blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: FINAL TABLE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Warsaw: FINAL TABLE  (Read 25196 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 01:51:32 PM »

Christian Öman moves all-in from the cut-off for about 90,000. It's passed around to Juan Maceiras in the big blind who starts to think and counts out his stack behind me. The surprisingly tall Danny Ryan, standing behind me, says, "Ace Ten? Pair of Sixes? If he has Ace Queen/Ace Jack he calls more quickly."

Juan makes the call.

Christian:

Juan:

Board: two spades two hearts

Next hand, Christian raises again, Mehdi calls from the cut-off but folds to a 30k bet on the board. Christian now up to 250k after two nice pots.

Michael Schulze takes the blinds with a button raise.

Ricardo Sousa raises to 26k from the small blind, but the newly stacked up Mathias makes it 68k and the Portuguese player folds.

Michael Schulze takes Trond's BB. Trond looks more glum.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »

I demand retribution for Trond's big blind! Can you sneak in and knock over some stacks?
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »

I demand retribution for Trond's big blind! Can you sneak in and knock over some stacks?

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:25 PM »

Have to go to the studio now to record some country music, most exciting way to spend an afternoon, but GOOD LUCK TROND!!! and wishing you updaters as speedy a day as yesterday. Can't you just taste the beer already...
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »

Michael Schulze raises under the gun to 28k.  Christian Öman calls in the cutoff, but then button Mehdi Ouakhir moves all in over the top.  It looks like he's down to just under 150k, but even so that's enough to elicit an immediate pass from Michael.  Back to Christian, who seems to have a bit more of a decision.
"You have Jacks?"  No reply, so he works his way down, "Tens?  Nines?  No pair?"  Pictured:  Trond watching this exchange, then Christian and Mehdi watching each other.

Christian suddenly calls the clock on himself, and Lee Jones counts down all the way until his hand is declared dead.  One back for the Frenchman, whom Jones announced as being from Morocco...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »

Have to go to the studio now to record some country music, most exciting way to spend an afternoon, but GOOD LUCK TROND!!! and wishing you updaters as speedy a day as yesterday. Can't you just taste the beer already...

Enjoy making sweet twangy banjo music, you redneck you.

Bad spot for Trond just now - meaning he's now dropped into Short territory:

Mr. Eidsvig raised under the gun to 24k, having really not played a hand so far in uncharacteristic-for-Norway style.  He gets a call from Michael Schulze (who seems to like doing this) on the button.
Flop:   Trond bets out 39k, and gets a call.
Turn:    check-check
River:   check-check 

Oops, Trond announces "Ace-high" with a shake of his extreme-styled hair, and Schulze shows for the rivered pair and the up'n'down on the flop.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 02:19:01 PM »

Er, might be a little late with this bio (courtesy of Pokerstars) but really ought to give Daniel Woolson more coverage as he seemed to play well through these four days (albeit only 10 mins on the last day) so here we go:

Seat 5: Dan Woolson, 22, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA – PokerStars qualifier - 164,000 chips
Dan has had a roller-coaster tournament so far. On Day 1, he quickly amassed 30k, but then bluffed off nearly all his stack and ended the day on 18k. At that point, he was pretty dejected and expecting to bust. But Day 2 he doubled up early with Aces, and then later beat Kenneth Hicks Jr’s AA with 99. Soon after he busted Tyler Netter, again with 99 v AA and ended the Day in 6th place with 188k. In the quick-fire Day 3, he was doubled up Trond Eidsvig but then got some back from Trond with AQ 77. Dan turned pro after graduating from UMAS university a year ago. This is his biggest result so far but he won a PokerStars nightly $100k tourney for $30k last summer. This is his second EPT and he plans to play at the Monte Carlo Grand Final; he busted out of the PCA on Day 1.

jpean

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 02:23:21 PM »

Christian suddenly calls the clock on himself, and Lee Jones counts down all the way until his hand is declared dead.  One back for the Frenchman, whom Jones announced as being from Morocco...

from the PokerStars website :

Seat 1 -- Trond Erik Eidsvig – Norway – 220,000
Seat 2 -- Christian Öman – Sweden – 110,000
Seat 3 -- Mehdi Ouakhir – France – PokerStars qualifier – 360,000
Seat 4 -- Niclas Svensson – Sweden – 174,000
Seat 5 -- Daniel Woolson – USA – PokerStars qualifier – 164,000
Seat 6 -- Juan Maceiras – Spain – PokerStars qualifier – 437,000
Seat 7 -- Michael Schulze – Germany – 1,162,000
Seat 8 -- Ricardo Sousa – Portugal – 756,000
Seat 9 -- Mathias Viberg – Sweden – 229,000

but he may have the both Nationalities, I don't know...

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 02:29:10 PM »

Niclas Svensson has been pushbotting his way up, back over 100k after receiving no callers.

Schulze raises to 25k, Mehdi calls from the button, Juan calls from the big blind.

Schulze and Juan check, Mehdi moves in, the German and the Spaniard fold.

Ricardo raises to 26k UTG, Michael Schulze calls in the big blind.

Check check.

Michael checks, so Ricardo is bound to bet now, he does, and it's 32k. Michael calls.

Two Diamonds

Check, check.

Ricardo shows for a lairy UTG raise.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 02:36:58 PM »

Christian raises to 28k from UTG, Juan makes it an even 100k. Passed back to Christian who moves all-in for 112k on top of Juan's raise.

Juan tanks it, and I'm sure he has A-Q and will make a crying calls, but, surprisingly getting 3-1, Juan passes.

Here's what Arnaud thought of that pass.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2008, 02:40:34 PM »

Bad news, Trond fans - he's just busted, in quite cruel circumstances...

Juan Maceiras raises to 26k.  Trond Eidsvig moves it all in from the small blind - it's just 59k to call.  So Juan calls. 
Trond shows: 
Juan shows:

Flop:  two spades
Turn:  Two Clubs   Someone who supports Juan, or possibly he himself, but I don't want to suggest that, goes, "Five!"  "No, you need a Deuce," corrects Christian.
Or a rivered ... which is exactly what came out.

That meant that a slightly stunned-looking Trond Erik Eidsvig finished 8th, winning 201,040zloty  / €56,913.  Don't feel too sorry for him - this was his third EPT final table, and he's clearly capable of making more.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2008, 02:46:09 PM »

So, with seven players remaining, it went a little quiet for about 15 minutes, with the various preflop raisers taking down the blinds and antes - Ricardo Sousa even got a walk.  The only break in this was a raise by Ricardo followed by a small blind re-raise from Christian Öman to 75k.  This prompted a request to see how much Christian was playing behind - 250k - and a pass from the original raiser.  Apparently Christian has been relatively short stacked all through this tournament, and had some dangerous table draws (including to the right of Andy Black) and might be a good dark horse for the final. 

Here's what the Pokerstars bio says about him:

Seat 2: Christian Öman, 27, Sweden- 110,000 chips
Christian lives in Stockholm where he is a well-known poker club regular. The 27-year-old has played poker full-time for a few years now after taking up the game five years ago. His biggest live win so far has been €6,000 in a local club’s monthly final. This is Christian’s third EPT and so far he has never survived Day 1. He said: “I’m really looking forward to winning today (!) as my shopping trip to Milan has taken a big part of my bankroll.” Before any tournament starts, Christian practices yoga. He considers himself a good “folder” - and we don't disagree after seeing him survive as a short-stack for so many hours in Warsaw.

jpean

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 02:56:45 PM »

Has Medhi moved last minutes ?

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 03:03:45 PM »

Mattias (who looks very Swedish, perhaps 10% more so than average) button-raises and Mehdi calls.

Mehdi bets 35k, and Mattias makes it a chunky looking 200k. Mehdi folds Q-3 face up.

Michael Schulze raises from UTG and Nicolas Svensson dwells for ages from the big blind with some sort of A-8/A-9 or small pair type hand before folding.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »

Thank you for the updates this week guys, top quality as per usual.

I will say hi to jpean and good luck to your man

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: