blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Learning Centre (Moderators: Longy, JungleCat03)
| | | |-+  Should I have got away from these hands or is it just £1 in the pot?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should I have got away from these hands or is it just £1 in the pot?  (Read 3212 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2008, 01:35:20 AM »

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2384278

http://www.pokerhand.org/?2384340

My thinking in hand one was that, I'd shown massive strength raising to $18 preflop, so I'm against another AA, KK, QQ or an AK hopeful maybe.  For that bet preflop, the flop is fairly ok for me isn't it?  The flush draw was maybe an option for the AK, but generally, if I was up against either of the hands I thought I was, a shove was always coming on the flop so I had to make the call - is that right?

The second hand, well I'm not sure.  Whenever I'm check raised, they have a made hand already and calling on a draw isn't a good idea.  Obviously he does and hits, then I pay him off.  I guess I should have folded this one, but QT never crossed my mind.

I'm trying hard on my cash game, especially 6 max, but tonight was a real kick in the balls for me.   I didn't think I was playing that badly and think perhaps I was just unlucky, but should I have got away from these hands?

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 01:56:21 AM »

First one played well pre flop decentg enough raise and its a poor call by eventual winner IMO.  Possible arguement for a fold on the flop? especially with 2 AI's before you act. 

Hand two I raise more on the flop I know you want to extract money with your set but its a drawing board - I probably even re-raise pre flop as well.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:18:33 AM »

usual I suck at cash disclaimer applies but here's my thoughts-

first hand I get stacked too, pf action says noone should have a 5 or a 7 here so you're happily calling. 50p please

second hand I don't like. I prob 3 bet pre  and lead on the flop.

flop is fairly draw heavy so why are we potentially giving a free card to 2 oppos? when we do get the opportunity to cr that we wanted we don't bet enough, the raise to 8.00 means we're giving better than 3 to 1 so we're not going to lose any drawing hands.

then a turn card falls that fills one of the draws that beat us and we chose that moment to start betting big?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:57:27 AM »

Hand 1: I make my cold 4bet possibly a bit bigger but thats nit picking. Postflop no way in a million years im passing, no way should either player have you beat given the preflop action and you should expect to see to 2 smaller overpairs most of the time here.

Hand 2: 3bet is an option pre and it depends how active villain has been preflop and his tendancies post flop (does he cbet alot,stack off easy etc). Im fine with calling though.

On the flop which is semi drawy im, lead/3bet AI is an option or if your going to check raise make it more than 8, i would go with about 11 here personally. Make him make a mistake calling the c/r with a draw, 8 doesn't achieve this. As played on the turn im stacking off, you are still ahead more than 75% of the time here.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 10:39:54 AM »

Cheers guys.  I was thinking this morning (still getting to me!) that the flop check raise amount may have been weak.  I have it in my head that people will fold for $5, but in reality it's not even a pint so it's not likely to achieve much. 

Will bet stronger and lead out on iffy boards. 

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 04:13:09 PM »

played it fine for me..Longy's advice on hand 2 is good with regards to the chck -raise..but stacking off here is standard mate.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: