blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:18:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 91738 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2008, 07:29:04 PM »

bollocks to that, I am TDing.
The snooker players brother?

Poppet7
Little Madam!

Lucky Lady

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2008, 09:23:30 PM »

Poppet needs a roomshare...again!

Edit; Found a sharer!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 10:02:08 PM by Poppet7 » Logged

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: May 22, 2008, 10:01:44 AM »

UPDATE      UPDATE       UPDATE     UPDATE         UPDATE      UPDATE     UPDATE      UPDATE        UPDATE       UPDATE
CONFIRMED MEMBERS IN BOLD:

Snatiramas
The_Nun
Mondatoo
flea
bigfella
RHM
Gatso
Kinboshi
Sheriff
Andrew T
littlemissc
Claw
Donk
Newport Lad
RookieITB
Skrikera
Poppet7
Matt674
Digger

We have 19 now - so need 1 MORE. 

15 have confirmed, 4 still unconfirmed.

Could those who haven't yet confirmed whether they can play or not PM me ASAP.

Even if all of these can play, we're still one short of having two teams.  It'd be a shame to just have one team on the day and some people missing out - so if anyone else fancies it, PM me now!

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 03:40:37 PM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2008, 12:59:09 PM »

Dan,

Don't want to rain on any parades but have you confirmed with Des that Blonde (or anyone else) can have more than 10 people?

At last count (per the thread on the APAT forum) there were around 17 teams showing interest. At an assumed maximum capacity of 200 this would seem to indicate a total of 20 teams with 10 players each.

Wait...What!?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2008, 01:01:55 PM »

Dan,

Don't want to rain on any parades but have you confirmed with Des that Blonde (or anyone else) can have more than 10 people?

At last count (per the thread on the APAT forum) there were around 17 teams showing interest. At an assumed maximum capacity of 200 this would seem to indicate a total of 20 teams with 10 players each.

All in hand.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 22, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

Dan,

All in hand.

blonde owns Desmonds soul, we also have (tucked away in a safe deposit box ) photographic proof of him actually buying a round !! Now he wouldnt want those pictures circulated would he ... it would cost him a fortune. Smiley

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: May 22, 2008, 01:17:15 PM »

The format of the event has not been finalised yet, so nothing is 'in hand' as such.  However we should have some further answers after the weekend when we look at the details.   I'm surprised that nobody has given any thoughts on the format. 
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: May 22, 2008, 01:24:16 PM »

I'm surprised that nobody has given any thoughts on the format. 

What you mean you haven't read my APAT Forum post?

I can see that we have a number of forums interested already but should the 'teams' not represent, if possible, a cross-section of that forums abilities?

What I mean is, perhaps a forum is only able to send, say 10 people, but APAT or LPM send 20. Rather than front-loading your 'first team' with your perceived 'better players' the skill levels could be evenly distributed by giving each player points based on their final position. (Say 1 point for 1st out, 200 for last etc).

Each contingent as a whole could be scored (say 10 from Punters Lounge score 500 and 20 from the LPM score 750) but the total pro-rated by the number of players.

In the example above, PL have an average of 50, but the LPM only 37.5, therefore PL would win.

This has a couple of added benefits:

• It doesn't matter how many people are in each contingent (subject to minimums)
  • Captains don't have to pick and choose between people when deciding who to put in their teams because everyone is in a single 'team'.
  • The pro's don't have a 'super-team of 10' advantage giving us poor amateurs a shot.

Of course if you want to add a Sunday tourney for PLO/PLO8/RRP then the LPM will be there!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 01:29:54 PM by Paullie_D » Logged

Wait...What!?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: May 22, 2008, 02:16:36 PM »

The format of the event has not been finalised yet, so nothing is 'in hand' as such.  However we should have some further answers after the weekend when we look at the details.   I'm surprised that nobody has given any thoughts on the format. 

I meant 'in hand' as both you and Tighty are aware that blonde intends to enter two teams. 

As for the minor details as to how the competition will work, we're waiting to hear his master's voice... Grin

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: May 22, 2008, 02:19:26 PM »

As for the format, I'd assumed (obviously incorrectly) that it would effectively be a standard freezeout tournament (everyone playing to cash for themselves) with players getting points for how far they go for their team for the team element.

This is how every other team event I've played in (I've not played many, granted) have worked.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 22, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »

As for the format, I'd assumed (obviously incorrectly) that it would effectively be a standard freezeout tournament (everyone playing to cash for themselves) with players getting points for how far they go for their team for the team element.

This is how every other team event I've played in (I've not played many, granted) have worked.

For the love of God don't put the idea into Des's head that APAT should be doing something more creative and innovative than this, who knows what it'd end up as.  Shocked

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 22, 2008, 02:59:59 PM »

I'm surprised that nobody has given any thoughts on the format. 

I assumed it was all taken care of prior to the advert for it coming out Cheesy

Bigfella

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: May 22, 2008, 05:57:56 PM »

I meant 'in hand' as both you and Tighty are aware that blonde intends to enter two teams. 

As for the minor details as to how the competition will work, we're waiting to hear his master's voice... Grin

And if oversubscribed then Chezger team will be thrown out obv
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 22, 2008, 06:03:20 PM »

the team event I played at Cincinattis a couple of years back had a good format - it effectively ran as lots of STT's, with no players from the same team on the same table.  Points were awarded depending on finishing position (minus points for the first out, and quite top heavy).  The winner of each STT got a small cash prize (effectively the buy-in back).  The top 'x' scoring teams proceeded on to the next stage of the comp.  Don't remember what that was though as my team didn't make it Sad  **BRAG WARNING** (although I did win my STT  thumbs up)

I quite liked the format and it cut out any allegations of collusion (or indeed any temptation to collude)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 22, 2008, 06:17:56 PM »

20 teams 10 players in team

10 x 20 man comps

running 5 comps at a time

give 5 hours of play for  a 20 man comp gives lots of play

points awarded for places knocked out (ends team play on day 1)
team prize awarded

winners of table all get £100
winners and runners up all come back for days 2 (no points for team)

20 player comp nice slow structure and game on 6-8 hours of play on day 2

only fair way to run a team comp

unless you want to encourage team chip passing

this way you get your team mates railing you as you play aswell

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: