blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 02:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273092 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  You guys were so helpful last time...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You guys were so helpful last time...  (Read 2169 times)
Muso-Tim

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2008, 06:49:33 AM »

So here's this week's little poser:

In the middle of a tournament.  Blinds are 100/200.  My stack has taken a recent hit but I am ok at about 5000 chips.  I am in the big blind with  .  Second player limps in, all others fold.  The flop comes down  .  I bet 200, he raises to 400, I reraise to 1000, he goes all in with a stack that would put me all in too.

Call or fold?
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »

So here's this week's little poser:

In the middle of a tournament.  Blinds are 100/200.  My stack has taken a recent hit but I am ok at about 5000 chips.  I am in the big blind with  .  Second player limps in, all others fold.  The flop comes down  .  I bet 200, he raises to 400, I reraise to 1000, he goes all in with a stack that would put me all in too.

Call or fold?

the only way u can ever fold here is with a super read on ur oppo.  seeing as uv provided no info on him il take it u dont have any,

so snap call.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 09:19:56 AM »

Really depends on the opponent and if he's good enough to realise that the bb might have hit that flop in a big way. If he is then it's dangerous and you need to be cautious because he's not scared of trips or 2 pair.

If he's a serial limper you could be behind to a better kicker. Otherwise there's only 77 / 47 that beats you but with that he's gonna let you catch up a bit, not shove, so it's unlikely that you're behind.

Your bet after the flop doesn't really say much about what you've got neither does his raise with his hand. The reraise is a little bit more nervy but he may still have seen it as a steal attempt.

I think he's just jammed his chips in thinking that you've got nothing and not wanting you to catch up. He's probably on an over pair, 9's or 10's would be my guess. If it's not that he's hit the 7 or he's got the up and down straight draw.

Whatever he's got you're way ahead.

Call........................

................And expect him to hit

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 10:14:07 AM »

Very easy call for every player, I think...not even worried about him having pocket 7's or anything of the sort..if he does, good for him.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 10:15:35 AM »

A4, K4, 77 are all your losing too, and why would he play any of these 3 hands so fast?   He has an over-pair, take his money...

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
Muso-Tim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »

I suppose it's always an obvious bad beat story!  He turned over  and I began to curse!  I did not have a great read on him but he was a serial limper and I was annoyed at myself for not reading that hand.  His (realistic) limping would have included many hands that beat me but it's hard to throw away trips!  What would he have limped with?  7-7, A-7, K-7, A-4, K-4, 5-4, 8-7, 7-6 or 8-8, 9-9. T-T.  Difficult in the seconds to decide which of those he's on!

What bets earlier would have given me more information?  Should I have gone all in first, or put in a bigger first bet, or even checked?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2008, 10:19:55 AM »

I suppose it's always an obvious bad beat story!  He turned over  and I began to curse!  I did not have a great read on him but he was a serial limper and I was annoyed at myself for not reading that hand.  His (realistic) limping would have included many hands that beat me but it's hard to throw away trips!  What would he have limped with?  7-7, A-7, K-7, A-4, K-4, 5-4, 8-7, 7-6 or 8-8, 9-9. T-T.  Difficult in the seconds to decide which of those he's on!

What bets earlier would have given me more information?  Should I have gone all in first, or put in a bigger first bet, or even checked?

Really, if you do not put your chips in the middle here you should really stop playing poker. don't beat yourself up over this. (sh)it happens..and it will happen a  lot more.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »

He's putting all his chips in too, regardless on how much you bet, you need to get them all in also, tis just unlucky.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2008, 12:16:28 PM »

call without a doubt, if u get a cold deck, so be it, it happens.
Re him limping a lot, exactly what he's looking for, catch a monster that can get him a double
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 04:28:47 PM »

Fold Pre.

No need to get involved with hands like these at this stage of the tourn.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 04:33:54 PM »

Fold Pre.

The guy is BB and checked.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 04:36:37 PM »

Fold Pre.

lolowned imo.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »

Fold Pre.

lolowned imo.

LOL boldie how did u fall for tht!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 04:46:36 PM »

Fold Pre.

lolowned imo.

sigh..damn you pesky kids!

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 09:04:13 PM »

Fold Pre.

lolowned imo.

sigh..damn you pesky kids!

As for the hand you gotta call u can't second guess your hand too much like that or u would only ever be playing the nuts.Just a cold deck
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: