blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:51:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - Interactive
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 1b - Interactive  (Read 61805 times)
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 04:32:24 PM »

I'm experiencing a few technical difficluties with my laptop which is misbehaving at present.

I've threatened to send it to bed without supper though which for now is doing the trick so it looks like we're back on track.

RIGHT!

One non-Norwegian playing today, whose name has risen in prominence in recent times is that of Pete Linton. After a good performance at the Irish Open Pete has notched up a final table at the GUKPT in Manchester and recently won a tournament at this very place, DTD.

I chatted with Pete and he commented on the early aggression he has witnessed "they [norwegians] sure like to play big pots early!"

As if to underline this point a largish pot breaks out on his table...

With the board reading Two Clubs , Erling Hartviksen bet out 1.6k and his opponent in the hand, Sven Hugo Vian, dwelt up for some time. Pete turned to me and said "it's been going on for about 5 minutes!" and called the clock on him.

"I want to play some hands in this level!" Pete told the table...Eventually Sven passed leaving Erling to sweep up the chips and buffer his stack at this early stage...

"I wanted to be in that hand" said Pete to Erling. "I had diamonds!!" and at this point he made a pushing gesture suggesting he would have piled his stack in. Improbable, given the early stages, but he got a laugh out of Sven anyway.

Here is the culmination of that hand, with Sven looking suspiciously at Erling as he passes...

...and Pete Linton, looking to continue his hot streak with  a good result here...

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 04:35:22 PM »

Today another packed field has found its way into Nottingham's Dusk Till Dawn, basking in the luxuriousness of the club, enjoying copious amounts of alcohol and generally bringing a little bit of laid-back Norway to the North of England. 

The Midlands please, in fact Nottingham was known as "The Queen of The Midlands" as opposed to The North where everyone knows it's grim

Anywhere that takes me more than two hours to drive to in a pretty much straight line Up from my house is North.

So on a bad traffic day, Bedford could be construed as North?

Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:31 PM »

Here I find Ian Frazer, risking a shot at a tournament that isn't 6-handed and televised Wink

He was just now waiting for an opponent to make a decision at the end of a hand with the board standing: three clubs .  He'd checked, "About an hour ago.  The Six completely killed my hand."  His oppo (the Matey on the right who appears to be the only one not interested in having his photo taken) must have checked too, because suddenly the chips were heading Frazerwards.  (Incidentally, loving the 'Poker King' logoed, weird troll doll hoodied dude's look).

"Wow - you were that bad?  What were you calling with?" enquires Frazer.
"4-5," comes the straight answer, "I hit I get the lot."
[pause]
"Maybe," concedes Ian.

He then points out that he's drinking tea.  Yes, tea, wholesome non-alcoholic tea. 

Then he asks the waitress for another shot of Sambuca:

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 05:55:13 PM by Djinn » Logged

Stone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 04:50:10 PM »

So who is the Brit on tv table seat 7? And why does he not want to put his cards on the glass?

Stars - stoneleighrd = Betfair - stone_clm
party - bubblesqueak
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 04:52:45 PM »

Slightly concerned that Little Miss C is viewing this thread - hopefully it's someone at home .......? Can someone confirm she is still in please?

Possibly her dad, or she could be playing on a DtD lappy at her table and browsing the updates? Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Johandsome
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »

So who is the Brit on tv table seat 7? And why does he not want to put his cards on the glass?
TV table?  What did I miss?
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 04:56:13 PM »

Two players sat next to each other whose names I know!  What are the odds?
It's Nick Hicks and Andreas Hoivold!

Also a rather scheming looking Dave, flanked by two stonily impassive players who look like they might be either wax statues or some kind of elite special forces bodyguards.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 05:02:45 PM »

Over on the far side of the moon room I found this guy, Mark Doherty (in the white shirt, not the besunglassed one) - being railed by a superkeen Neil Henshaw + Mrs. who are just hanging out in DTD after he played yesterday.  Sharing his table is Gunnar Ostebrod.  Maria.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 05:03:45 PM »

Updates for Ms Creed plzzzzzzzzzz gogogo

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »

****************20 min break...  ******************

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 05:07:51 PM »

I told you he shouldnt be aloud out by himself. He's on the phone now crying.

He's out already.

Ooops

Whoops!  Unlucky fella, go and win some on the cash tables thumbs up

No luck involved mate. I was crap!!!

I think it was the structure that did me. When the blinds got to 50/100 I had to get them 8000 chips in fast!!

JJ on QK9Q2 board seemed like an ideal opportunity   

That put me on 1600 and supertit supertilt.

I think the cash tables would be a very silly idea today. I'm off in to town to get blind drunk. 

Good luck everyone else left in.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »

Blimey - looks like he could be Dewi's son.

scared

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »

Fran updates plz.  She's the one who will be 5bet shipping with air.
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 05:17:41 PM »

Slightly concerned that Little Miss C is viewing this thread - hopefully it's someone at home .......? Can someone confirm she is still in please?

Yes still in.

In fact she was in an interesting hand as I approached her table.

The flop was A 3 3.

Fran bet out and was raised by the gentleman two seats to her left, who bears a passing resemblance to Andy Black. She passed and was shown 3-3 by the gentleman in question, a Mr Oerjan Alexander Pedersen.

Fran was very excited at this, allegedly passing A-J.

"I can't beleive you re-raised! I would have paid you off all the way! Wow!"

Here is a relieved Fran and the scandinavian version of Andy Black. Scandie Black if you will.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 05:21:22 PM »

Quick bit of norkage for those of you who enjoy such things.

Pretty scandinavian player.

Pretty dealer.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: