blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - Interactive  (Read 61811 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2008, 06:50:57 PM »

that would be clever wouldnt it, im the other half at home!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

This Blondie is an absolute beauty in the flesh, saw her the other day. Cmon you can get a better pic for the lads, we are blondepoker after all!

Quick bit of norkage for those of you who enjoy such things.

Pretty scandinavian player.

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 07:02:43 PM »

Good luck to all the blondes playing today (and to Frode Fagerli who is a lovely bloke).

Frode 'Fropsy' 'Lovely Bloke' Fagerli - instrumental player in getting the Norwegian Championships organised and all round good guy:

Ah yes - this is the guy I was playing with on Sunday who said he preferred not to look at his cards beforehand as it spoiled the surprise later. He then pushed all in with pocket queens  Roll Eyes  These scandies are so lucky....
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2008, 07:03:44 PM »

Blonde player lady is Vivi Saethren - she's a nice person - met her at the Swedish Norwegian Championships (if that makes sense) and she popped up at the World Series last year... will probably even smile if she knows she's having her picture taken.  I would say we should support her because she's blonde, but so is 80% of the field.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »

Blonde player lady is Vivi Saethren - she's a nice person - met her at the Swedish Norwegian Championships (if that makes sense) and she popped up at the World Series last year... will probably even smile if she knows she's having her picture taken.  I would say we should support her because she's blonde, but so is 80% of the field.

I tell you what, if she manages to win something half decent the sponsors will be fighting over her.............
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2008, 07:13:14 PM »

updates on my little kipper fran please! thanks
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2008, 07:14:03 PM »

But before you get excited...this doesn't end in a player-busting, stack-building showdown.  Just so you don't get your hopes up.  It's just that I saw a pot with over 18,000 in the middle, which had been grown between Sindre Joramo and Rune Larsen (in the white hat).

The board was lying there:  three diamonds , and I wish I knew how all those chips had gotten there.  The moment of tension which drew me to the table was, however, Joramo moving all in for around 10k and putting his opponent to a decision for the rest of his stack.  The pot was spread, his head was in his hands, and it was with that sour "I really wish I wasn't doing this" expression that Larsen gave this big pot up to his opponent.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2008, 07:20:24 PM »

Scheming Scandinavian Smurf of the day.

Hat of the day.

Steve Holden of the day - 17k

Tall, thin Trond of the day- circa 15k

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2008, 07:22:34 PM »

Here's John Hammond, one of the players about to take their turn on the buffet (staggered dinner break is as good as no dinner break, in our opinion).  He asked how Snoopy was doing, and was surprised to learn that he wasn't actually here, but around 5000 miles away in Canada currently...

We know the score.  "Great Updates Snoops."

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2008, 07:28:47 PM »

Quote of the day: "That's the way a Norwegian get mad.  When someone steal his beer.  Then I get mad.  Raarrrrrrrgh.  I don't mind the money, one pound two pound five pound.  I mind my beer.  I pissed."  That could be taken in both ways, quite effectively.

This guy has been drinking since the place opened, as have a good number of others.  Actually, probably since he busted last night after playing most of the day and busting on the TV table.  He does like DTD though:  "I love Nothingham!  It's the best poker play I ever seen!"

Even totally hammered, the Norwegian contingent is always laid back.  "Aaaalways be friends!" is his parting shot.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

Chip leader watch.

I don't know the gentleman on the left's name, but I would be shocked and suprised if he were not the chip leader with roughly 45k at this stage...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2008, 07:38:37 PM »

Fran is making slow progress...

She told me she hasn't seen much in the way of cards and when she limped aces in EP, and saw a tasty flop of A-T-T 4 way, she was only able to elicit a little action on the turn and river from it.

"Can't beleive no one had anything!" she said despairingly.

Just below her starting stack atm I believe...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2008, 07:47:41 PM »

Fran is making slow progress...

She told me she hasn't seen much in the way of cards and when she limped aces in EP, and saw a tasty flop of A-T-T 4 way, she was only able to elicit a little action on the turn and river from it.

"Can't beleive no one had anything!" she said despairingly.

Just below her starting stack atm I believe...

Fran now has 5,175 and an air of slight frustration, although not in any immediate danger.  Pictured watching it all go raise, re-raise crazy down the other end of the table.

action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »

please tell her not to limp AA anywhere vs a load of aggressive scandies who love to play back, probably especially vs women....Raisy daisy FTW
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2008, 08:11:40 PM »

An impish Chris Bruce -- 18,000 and climbing...

And two sides of the same all-in coin (one happy, one sad):  You wouldn't know that the sad one was in fact Rolf Woods - just eliminated:

While our new friend Stein Sjaastad just busted someone (with kings, I think), bumping his stack up to 17,200:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: