blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:35:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  10pence tax band
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 10pence tax band  (Read 20896 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2008, 05:01:29 PM »

Yep I know, but I made a sweeping statement that is pretty correct.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2008, 05:09:49 PM »

Referendums (referendi?) are just as bad as well.  People voting on stuff they really don't understand.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2008, 05:10:11 PM »

So what you are saying is everyone living in council accommodation is "trash, a fukwit and thick"

I find that so offensive. I have never lived in council accommodation but that certainly doesn't make me a better person than those that do.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »

So what you are saying is everyone living in council accommodation is "trash, a fukwit and thick"

I find that so offensive. I have never lived in council accommodation but that certainly doesn't make me a better person than those that do.

Yeah but that's because you're broke..if you had money you'd be better Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2008, 05:13:48 PM »

Clearly not everyone in council estates. just alot compared to other cohorts in society. No one mentioned about being a better person.

If that offends you then so be it.

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2008, 05:18:33 PM »

Clearly not everyone in council estates. just alot compared to other cohorts in society. No one mentioned about being a better person.

If that offends you then so be it.

For gods sake don't make all the council estate trash vote.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »

yes, nowt wrong with that statement. It's the same as saying don't make all stupid people who live on council estates vote, or don't make all the rich upper class twits votes.

Both of which are not saying ALL upper class people are twits OR all council estate people are stupid.

neeko

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2008, 05:31:25 PM »

Political parties will never change the first past the post system, they have spend the last 50 years fixing the constituancy boundaries so that the vast majority of seats are safe for the respective party and then they really only need to campaign in the 40 seats that are marginals, and then you only need to target 3% of swing voters, who will actually decide the result of the election. This means that UK general election are actually decided by about 85,000 people and the rest may as well stay at home.

There is no problem so bad that a politician cant make it worse.

http://www.dec.org.uk
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2008, 07:46:45 PM »

There is another potential voting system - Range Voting (http://www.rangevoting.org/)

You rate the candidates from 0-9, as many or as few as you have an opinion on. Highest mean average score wins.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2008, 11:57:13 AM »

A victory for Proportional Representation

BNP wins seat in London Assembly

Although this one seat out of 25 on the London Assembly, so it is unlikely to influence much, transfer that to several hundred seats being contested in a General Election and a far right coalition could be an influential group in a hung parliament.

Apart from the statistical arguments which mean that any proportional representation system doesn't deliver a proportionally represented government - the more basic truism is that there are far too many stupid people voting - and using the First past the Post system is the best way of ensuring that their stupidity gets negated.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2008, 12:26:45 PM »

Yes anyone in this country who's basically a fukwit / thick, not able to think for themselves (believing paper headlines as gospel), making them all vote would be badddddddddddd. Whatever side the papers took that month would get them elected.

It's really worrying how little the normal person on the street comprehends the issues beyond the headlines.

Is this what you teach the kids?  Have you ever spoke to someone who lives on a council estate or have you always been a bit nervous about it? Just take a deep breath and go out one day and actually talk to some real live council estate people. You never know, it might just surprise you................................I don't even think you need to pay into some council estates these days and I think some companies are doing open top bus runs. Just hop on and see where it takes you and while you are there see what some of the people think about your sweeping statements..............

Patience is a virtue.

steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2008, 12:31:11 PM »

the only way a party like bnp gains support is when a country is in chaos,i dont think its stupidity what makes some people vote for the bnp, a lot is about desperation,i would never support a party like bnp but if people feel abandoned with no help or sympathy they will start supporting extremist partys,
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »

Yes anyone in this country who's basically a fukwit / thick, not able to think for themselves (believing paper headlines as gospel), making them all vote would be badddddddddddd. Whatever side the papers took that month would get them elected.

It's really worrying how little the normal person on the street comprehends the issues beyond the headlines.

Is this what you teach the kids?  Have you ever spoke to someone who lives on a council estate or have you always been a bit nervous about it? Just take a deep breath and go out one day and actually talk to some real live council estate people. You never know, it might just surprise you................................I don't even think you need to pay into some council estates these days and I think some companies are doing open top bus runs. Just hop on and see where it takes you and while you are there see what some of the people think about your sweeping statements..............

I was born and bread in Little London Leeds, most probs the shitest council estate crap hole in Leeds, we got out. Lucky my parents had something about them and worked their asses off to make something for themselves. What dont you like about my post? the fact that most people in this country are pretty stupid and cant think for themselves? wow shocking. I said the people on a council estates who are thick and stupid, not all people from them.......huge diff.

I taught my students to take everyone at face value and to do their best in life whatever anyone said to them. But I would always tell them the truth and not hide stuff that wasnt politically correct to state.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 03:05:19 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
madasahatstand

Bang

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2008, 07:30:41 PM »

I was born and bread in Little London Leeds, most probs the shitest council estate crap hole in Leeds, we got out. Lucky my parents had something about them and worked their asses off to make something for themselves. What dont you like about my post? the fact that most people in this country are pretty stupid and cant think for themselves? wow shocking. I said the people on a council estates who are thick and stupid, not all people from them.......huge diff.

I taught my students to take everyone at face value and to do their best in life whatever anyone said to them. But I would always tell them the truth and not hide stuff that wasnt politically correct to state.

No most people are not pretty stupid.......and teaching students to value everyone at is a good way to go, starting with the fact that most people are valuable and not thick or pretty stupid:)

Patience is a virtue.

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2008, 08:32:44 PM »

Just back tracking a bit apparently the removing of the 10% tax band affects pensioners as now their pensions are taxed @ 20% is this right???
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: