blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:25:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 91620 times)
Paullie_D
APAT Travel Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:36 PM »

What I mean is, perhaps a forum is only able to send, say 10 people, but APAT or LPM send 20. Rather than front-loading your 'first team' with your perceived 'better players' the skill levels could be evenly distributed by giving each player points based on their final position. (Say 1 point for 1st out, 200 for last etc).

Each contingent as a whole could be scored (say 10 from Punters Lounge score 500 and 20 from the LPM score 750) but the total pro-rated by the number of players.

In the example above, PL have an average of 50, but the LPM only 37.5, therefore PL would win.

This has a couple of added benefits:

• It doesn't matter how many people are in each contingent (subject to minimums)
  • Captains don't have to pick and choose between people when deciding who to put in their teams because everyone is in a single 'team'.
  • The pro's don't have a 'super-team of 10' advantage giving us poor amateurs a shot.
This I suggested some time ago.

Wait...What!?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 23, 2008, 12:58:52 PM »

I will speak to Desmond about the feedback. We'll come up with something that ensures all participants get plenty of play over the weekend

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: May 23, 2008, 01:01:20 PM »

What I mean is, perhaps a forum is only able to send, say 10 people, but APAT or LPM send 20. Rather than front-loading your 'first team' with your perceived 'better players' the skill levels could be evenly distributed by giving each player points based on their final position. (Say 1 point for 1st out, 200 for last etc).

Each contingent as a whole could be scored (say 10 from Punters Lounge score 500 and 20 from the LPM score 750) but the total pro-rated by the number of players.

In the example above, PL have an average of 50, but the LPM only 37.5, therefore PL would win.

This has a couple of added benefits:

• It doesn't matter how many people are in each contingent (subject to minimums)
  • Captains don't have to pick and choose between people when deciding who to put in their teams because everyone is in a single 'team'.
  • The pro's don't have a 'super-team of 10' advantage giving us poor amateurs a shot.
This I suggested some time ago.

The concern I would have with this is that it could favour smaller teams.
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: May 23, 2008, 01:02:23 PM »

I will speak to Desmond about the feedback. We'll come up with something that ensures all participants get plenty of play over the weekend

FYP Dad.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »

Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2008, 01:08:24 PM »

have to agree with that, don't like the average score thing but maybe a top 5/6/7 scores from each team count would work

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »

have to agree with that, don't like the average score thing but maybe a top 5/6/7 scores from each team count would work

Top whatever (7 looks good) makes sense, and if a team has fewer players than that, they'll be penalised by the missing players counting as scoring the worst possible score.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 23, 2008, 01:38:54 PM »

ok, here's my plan, someone should put me in charge, I'm that good.

20 teams of up to 10 players each compete in 2xMTT, one on saturday, one on sunday.

in each tournament the top 7 finishers score points for their team.

winning team = best combined score from the 2 days

best individual score over the 2 days wins the added prizes

prize money split between the 2 comps so effectively 2x£25 FO

if running it as an MTT there's no reason to run to a standard APAT format which would leave a lot of players, and probably some forums, not involved on day 2. better to speed up the structure and run 2 comps so that everyone has an interest in day 2

DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 23, 2008, 07:16:54 PM »

lets just do some coin flips and go on the razz
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 23, 2008, 08:30:30 PM »

I think i choose a good room mate, only other apat event i played brag post oncoming (when i finished 5th to a bad beat grrr) before the tourney started i told the lad next to me doesnt matter if you busto early m8 we'll just gan on the piss.Everyones a winner.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 31, 2008, 06:50:18 PM »

Just wondered are we giving the tshirts idea a miss as nowt mores been said i think it wouldve been good laugh if we got it done.Also wondered if announcement was expected on what the actual structure was going to be a must agree travelling half the country to play a stt dont sound that appealing although whateva it is i'm there as booked train yday.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 31, 2008, 07:45:30 PM »

Just wondered are we giving the tshirts idea a miss as nowt mores been said

we haven't sorted teams yet, probs need to wait until then to sort it out so the 2 teams can have different designs

The_duke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #237 on: June 01, 2008, 12:48:56 PM »

Chezger have just returned from the £200 freezout in the G in Blackpool, and unselfishly I stayed ovenight and have already checked out some of the "entertainment" establishments. It'll be a goooood weekend

A great many people believe they are thinking, when in fact they are just rearranging their prejudices
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 01, 2008, 12:57:46 PM »

Just wondered are we giving the tshirts idea a miss as nowt mores been said

we haven't sorted teams yet, probs need to wait until then to sort it out so the 2 teams can have different designs

Or we could just confuse them by all wearing the same normal boring Blondepoker polo or T shirt bought at cost from our own site maybe?Huh?

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 01, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »

Chezger have just returned from the £200 freezout in the G in Blackpool, and unselfishly I stayed ovenight and have already checked out some of the "entertainment" establishments. It'll be a goooood weekend

That was very unselfish of u  lol
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: