blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:05:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Expekt.com Norwegian Championships ME: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 34977 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2008, 08:02:36 PM »

*****************************************20 MIN BREAK********************************************

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2008, 08:28:29 PM »

We're down to just 60 players...the end of the day is truly already in sight as the plan is to play to 54 (where the money starts).  If you've forgotten about the money, then here it is, the payout list:

1st    £70,362
2nd    £39,836
3rd    £24,897
4th    £17,320
5th    £14,072
6th    £9,742
7th    £7,577
8th    £5,412
9th    £4,330
10th    £3,031
11th    £3,031
12th    £3,031
13th    £3,031
14th    £2,165
15th    £2,165
16th    £2,165
17th    £2,165
18th    £2,165

19th to 27th    £1,500
28th to 36th    £1,250
37th to 45th    £1,000
46th to 54th    £750

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2008, 08:29:14 PM »

I'm afraid Julian has fallen by the wayside and is OUT. No details, I'll find out what happened when I catch up with him.

60 players left, 6 more eliminations and we will have our final 54 players which will bring a close to today's activities...

Myself and Jen are off to catch the action. Back soon!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »

Tumbling head first towards the bubble, here's the exit of one of those nearly-theres... Daniel Rudd, like so...

He raised preflop to 6,300, called by big blind Pål Knudsen.
Flop:  Two Clubs  Check; check
Turn:   Check to Rudd who bet 7k.  Knudsen called.
River:   Now Knudsen bet out 10k.  After a deliberate self count, an impassive Rudd moved all in for around 40k total.  Into a big dwell, Knudsen thought and twitched and flashed his cards to some dudes on the rail behind him (not a word said by any of them, though).  Eventually he shouted, "Call!"  and was rewarded with a muck by Rudd who just quietly exited while Knudsen raked in a big pot and shouted what sounded like, "Hey HO Hey, Yes!  Yes! Bambambam!"  In fact, that's exactly what he said, with some hand clapping and table slapping for good measure.  Pictured, looking calmer than he was.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2008, 08:44:44 PM »

We approach the finish with no signs of the frnatic action abating.

First off, we had Erik Borkvik riaisng to 6.5k from middle position. A shortstack re-raised allin and Erik was priced in to call with his K-J. The shortstack was in good shape to double up with Q-Q and this continued with a flop of .

A killer blow was delat on the turn though as the fell and an irrelevant on the river meant we lose one more combatant as the number of runners falls to 57...

I also found out about Julian's exit hand...

He raised it up with and was called in one spot. The flop came and both players checked. The turn was the Two Diamonds and Julian checked once more only to find his opponent betting 12k. Julian now check raised allin for 40k or so....long dwell from his opponent who finally called with , no spade.

A very brave call and a spade-less, 6-less river meant that Julian's tournament was over!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2008, 08:49:22 PM »

I also found out about Julian's exit hand...

He raised it up with and was called in one spot. The flop came and both players checked. The turn was the Two Diamonds and Julian checked once more only to find his opponent betting 12k. Julian now check raised allin for 40k or so....long dwell from his opponent who finally called with , no spade.

A very brave call and a spade-less, 6-less river meant that Julian's tournament was over!!

imo

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2008, 08:51:59 PM »

55 players remain now meaning its

Click to see full-size image.

- time folks!

ariston

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »

Tumbling head first towards the bubble, here's the exit of one of those nearly-theres... Daniel Rudd, like so...

River:   Now Knudsen bet out 10k.  After a deliberate self count, an impassive Rudd moved all in for around 40k total.  Into a big dwell, Knudsen thought and twitched and flashed his cards to some dudes on the rail behind him (not a word said by any of them, though).  Eventually he shouted, "Call!"  and was rewarded with a muck by Rudd who just quietly exited while Knudsen raked in a big pot and shouted what sounded like, "Hey HO Hey, Yes!  Yes! Bambambam!"  In fact, that's exactly what he said, with some hand clapping and table slapping for good measure.  Pictured, looking calmer than he was.

my next x wife is there in the background. NAS alert- come on kev get us some pics of the lovely valet.......large JD in it if you can get a pic of her blowing me a kiss Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2008, 09:00:19 PM »

Rolf Galåsen is the player who finished 56th to precipitate the bubble, his K-8 shove with a shortstack failing to outdraw the A-K of his opponent Steffen Kongelf...

Here is nearly man Rolf, watching events with johnny Lodden, shortly after his exit.

JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2008, 09:04:25 PM »

The torture of the bubble has been lessened slightly with the news that Expekt.com, sponsors of the event, will provide free entry to next year's event to any norwegian who finishes on the bubble. This announcement was met with a massive round of applause from the ever effusive band of norwegians drinking and playing.

Not to be outdone, Simon Trumper just announced that DTD will kindly buy any home-grown bubbler into the 300£ DTD event. His announcment was met with considerably more hushed tones from the British contingent, perhaps as only 4 of the remaining 55 players are from the UK! Nonetheless there was a respectful if muted ripple of applause at DTD's generosity.

The bubble continues...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:45 PM »

Despite it being hand-for-hand currently, I've managed to watch no fewer than three called all-ins play out, but each time the short stack doubled up.  Once it was a very short 7k shove from Joachim Lundgård Thorkildsen, called blind by big blind Robin Reed (blinds are 1,200/2,400)....
Thorkildsen: 
Reed: 
Though Reed had an up'n'down straight draw on the turn, he missed his outs on the river and the game continued.

Meanwhile Øyvind Larsen doubled up in a much more adamant way after shoving pre for 25,500 with and being called by bb Bjørn Andre Hovden with .  Only quads for the Jacks by the end as the board came two spades .

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »

LOL at Floppy's video... that's definitely what the bubble needs.  Actually I think there are a good number of these still in...

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2008, 09:16:30 PM »

What a mental day!!! Wouldn't it be wise to play on today rather than call everyone back again tomorrow? Any reason why DTD wouldn't do this?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AgentChip109

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2008, 09:17:21 PM »

apparently very bad etiquette from this guy. danny boy is not happy. somehow the guy has made a call wiv   and started to scream and shout in his face

Edgy811 - Party, Full Tilt, Pokerstars
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2008, 09:21:48 PM »

Pål Knudsen just raised it up form the cut off, only to find the relatively shortstacked, and one of the few remaining Brits Andrew Shepherd re-raising allin from the BB for 30k more...

"Bubble Simon bubble!!!" said Andrew enthusiastically, "I don't careI get a seat in the £300 event anyway!"

Eventually Pal passed two spades and Andrew showed him .

Here is Pal assessing his options and the eager rail wondering if this will be the bubble.(bonus norkage hidden away in the photo...)

And Andrew Shepherd after adding to his stack and continuing to fly the flag for Britain...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: