blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:27:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com EPT Monte Carlo Grand Final - Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 81748 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: April 15, 2008, 11:48:57 PM »

Chip count on Arnie please?

"Stick around," and they'll tell you, I guess.

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 15, 2008, 11:52:03 PM »

There were mutterings about extending today's play to go down to 32, but at the moment it looks like we are approaching an end-of-day bubble of sorts.  What are the odds it takes 2.5 hrs to get from 41 to 40?

Some counts:

Stephen Kjerstad -- 210k
Freddy Deeb -- 160k
Eric Liu -- 350k
Luca Pagano -- 325k
Michael Martin -- 145k
Alexander Morozov -- 125k
Ben Sprengers -- 125
Antonio Esfandiari -- 650k+ 

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: April 15, 2008, 11:54:59 PM »

And just like that, we're down to 39 and finished for the day. Details to follow...
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: April 15, 2008, 11:57:51 PM »

DOUBLE UP AND CALL ON TABLE 3!!! is what alerted me to Joe Hachem's all in. Not sure how he lost most of that giganto-stack, but I guess he must have...

Must admit couldn't see a thing of the cards from behind the crowds, but Joe was holding and his opponent, I BELIEVE Mr Jonathan Dwek but POSSIBLY Mr Robin Keston, was holding .

Someone is shouting, "Stick a Seven out there!"

Flop - (note the Seven in there)
Turn - (railer forgot to add, "no jacks") at which Mr Hachem shouts something that sounds awfully like, "YES! YES! STICK THAT WHERE IT HURTS, PEOPLE!!!" - Huh?
River - Two Clubs

Mr Joe Hachem doubles up to around 200k.

Click to see full-size image.

Cannot confirm if this was the doubler-upper, but here is a photo of Jonathan Dwek:

Click to see full-size image.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 15, 2008, 11:58:03 PM »

The long hair could surely only be that of one man...

Or

danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: April 16, 2008, 12:01:07 AM »

The long hair could surely only be that of one man...

Yes! Bonus points for you! It is Scandie cats-eye metaller Voitto Rintala. Your bonus points entitle you to now stop updating and return to your bedsit.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: April 16, 2008, 12:01:50 AM »

After hovering around the 44 player mark for a while, we lost three in relatively quick succession before, incredibly, two crashed out in just one hand to leave us with 39. I was on the other side of the playing area at the time, and spotted a three row thick crowd swamping the far table. I tied up the laces on my running shoes and sprinted around (notice that's 'around'; we haven't been allowed to go in and out of tables for a long time), but it was too late, the hand was over. Fortunately, the hand was being announced over the microphone, and I had just about enough charm left in me to lure the information out of my fellow press, so that combined, I was able to deduce the following - a three way all-in involving Denes Kalo (button), Michel Carvin (small blind) and Stephan Kjaerstad (big blind). Denes Kalo held Kings and had both men covered. The other two hands were A-Q and A-9, although I don't know who had which. The board came 3-T-J-T-2 and the Kings held up, much to the delight of Denes, myself and the rest of the field.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:05:18 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 16, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

Yes! Bonus points for you! It is Scandie cats-eye metaller Voitto Rintala. Your bonus points entitle you to now stop updating and return to your bedsit.

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: April 16, 2008, 12:07:29 AM »

After hovering around the 44 player mark for a while, we lost three in relatively quick succession before, incredibly, two crashed out in just one hand to leave us with 39. I was on the other side of the playing area at the time, and spotted a three row thick crowd swamping the far table. I tied up the laces on my running shoes and sprinted around (notice that's 'around'; we haven't been allowed to go in and out of tables for a long time), but it was too late, the hand was over. Fortunately, the hand was being announced over the microphone, and I had just about enough charm left in me to lure the information out of my fellow press, so that combined, I was able to deduce the following - a three way all-in involving Denes Kalo (button), Michel Carvin (small blind) and Stephan Kjaerstad (big blind). Denes Kalo held Kings and had both men covered. The other two hands were A-Q and A-9, although I don't know who had which. The board came 3-T-J-T-2 and the Kings held up, much to the delight of Denes, myself and the rest of the field.

Update: Michel Carvin had the A-9 and was shortstacked, Stephan Kjaerstad had the A-Q and had around 200k. The opening bet from Denes was around 20k.

Meanwhile, I learned that Robin Keston finished the day with around 900k. He took two scalps back-to-back, the first being J-J versus A-A, the second the 7-7 vs. A-K that eliminated Pierre Hall. Both players were sitting next to him and on both hands Robin hit a set.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:14:03 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
Jaahan
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:00 AM »

Øyvind Riisem is down to 350k without even seeing a flop. He had 700k not to long ago.

He threw away his hand after Esfandiari 5-bet him.
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 16, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »

Again, I think it will be a matter of some hours before we receive full, accurate chip counts for the remaining 39 players, but as soon as we do they'll be shared like the candied orange peel no one likes at the bottom of a box of chocolates.

Today has been a little fraught with technical difficulties tbh but hopefully it will be a smooth slide down to our final table here tomorrow.  From 1pm.

NEVES

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 16, 2008, 12:22:56 AM »

Thx for the updates great stuff.

Rules are for the obedience of fools and
guidance of wise men.
jpean

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 16, 2008, 12:26:58 AM »

Nice updates...

Be sure I'll follow tomorrow...

Really, nice updates today... strange long bubble but nice...

trying to stay at $0.10/$0.25...
TheReader23

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 16, 2008, 12:28:04 AM »

Thanks guys for some great and very entertaining coverage today.  I'm happy to say, I'll be back tomorrow!!

BTW, did you notice I've added Michael's dog to my posts?

TR23
danafish

banjos!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: April 16, 2008, 12:29:06 AM »

Thanks guys for some great and very entertaining coverage today.  I'm happy to say, I'll be back tomorrow!!

BTW, did you notice I've added Michael's dog to my posts?

TR23

It has evil eyes. Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: