blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:25:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Paddypower.com Irish Open : Day 1b - At a glance
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paddypower.com Irish Open : Day 1b - At a glance  (Read 15616 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »

Frank Caierro -- 8k

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 05:15:51 PM »

The gent with the interesting facial hair and floral shirt/leather jacket combo, one Jan Helander, bets out on a flop; David Smith raises. Helander dwells for a bit, and calls.

The turn is the two hearts and Helander checks. Smith announces all in, and Helander promptly folds.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 05:21:14 PM »

There are a few limpers preflop, and the flop comes down .

It checks around to one Glen McCabe, who bets 725. Tony Phillips calls from the button, but Martin Vallo makes it 2675. McCabe quickly passes, and so too does cheeky chappy Phillips, who shows , saying, "I take it this is no good."

By the way I'd like to make it clear that Mr Phillips is NOT wearing make up, as he appears to be in Junglecat's photo; this is merely an occasional side effect of the red-eye removal function. Repeat, Tony Phillips is NOT wearing any fetching blue eyeshadow.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 05:44:11 PM »

What about Norway's Andreas Hoivold??? Nice updates btw:-)

Andreas Hoivold just went out, he opened for 450 with Sevens and found a caller from Seat 5. Andreas then announced he was all-in in the dark for his remaining 2k or so, before the flop was dealt. The flop came out Q-T-x with two clubs and seat 5 called with and hit his club. And that was that.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 05:49:38 PM »

Double bits of bad news for the Frenchies.

First Ludovic Lacay is steaming, he bet 5k on the board and was called, the river was the and it went check/check. His opponent turned over a surprisingly non-river betted for the 17k, leaving the Frenchman is pure exasperation.

Next, Arnaud Mattern contemplates a 2.1k bet from Seat 9 on his table on a 9-7-5-T-J board, eventually he makes the call. His opponent shows the and then a little dwell before turning over the for a slightly unnecessary slowroll.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 06:03:04 PM »

Mr Jonathan Paul again, this time on 11k.

HOW MANY RUNNERS IN THE LADY'S EVENT,ANY POSSIBLITY OF A ENTERANCE LIST?

THANKS
Good Idea ! Who is playing the Lady's event ?

There are 146 runners. No chance of a player list, I'm afraid, but I can tell you that not among them is Ms Jennifer Mason, who happily accepted my €3 for 1% of her yesterday, and has now decided to take the money and run. I want my €3 back! And £100 for the emotional hurt.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2008, 06:05:42 PM »

Ludovic Lacay is talking very quickly and very loudly to some people in the press corner. All I can make out is "French French French donk French French check French French French call French call French French tapis!!! French French donk French donk."
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »

Mr Nicky Power, who insists that blondepoker.com ceases to slander him by unfairly suggesting that he physically resembles a certain evil baby from a particular satirical animated television programme, has 10.3k. Watch out Snoops, he's clearly plotting your downfall...

Click to see full-size image.

Sharing his table is Mr Julian Thew, himself on a similar 10-point-something-k. I think I may have a lead on the theft of Mr Stuart Rutter's scarf.

Click to see full-size image.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 06:15:01 PM »

I spied with my eagle eyes

the end of a hand while I was staking out Table Stewie/Thewy. The board was a complete two spades and Roberto Merida bet 350. Julian passed, but David Craig made it 1650. Merida passed...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

Mr Stuart "Scarfless" Rutter is down to 7k and most upset about it. "Every time," he says, an edge of hysteria clearly audible in his voice, "Pocket Queens against Pocket Tens. There was 11k in that pot." I point out to him that he has indeed been bad-beaten, but that 7k is still perfectly manageable. "Yeah, but it should have been 17k." Poor old Mr Rutter.

Also doing not massively well is Rumit - he's down to 5k through "a series of small, badly played pots." You have to admire his honesty.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 06:25:20 PM »

Jeff Kimber is OUT. Ace King into Aces.

Arnaud Mattern is OUT, He had top pair against middle-set (complete with another slowroll!) and then Ace King vs Nines.

Mark Teltscher is OUT, vs on a board, all-in on the flop...

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 06:27:37 PM »

London GUKPT finalist Mr Fran Egan, on 14k.

And surely among our chip leaders, Mr Mick McCloskey is on 33k or so, acquired largely through turning a nut flush against top two pair, and then flopping the Devil's Own Hand, a set of Sixes, and getting paid in full.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 06:32:35 PM »

A few chip counts for you

First off we have Liam "The Gentleman" Flood, suited and booted as is usual. His stack size is 11,800 at present and he seems content if not overjoyed at the present state of play...

Next up grizzled, seasoned, lightly toasted and covered in sesame seeds campaigner Mickey Wernick (ok the latter part of the description may be pushing poetic licence a little far) is on 13,500 at the moment.

Finally a hand - ooh and an elimination too!

Brice Cournot and Apuhan Derya became entangled on a 2 spade two spades flop and both committed their chips.

Brice showed As and Apuhan the nut-tastic .

The turn changed things somewhat however as the fell, cruelly turning the tide in Brice's favour, but more drama was to come as a further paired the board, re-asserting Apuphan's dominance, causing him to yell "YEESSSSSSSS!" in relief, fist-pump the air as is contractually obliged for all players who hit the river in this comp and send Brice spiralling out of the competition.

Here he is looking intense after this blockbusting hand that propels his stack over 18k...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 07:05:49 PM »

Marty Smyth -- 14k
Paul Leckey -- 5k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »

Would welcome an update on Steve Jelinek please. He was listed to start at Table 12 Seat 4 and should look something like this:

He spoke to us briefly about 30 minutes, said he had 15k but everyone on his table thinks he's an absolute nitty rock which left him giggling.

Priyan De Mel just doubled up his microstack with Aces vs Kings for to around 5k.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: