blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:02:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - At A Glance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monthly £300 Freezeout Day 1 - At A Glance  (Read 11842 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 05, 2008, 12:55:33 AM »

Hi-de-hi all, and welcome to the DTD Monthly £300-er! I must confess that I am currently curled up on my sofa with the TV on, but come 8pm tomorrow Snoops and I will be up in Nottingham, hopefully full of some kind of delicious DTD dinner and all ready to bring you a veritable cornucopia of updating treats.

Feel free in the meantime to bok yourself on the interactive thread if you're playing, or your friends if they're playing, and we'll keep our eagle eyes out come tomorrow night.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:19:50 AM by danafish » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »

Junglecat and Floppy say hello from San Remo!

Hello!  Or as Mclovin might say.

We are well and truly here, although currently it's really only me, Snoops, Tightend and some people who work here seeing as they don't actually open until 7. This is what that looks like:

Nevertheless we understand that within the hour the cavernous cardroom will be literally heaving with poker players of every variety. There are currently 65 players registered and we expect an absolute bunch (technical term) more to sign themselves up for the "3" in the "3-2-1" thingy before 8pm.

In the meantime, we have of course checked into our hotel for the night, and look which room they gave us! Here is Snoops modeling that awesome room number plaque, and simultaneously totally failing to look suave or, indeed, sophisticated:

See you at 8pm!
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 08:41:24 PM »

Ok, the lady at the desk said no player list for an hour, but as I trudged back to my laptop, a gent appeared waving the ludicrous piece of paper below appeared. It is amazingly a kind of player list - we're missing at least half a table, but it should give you a decent idea for the time being. Enjoy!

What our player list looks like:

Click to see full-size image.

What it means:

Table Unknown
Seat 1 - unknown
Seat 2 - unknown
Seat 3 - unknown
Seat 4 - unknown
Seat 5 - Aarun Somebody
Garinder Purewal
Gjung Hoang
Sam Savile-Barton

Table 33
Martin Reeve
Panos Panayi
Andrew Johnson
Kyriacos Dionysiou
John Cann
Lynne Beaumont
Nick Hicks
Gerald Mcinally

Table 23
Yucel Eminoglu
Mark Lewis
Andy Bacon
Barrie Sherbert
Rob Allen
Joe Stevenson
Trevor Turton
Pat Kelley

Table 45
Matt Tyler
Greg Reardon
Julian Thew
Des Jonas
Tony Bedford
Glad Trygve Holm
Gino Gabriel
Shaun King

Table 56
Binh Dong
Robert Woodcock
Xie Zhenru
Neil Henshaw
David Lerner
Nasser Patel
Michael Parikos

Table 38
Glenn Henderson
Mohammed Amar
Rupinder Bedi
Richard Hawes
Chris Bruce
Andrew Woods
Simon Eggleton
Sean Scott

Table 35
Nigel Hill
Alex Hamilton
Alan Vinson
Ginikachukwu Izuogu (my current Name Of The Day, closely followed by...)
Karl Bullock
Younes Sayad
Nick Whiten
Ramazanali Abbassi

Table 25
Shaun Cook
Ralph Shalson
Kevin Lund
Paul Thompson
Amit Chopra
Ben Callinan
Jayant Mistry
Andreas Olympios

Tabke 32
Oliver Stone
Dave Smith
Paul Lyons
Matt Russell
Chai Koh Chin
Robert Berridge
Petter Haere
Alex Williamson

Table 22
Alan Davies
Lucy Rokach
Sabeer Hamid
Trevor Reardon
Alan Garratt
Richard Berridge
Keith Johnson
Nigel Turver

Table 12
Ng Cao Te
Hongji Liu
Chintu Pattani
Dominic Kay
Cornelius Cronin (have now changed my mind; this is my new Name Of The Day)
John Burke
Andrew Wilson
Sam Trickett

Table 47
Simon Lawlor
John Sinons
Philip Hughes
Anthony White
Niclas Halvorsen
Peter Charalambous
Matthew Cox

Table 37
Lam Trinh
Abdul Rashid
Danielle Allen
tikay
Shane Bunyan
Michael Cook
Kevin Noble
Agy Costanti

Table 27
Billy Ngo
Gamal Mosleh
David Stratton
Dharminder Buttar
Hiren Kanabar
Mark Clare
Darren Hodson
George Kennedy

Table 34
Raj Dhiri
Imran Mckenzie
Mark Hayes
Daniel Platten
Anthony Nicholls
Andrew Tuxworth
Adam Vinson
Mick McCool

Table 14
Waheed Ashraf
Paul Smart
Mukesh Kanabar
Andrew Piper
Lawrence Gosney
Gareth Nelson
Maurice Nicholson
John Perrin

Table 31
Carl Walker
Michael Miller
Michael Jones
Erwan Goasdoue
Fan Cao
Harpit Gurnam
Marc Hodge
John Marles

Table 21
Mark Yaffe
Maria Demetriou
John Deeley
James Hoyes
Peter Davis
David Carter
David Barnett
Jim Reid

Table 11
Le Tuan
Daniel Rudd
Jim Moult
Terry Arnold
Alan Stearn
James McBride
Stephen Holden
Steven Mills

Table 46
Daniel Byrom
Juston Sheppard
Trevor Pearson
Matt Doyle
Alwyn Powell
Tasos Grigoriou
Paul Lammas

Table 36
Alex Hinchcliffe
Ali Mallu
Pete Linton
Steven Frew
Hamid Rowshanaei
Keith Littlewood
Chase Wilson
David Jones

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 08:59:02 PM »

Table 37 - otherwise known as Table "Easy BB for PocketLady to pick up"
Lam Trinh
Abdul Rashid
Danielle Allen
tikay
Shane Bunyan
Michael Cook
Kevin Noble
Agy Costanti

Um, I'm afraid that in a spectacular example of early bokkage, Ms Allen is OUT. Tikay called me over to the table while Danielle was mid-dwell - the flop was and the dwell so long that I had ample time to scurry over. She had, I believe, raised preflop and had been called by Mr Agy Costanti; he had bet the flop, she had raised and he shoved.

So after that mammoth dwell, she called.

Danielle Allen -
Agy Costanti -

Turn - the decisive
River - the probably unneccesary
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 09:01:04 PM »

Also OUT, though in circumstances unknown, is Mr Billy Ngo, formerly of Table 27.

------------

Good news for Barbara fans, Chili is now up to 21k after triumphing in a monster three way pot. My source was Simon Trumper, but Chili also echoed his report. I wasn't blessed with tales of betting action, but I do know that Chili had Q-9 versus the A-9 of David Barnett (pictured below) on a 9-9-x-Q-x board. Another player also dipped his toes into hot water with a flush draw, but to no avail, to leave a restrained and not yet excitable Chili to conclude, "I start comps well, it's just my end game that's rubbish."
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 09:15:44 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 09:20:55 PM »

Extremo-shortstack Mr Dharminder Buttar of Table 27 has doubled up in some wise holding Jacks against Mr Gamal Mosleh's Sevens. He is still short though.

Ms Fran Creed would like it to be known that her table features last month's winner Mr Nick Marshall and also last month's official second-placer ("that guy over there," according to Fran). She has yet to really make any moves.

Meanwhile Lucy Rokach has her aggression dial turned up to 11 already. Her 350 preflop raise is called by Trevor Reardon, but he backs off when she fires out another 725 on the three clubs Two Diamonds flop. Rokach - slightly over 10k. Reardon - slightly under 10k.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »

A big hand on Table Karabiner (the table numbering system here is entirely alien to me, so I shall largely be just making it up from here on in).

With a considerable bunch of chips in the middle and the board reading Two Diamonds Two Clubs, Paul Thompson bets out 1875, only for a gentleman I believe is Andreas Olympios to min-raise. Actually at first he tries to raise to 3k before the dealer corrects him. I also, I should add, at this point feel pretty bad for Paul Thompson - his right arm is in a sling and it took him such a long time to count out 1875 with his left hand, and then the other guy goes and raises him. Most inconsiderate. Anyway, Thompson passes pretty sharpish. "I was beating you until that last Two," says he. Ben Callinan is asking Mr Probably Olympios if he had quad Deuces. It turns out not - he had a Six for the full house, indeed miles ahead on the river of Mr Thompson's straight...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 10:00:45 PM »

Mr Neil Henshaw, currently on around 7.5k.

He's been moved to Inexplicably Numbered Table 11, on the bottom tier of this Grand Ole Opry Theatre-Style Arrangement of poker. He's sharing a table with Jim Moult, who's on around his 10k starting stack.

I should really add here that inexplicable though I find it, the staff know exactly what they're doing with the awesome computer system thingy they have set up - in fact the only reason I could find Mr Henshaw at all was because their computer system thingy is so awesome. Awesome work, whoever thunk that up.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 10:03:17 PM »

Any news on Evil Pie?

Yes! Here he is, indeed looking pretty damn evil:

Just as soon as I can be bothered, I will photoshop an actual pie on to his head or some such. He's on an extremely comfortable 18k, and sharing a table with Dave Smith, himself on 16.5k, and resplendent in new hat, like so:

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 10:21:40 PM »

Things That Have Happened Recently While I Have Been Uploading Photos

Mad Turk is down to just 800 - "I had an accident." Said accident seems to have involved representing the nut straight to a gentleman who was actually holding the nut straight.

A possible contender for Name Of The Day, Fan Cao, is OUT in circumstances unknown.

Pete Linton has doubled up with some predictably raggy cards - this time for a flopped flush and possible straight flush draw that didn't come in. I'm afraid I'm not sure whose chips they were at the beginning of the hand as I only arrived as Pete was raking them in, but judging by the number of chips in front of them/expressions one their faces, I suspect it was either David "Le Knave-id" Jones, or perhaps Chase Wilson to his right.

Mr Lam Trinh has won a HUUUGE pot, but I'm afraid  got there a little too late to get any more details than that. A HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pot.

Also Ms Fran Creed is OUT to a gentleman not on our player list (must have been on one of those pesky missing tables - I'm getting us a complete list but for the time being he will be known as Mario C) - Mario raised pre and she called with A-Q. Flop came down Q-9-x and they wasted no time in getting in all in. An Ace on the turn, but a blank on the river and she's gone.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:11 PM »

Yes yes, sorry, Mario had 99, meant to say that...

Players are back from a short break now.

A couple of players who just before the break had not really moved from their starting stacks:

Julian Thew

Jim Moult

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 10:49:34 PM »

Btw Mr Simon Trumper was reading the updates and took pity on my total incomprehension of DTD's actually very ingenious table-numbering system. The tables are numerically arranged in rows, from the front of the room to the back, which gives us the first digit of the table number, and the second digit is determined by counting along the row from left to right. Apparently they previously had letters of the alphabet for the rows, but the little handheld computer malarkeys that the valets are using don't have any letters on, so they arrived at this system. Still confused? He most helpfully drew me a little plan of the room to illustrate:

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 10:52:52 PM »

"That Kev sure likes to talk," reports Ralph 'karabiner' Shalson speaking of neighbour and former Gala regular Kevin Lund. "I put on my head phones to concentrate, and he just moved closer."

But judging by the chip counts, Kev has good reason to feel talkative, as he's riding high with a near 20k stack. Karabiner, meanwhile, has just this second departed, raising to 800 with A-Q, being re-raised to 2,700 by a limper before calling and pushing all-in on the raggy Flop. His opponent inevitably called and showed Aces. "I stopped and go into Aces," he concluded with a grimace.

------------

Serial chip go getter Pete Linton is up to 31k. He flopped a flush with 9-8s on a Jack high board and was, much to his surprise, paid off by Chase Wilson's J-4. I think Pete reputation worked in his favour there, but then again, I would have called the tea-leaf with bottom pair if it were me.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 11:00:02 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 11:10:16 PM »

Apparently there are some kind of technical difficulties with the system at the desk as well - I went back to ask if I could have a full player list, but the gentleman there told me that something in the system has changed since last month and they are no longer able to print or email us a player list, unless we are prepared to wait a few days for him to call the IT engineer-types and for them to get back to him. Sad Alas, no full player list for us today - sorry, Horneris. Hopefully full player lists will be back next month...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 11:15:59 PM »

Meanwhile I can say with relative confidence that our current chip leader is Chili, with around 40k. She tells me she had 32k at the break, and has since knocked out a player. Said player raised her blind, and Chili re-raised with A-K; Mr Player called. The flop came down a not-very-good-if-you-have-A-K 9-T-J, but Chili put him in anyway, figuring it was worth a gamble - Mr Player called with pocket Eights for a pair and a straight draw, but no straight and a King on the river sent him packing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: