blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:29:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - At A Glance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - At A Glance  (Read 11840 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 02:20:25 AM »

The slightly blurry gentleman below is OUT to the rather more in focus, possibly as befits the guy who has won the hand, Maz Charalambous. Mr Blurry raises and Mr Charalambous announces all in - after some dwellage, Mr Blurry calls.

Mr Charalambous - 
Mr Blurry - 

Board - a decisive

Click to see full-size image.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »

An interesting hand from Table Chili -

Chili makes it 1200 utg, and quite possibly she has been doing this sort of thing a lot because the gentlemen in seats 6 and 9 both call her. Matt Tyler in the big blind, however, decides to go all in. One by one they all pass. Matt shows . As I wander off, he and Chili are debating it - I believe (only so much info you can get eavesdropping in a big loud room, that might be something I just made up) that Chili had pocket Sixes. Matt now up to a totally-more-than-he-started-with 12.5k.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:58 AM »

Andrew Woods has gone phallic on our asses with two ginormous towers of greens and yellows. His latest scalp was neighbour Paul Thompson who pushed in from the big blind with Fives only to find that Woodsey had found Jacks under the gun. A T-7-2-4-K board was no good, and Thompson was given his marching orders.

---------

Recently spotted pushing like a Salt N Pepper fanatic was blondeite Nirvana, known by his mother as Glen Henderson. Glen moved over the top of Ramazanali Abbassi's initial raise for a total of 6,675, meaning it was just 3,475 more for Ramazanali to see a showdown. Of course, he did indeed make the near obligatory call, only to find that his was in hot water against Glen's dominating . The three clubs Flop brought a potentially painful gutshot draw ("it's never easy," claimed Glen) only for the Turn and River to bring blanks and give Glen a much needed double through.

---------

Mick Jones has lost a big pot courtesy of Lucy Rokach and is now back down to his starting stack, maybe slighty less. I leapt over like a panther on a trampoline just in time to catch Mick call a chunky river bet on a board. Mick showed for the flush, but Lucy's three clubs lapped up the the pot. "I flopped the straight," sighed a disgruntled Mick.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 02:50:46 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2008, 02:57:34 AM »

Sam Trickett is definitely out. He still had his hat on, but was wearing it over by the cash games.

Matt Doyle has doubled up and is now on 34.5k, although his facial expression and body language is still exactly the same.

Richard Hawes is still plugging away, but struggling somewhat woth 17k.

Matt 'Roundhead' Tyler delighted me when he announced 34k, which is exactly what I had written on my pad. Yay, clever me!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2008, 03:15:46 AM »

Omg, a bizarre-o rollercoaster ride for Pete Linton.

First he storms over, fuming. "I just lost a 100k pot," fumes he. In between fumes, I discover that he had got himself involved with a raggy Ace of some sort and then misread the situation when he hit. His opponent was also holding a raggy Ace, but had made two pair. "I had a pair of Aces, that's all I knew," Pete continues to fume, fumingly. Down to 40k.

Then a few minutes later I see Pete betting out small on a board, and Andrew Woods raising HUGE - Pete is insta-all-in, although he then points out that possibly Woods' raise actually covered him. Anyway, Pete is all in. Says Woods, possibly unnecessarily, "I have to call." Says Pete, "You don't, I have quads." Anyway, Pete is still all in, and now Woods has decided that he definitely in some wise matching that bet.

Pete Linton - another classic Linton hand - for the full house

The turn is dealt and is the meaningless at which point Pete pipes up, "Hey, doesn't he have to show his hand?" "No, noooo I don't," says Woods, or something to that effect, and he quickly puts his cards in the muck and messes all the cards around so no-one can recover them. Pete demands a warning for Woods, which I think he gets, although I am taking photos at this point so I'm not massively paying attention to what is going on. I believe Woods had Aces. That's what he's saying as I leave.

Some minutes later Pete bounds over, suddenly full of youthful joie de vivre. "Look, I just knew that K-6 was ahead there. Please don't report it so I look like a donkey." Back up to a probably-chip-leader 80k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2008, 03:18:25 AM »

Amazingly still in, I give you Grinder Of The Day:

Mr Chris Bruce, still hanging in there with 7.5k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2008, 03:21:47 AM »

The young gentleman to Matt Tyler's right (anyone know who he is??) makes it 3k, and Matt makes it all his green and red chips, or Mostly All In. Our young Matey sighs and folds A-Q offsuit - at least he is rewarded with knowing he did the right thing when Matt shows .

Whether Young Matey's expression is due to having to fold his A-Q or whether someone farted is unclear.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2008, 03:26:41 AM »

------SHORT BREAK-----

Where have all our viewers gone? Come back!  Cry
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2008, 03:36:40 AM »

Sad news for all evilpie fans, our plucky hero is now no more after running Queens into Aces. Maz Charalambous was the man firing the bullets, all the chips flying in on a 3-4-9 Flop.

---------

Mazhar Latif has now joined the cash game. He was out-flipped by Robert Woodcock whose A-Q Flopped not just an Ace, but also a Queen to see off Latif's Jacks.

---------

Ouday Hikar is chip leader with 125k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2008, 03:54:45 AM »

According to the powers that be, this is going to be the final level of the day.

Yay updaters!  Still watching... how many do you reckon will return tomorrow?  Last time 3 or 4 tables.  I like Snoopy with a food head - suits him.

I like him that way too, I am looking into the possibility of arranging his ample locks to look like a roast chicken. Mmm.

I reckon it'll be 4 tables tomorrow - the atmosphere has turned a little sleepy in the cardroom, but people are nevertheless sleepily shoving their chips in all over the place and in that sense it's not slowing down any. 47 left currently, which may or may not include the couple of exits I just saw (one of them comprising Mateyboy A taking out Mateyboy B with the nut straight against something that was mucked - I do not feel obliged to report on that one any further).
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2008, 04:02:20 AM »

Even more chips for Pete Linton.

He bets 6.5k on a flop, and Simon Lawler moves in 16.6k total. Pete thinks about it for a bit, wondering out loud whether he is committed. He eventully calls. "i'm working on the proviso that I've got ten outs," says he. But barring interesting runner-runner possibilities, he has just six (I think; too late in the evening for brain to be working at full capacity).

Simon Lawler -
Pete Linton -

Turn - ("an Ace!" says Pete, totally unnecessarily and inexplicably)
River -

"Nice one, Pete," sighs Simon, and heads for the door.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2008, 04:05:42 AM »

having been crippled with the QQ vs KK i'm down to 15k and looking to double up - we are only playing one more level and with no hotel booked and the weather conditions outside i decide to find a hand to gamble with.

Lucy Rokash has lost a couple of big pots and has started getting aggresive to recoup her losses. Two flat caller so I limp with also with blinds 1200/600. lucy makes it 8k to go - i reraise all in to just over 15k and am glad when she says call and turns over 

As the dealer deals the flop the first card out is  - great, with over 34k in pot this hand puts me back to an average stack, next card  Two Clubs but then 

Turn 

River 

Cry

good luck to all blondeites left

I was just about to report this sad demise and post the picture of the initial assassin, Garinder Purewall. 5th last month I believe, and looking good again this time around with 85k.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

Chris Bruce was awarded grinder of the day not too long ago, but I feel my colleague may have jumped the gun there, as Tasos Grigoriou is clearly the king of that throne. After struggling for most of the day, Tasos pushed all-in for just one big blind (worth 1,200) with Q-J and survived an obligatory encounter with Pete Linton's J-6 on a 9-7-K-K-9 board.

----------

Boktastic. Tasos is now out.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2008, 04:31:07 AM »

Last minute craziness for Tony Nicholls - he somehow finds himself up against the young all-in Mateyboy below, Tony holding and Matey holding .

Board - and Tony's down to the felt.

So last hand of the night he shoves with J-Q and is called by Richard Hawes holding the massively-dominatey A-J, but Tony rivers the straight, obviously. He's still short, but he'll be back with us tomorrow.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2008, 04:34:50 AM »

Perhaps it was the promise of a Sunday lunch at 1pm, but few people seemed to be searching for that last minute "I wanna come back with something decent" all or nothing push, most people seemingly content to return tomorrow. During the last several hands, I spotted Lam Trinh surviving a shortstack all-in push from the small blind after Nigel Turver had limped on the button. I also overheard a slight mumble over on the near table, a hand being replayed after the dealer accidentally swiped up some cards. Initial raiser Ramazanali Abbassi didn't seem to chuffed as he revealed Queens, but it may have been a blessing in disguise.

On the very last hand of the night, there was three way action on one of the far tables with a Two Diamonds board provoking a 4.5k bet from Chin Koh, a smooth call from Kevin Lund and a re-raise to 10k from Mateyboy. Koh stepped out of the way, but after squirming in his seat momentarily, Kevin announced that he was giving his opponent chips for nothing before calling with . Mateyboy showed . "I should have just folded," Kevin later confessed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: