blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:26:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 35013 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 07:11:05 PM »

I spot a 20k pot preflop, and sidle over to find that it's a fourway raised pot on a table which seems to have changed its entire lineup within the space of two levels. 
All of them check out the flop in a nonchalant "Hmm, so that's how it is," sort of way:

Pal Kristiansen checks, Robin Reed bets 8,500 now.  He's flat called by neighbour Mark Docherty, only to find Marcus Petterson upping it instantly to 25k.  Passes all round with the minimum of tank time.  Petterson grins slightly, while being begged to "show your pocket Sixes.." and in fact shows everyone the instead.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »

How are Sam Trickett and Chris Bruce getting on?

Sam is OUT, I'm afraid. A casualty fo the early carnage, he was out in 125th spot...

Just off to check on Chris.

We are now down to 75 players. We are playing down to the money this evening ( or 2am - whichever comes first) With 54 spots paid I know what my money will be on given the heavy attritional rate so far.

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 07:14:39 PM »

The Ian Frazer (now awake) vs. BA Kildalen saga trundles on... with Frazer first taking a good chunk off his Norwegian neighbour with, er, 2-4 (they seem to love to play this particular hand against him).  BA held K-J and bet the Jack-high flop, called by Frazer.  The turn brought a third club, and a "bad check behind" from BA.  So on the 2 river he paid off Frazer's 8k bet.  He subsequently won, however, an all-in-pre blind on blind race with (somehow) vs. Frazer's , dodging lots of stuff on a board that ended up being Two Diamonds .

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 07:19:26 PM »

Elsewhere, lucky short stack mover inner on the cutoff Marius Grotan found the small blind waking up with .  Not looking great for his .  But it was the good old Sixes, two of them, which popped out and kept him in the tournament.

No such luck for Pink Cowboy Snakeskin Dude, whom I spotted on his mobile phone in the corridor, looking very OUT indeed.  The final table will be at least 60% less colourful now, whatever happens.

PapaYoYo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »

Please say hi to Julian from PaPaYoYo and the Watch following things from deepest Kildare. Now that the yoyo has dropped we shall expect an amazing comeback
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2008, 07:31:46 PM »

Chris Bruce was quietly raking in a pot as I arrived and seemed to have 55k or so...

As I watched the very next hand he called an allin push from his next door neighbour for a chunk or his stack.

Chris flipped A-K, his neighbour showed J-J and the race was on!

A small scandinavian scowl breached the face of his opponent as an Two Clubs flop catapulted Chris firmly into the lead and he didn't relinquish this advantage as a and turn and river sealed the victory.

Going well at the moment with 80k+ here is Chris...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:09:39 PM by JungleCat03 » Logged

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2008, 07:38:40 PM »

Lovely pot for Kai Danilo Paulsen, who must be living right (or be the tough player he's suggested he was at the Irish Open etc.)... a bit of both manifest in this particular hand...

Paulsen raises to 5,500 preflop, called only by big blind Pål Knudsen. 
Flop:   Check to Kai, who bets 6k immediately, with a splashy-pot sort of call.  Accidental, of course.  All good.
Turn:   Check.  Check behind.
River:   Check a third time, and Paulsen now nonchalantly tosses in two 5k chips and is paid off immediately, only showing the .  And just the hint of a smile crossing his otherwise spectacularly impassive countenance.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2008, 07:39:57 PM »

Julian's table just witnessed a biggish hand...

After there was a limp in early position, this snowballed into a limp-fest with 3 limpers behind, including Billy Ngo and Julian THew completing from the small blind. Round to Dave Smith in the BB, he shoved it allin for 35k more or so, only to find one of the limpers re-raising allin to isolate him.

Everyone else ran away shrieking, leaving Dave and Tage Almark to battle it out.

"Bad time to squeeze!" announced Dave sagely as he showed a weakish to Tage's dominating big slick .

The flop came and a moved Dave into the lead...

RIVER: ... "YES" shouted Dave, happy to have survived this encounter, only to have it pointed out to him that Tage had in fact made the nut flush with that card..."Sorry young man didn't see that" said Dave as he departed.

Here he is shortly after that hand about to squirt Julian with his flower...

And Dave Smith's executioner, Tage Almark.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2008, 07:43:52 PM »

Here are the remaining players as we stand...

11   1   Daniel Rudd
11   2   Erik Kindlien
11   3   Ørjan Skommo
11   4   Pål Knudsen
11   5   Stig Rune Kveen
11   6   Rolf Galåsen
11   7   Andrew Shepherd
11   8   Kai Danilo Paulsen
11   9   Steffen Kongelf
12   1   Frank Porturas
12   2   Stein Hansen
12   3   Martin Rasch
12   4   Peter Brusdal
12   5   Joachim Lundgård Thorkildsen
12   6   Ian Frazer
12   7   Bjørn Andre Kildalen
12   8   Geir Lian
12   9   Stig Moen
21   1   Jan Erik Hoff
21   2   Robin Reed
21   3   Mark Docherty
21   4   Magnus Skumsnes
21   5   Bent Skammersrund
21   6   Simen Derås Jacobsen
21   7   Marcus Pettersson
21   9   Pal Kristiansen
22   1   Thomas Wullum
22   2   Tage Skare
22   3   Tommy Fineide
22   4   Bjørn Andre Hovden
22   5   Christopher Bruce
22   6   Timm Stokke
22   7   Ole Johan Knudsen
22   8   Øyvind Larsen
22   9   Roger Johannesen
23   1   Peter Lars Micael Lindstrom
23   2   Jim Jakobsen
23   3   Sondre Sagstuen
23   5   Frode Hoel
23   6   Jan Olav Sjavik
23   7   Kim-ove Hagerup
23   8   Brede Sandkjernan
23   9   Thomas A. Middelthon
31   1   Sven Hugo Vian
31   2   Petter Hammer
31   3   Ove Balsnes
31   4   Håvard Holder
31   5   Arne Kristian Falkenhaug
31   6   Daniel Steine
31   7   Thore Andre Nordbø
31   8   Barlien Sondre
31   9   Kristoffer Ustad
32   1   Thomas Thorkildsen
32   2   Vegard Nygaard
32   3   Øystein Halland
32   4   Svein Arnesen
32   5   Erik Borkvik
32   6   Odd Eivind Ulvund Balgaard
32   7   Kjetil Skau
32   8   Jostien Petterson
32   9   Morten Langbraten
33   1   Bjørnar Koss
33   2   Martin Gudvangen
33   3   Thomas Olavsrud
33   4   Tage Almark
33   5   Michael Mccool
33   6   Platten Daniel
33   7   Billy Ngo
33   8   Stig Thomassen
33   9   Julian Thew

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »

Evening update fans, as Jen mentioned,myself and Ginger are here at DTD to witness the massed throngs of Norwegians ... the place is buzzing, but I have warned the staff here that this week will be a walk in the park compared to all of us blondes descending on the place next weekend Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »

nice plan kev get in there early and bribe the dealers b4 the bash
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 07:53:01 PM »

nice plan kev get in there early and bribe the dealers b4 the bash

No need mate ... us defending champions can rely on skill and ability Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 07:59:23 PM »

We were convinced for a goodly proportion of Day One that Robin Reed (pictured) must be a sneaky Brit flying under the radar.  But no - his story is a Norwegian one, and pretty interesting for that.  Apparently he's a recent (perhaps talking months rather than years) convert to poker, and tournament NLHE after getting sucked into the vortex of Norwegian gamblers that is Johnny Lodden's house.  He moved in there a non-player, sort of didn't surface for a few months while discovering, practising, and playing the game, and is now more than holding his own against his countrymen in a format they've made their own in recent years.  I guess if you move into a house full of Scandie poker players, it's going to either drive you crazy fast or set you on a very steep learning curve...

« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:03:03 PM by Djinn » Logged

LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 08:01:38 PM »

Evening update fans, as Jen mentioned,myself and Ginger are here at DTD to witness the massed throngs of Norwegians ... the place is buzzing, but I have warned the staff here that this week will be a walk in the park compared to all of us blondes descending on the place next weekend Wink

Thank god you have arrived.............grab the camera its time to do the NAS proud m8...............

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »

I jsut had a chat with Julian about how today has panned out...

"Not the best session for me!" he said as he has seen his stack cut from 120k at the start right down to 50k.

Apart from that A-Q K-K hand earlier which he lost, he also lost a big pot where he raised it up with Ah , found the BB re-raising to 13k and decided this was an opportune moment to set the BB in for 45k or so...EVENTUALLY the BB made what was a very brave call with A-T, much to Juliana's chagrin and it held up.

"The marginal situations haven't gone my way today but with 50k, I'm still in there..." Good luck Julian.

I noticed Chris Bruce raking in another pot as I passed his table and he seems to be going about his business in a quiet but very effective way at the moment.

I also saw M**k Mc*ool re-raising a player on a K-8-x high flop, his opponent dwelling before passing what he claimed was Q-Q. Mick showed him J-8. Mi** is going well at the moment with an increasingly large tower of chips that looks to be over 100k...

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: