:20 PM »

Holiday Inn booked from Friday to Monday.  Nottingham, here we come!!!!!!!!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: