blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 1a - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 1a - Interactive  (Read 89232 times)
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:32 PM »

Some interesting table shares noted thus far:

Woody Deck and John Kabbaj
Annette Obrestad and Barny Boatman
Roberto Romanello in a nice hat (sorry, only one camera between us but photos will come) and Dave Colclough
Roland De Wolfe and Ben Grundy
Tommy Pavlicek and Nicolas Levi
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:49 PM »

The third Mario Brother and charismatic shark fetishist, Huuuuuuuuuuuumberto Brenes.

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2008, 12:53:57 PM »

Plenty of big names have come to watch me update today, one of whom is equestrian expert Freddy Deeb.

Do me a favour snoops.........................

ask him if he's ever gone south

You mean, like, down to the London area?
Isn't that UP...............oops dont start TJ off again lol
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »

The bizarre-o parade-type thingy is accomplished, it rather disappointingly involved a bunch of Pokerstars pros sitting at a table on a big stage while "I Like The Way You Move" pumped out of the stereo and pictures of this year's EPT winners popped up on a big screen. Also a bit disappointingly for your sleepy updaters, but probably just marvelously for you lucky readers at home, Thomas Kremser then announced that they will be playing 7 levels today instead of the advertised 6.

Here's the best shot I could get of the Opening Ceremony, which did just involve the pros sitting there while the stage kind of extended at 5mph like the world's most boring ride.

The room is absolutely heaving - spectators throng the ropes, players throng the tables (but not in an uncomfortable elbow-each-other type of way) and press throng any space that's left.  It looks like while they may not break the 1k runners mark, this is, as Thomas Kremser announced at the start of play, "The biggest tournament EVER in Europe."  "Ever."

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:09 PM »

Wait, hold on, we have action! Bumbling through the tables with my camera in hand, I pounce upon a hand between Rocky Ross Boatman and the alluring Anna Wroblewski. Betting 575 on a board, Ross is quickly called by Anna who then calls a further 1.6k on the River. Ross proudly reveals for the flopped flush whilst Anna is keen to show her to the table to let them know how unfortunate she was. She did well to get away so cheaply though.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 12:57:59 PM »

Mr De Wolfe is down a few chips to our good friend Mr Mateyboy -

He bets out 500 on a flop; Mateyboy calls.

He checks the turn and then calls the 500 bet from Mr Boy.

Again he checks the river and then dwells up for ages when Mr Boy again makes it 500. There is some good-humoured banging of chips on the table from Mr De Wolfe, and a little cheerful squirming before he calls - he mucks to Mr Boy's though.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 12:59:20 PM »

WSOP runner upper Tuan Lam, confirming with his neighbour that the photographer is indeed the renowned (ahem) Snoopy from blonde poker.

"Wow, he looks much more dashing in the flesh," he says with admiration.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 01:00:29 PM »

Gleaming from ear to ear and clearly enjoying the attention his rare presence in Europe is bringing... Erick Lindgren. Not sure who sponsored him into this event though.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

Good Luck to all the Brits.

Will this be Boris's first tournament? It'll be interesting how many levels he can last.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2008, 01:01:44 PM »

Up a good few chips is Ms Annette Obrestad, winning a 7k-or-so pot with a turned micro-flush against a very disgruntled Mateyboy in a T6 shirt who clearly thought she was At It...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2008, 01:02:19 PM »

Lurking in the shadows behind mysterious curtain in the corner of the room is Mateyboy, last seen betting 200 onto a Ks-2c-7c to take down an early pot.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2008, 01:03:02 PM »

Good Luck to all the Brits.

Will this be Boris's first tournament? It'll be interesting how many levels he can last.

First tournament? I think it might the first time he's picked up a pack of cards!
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2008, 01:05:29 PM »

With a near 1,000 field, this tournament is always hard work, but it's all worth it when you see people walk into these deceptive mirrors that lead into the press-room. After three years and numerous bruises, I've learned my lesson, but Peter Roche wasn't so lucky, last seen walking head on into the right hand side mirror before swivelling around disorientated. They can mix it with the best at the highest cash tables, but they can't get through a corridor. you'd think their twin coming towards them would be a giveaway.

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2008, 01:06:13 PM »

Lurking in the shadows behind mysterious curtain in the corner of the room is Mateyboy, last seen betting 200 onto a -2c-7c to take down an early pot.

Indeed he has been put behind a screen right at the back, possibly to protect railers from the force of his Death Stare. He seems to have evened himself back out to 15k, prolongedly STARING down the Mateyboy opponent who dared to bet out 2700 on a three diamonds board, before passing.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2008, 01:08:54 PM »

With a near 1,000 field, this tournament is always hard work, but it's all worth it when you see people walk into these deceptive mirrors that lead into the press-room. After three years and numerous bruises, I've learned my lesson, but Peter Roche wasn't so lucky, last seen walking head on into the right hand side mirror before swivelling around disorientated. They can mix it with the best at the highest cash tables, but they can't get through a corridor. you'd think their twin coming towards them would be a giveaway.

lol, that's so true, I lost count the number of reporters that went the wrong way and bumped into the mirror last year.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: