blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Apologies
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apologies  (Read 4500 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »

I know the Blonde Bash is supposed to be a friendly affair but at times the demons in us rise up unexpectedly.

As a result I'd like to apologise to my table and young Steelio in particular. I played a particularly dirty trick on Steelio - he made a flush on the end in one hand we were in, he bet out strong (say 200 into a 400 or so pot, so I knew he had it). Anyway, after much speech play, and feigning as if to fold, I slow rolled him in the most objectionable way by calling hard for the full 200 with my made full house on the end. Didn't even show him the respect of raising him !

That'll learn the young 'uns proper. Lucky I didn't give him the full 'f*** your entire life routine' :-)

Was on a bit of a timeline that weekend so feel like I really missed out on the full flava. Lovely to spend a bit of time with Rudders at the table (an old sparring partner in a 'he's a better sparrer than me' way from Tribeca). Nice to meet Claire at the table too.

Nice to chat with Suzanne, Ginger, Robert, Rod for a bit, and to see a few old faces around like Paul, Charmaine, and Flushy looking absolutely splendid I thought - where's the chubby, scruffy fella gone ? Gone all Bond on us.. 'My name is Flush... Royal Flush'.

Had a passing chat and Hi with quite a few others and feel I owe it to myself to make sure I wade in proper at the next BB and give it the full weekend treatment.

Like many others, want to give full thanks and respect to the people who work so hard to make these things tick so beautifully - Kev, Ginger, Robert, Tikay (and others I'm sure)- I appreciate it

sola virtus nobilitat
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 09:53:08 PM »

LOL steele told me about the comedy slowroll, but also said you were first class comedy at the table.

everytime i looked over you 2 were cracking up.
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 09:54:21 PM »

u might have done him a favour not raising he might have paid u lol
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 09:55:01 PM »

Abs comedy

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »

And I really am a full on super biz management guru :-) so if you boys need any help with your homeworks then it's me you need... FTW !

Take good care of your hair now boys :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 10:38:02 PM »

Good to see you again nirvana

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Steelio

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 11:53:31 PM »

Apology accepted Nirvana, although it wasnt that annoying as you didnt even realise you had the FH till cctv pointed it out i think. Anyway it was enjoyable on that table and thanks for the laughs, i enjoyed you calling my all in 93 on a 775 flop
JungleCat03
Insidious underminer
Learning Centre Group

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 02:53:21 PM »

I know the Blonde Bash is supposed to be a friendly affair but at times the demons in us rise up unexpectedly.

As a result I'd like to apologise to my table and young Steelio in particular. I played a particularly dirty trick on Steelio - he made a flush on the end in one hand we were in, he bet out strong (say 200 into a 400 or so pot, so I knew he had it). Anyway, after much speech play, and feigning as if to fold, I slow rolled him in the most objectionable way by calling hard for the full 200 with my made full house on the end. Didn't even show him the respect of raising him !

That'll learn the young 'uns proper. Lucky I didn't give him the full 'f*** your entire life routine' :-)

Was on a bit of a timeline that weekend so feel like I really missed out on the full flava. Lovely to spend a bit of time with Rudders at the table (an old sparring partner in a 'he's a better sparrer than me' way from Tribeca). Nice to meet Claire at the table too.

Nice to chat with Suzanne, Ginger, Robert, Rod for a bit, and to see a few old faces around like Paul, Charmaine, and Flushy looking absolutely splendid I thought - where's the chubby, scruffy fella gone ? Gone all Bond on us.. 'My name is Flush... Royal Flush'.

Had a passing chat and Hi with quite a few others and feel I owe it to myself to make sure I wade in proper at the next BB and give it the full weekend treatment.

Like many others, want to give full thanks and respect to the people who work so hard to make these things tick so beautifully - Kev, Ginger, Robert, Tikay (and others I'm sure)- I appreciate it

This is exactly what I would expect a wealthy self-made man to say.

Great to see you again mate and reminisce about the old days whilst creating carnage that we can reminisce about in the future!!

"In darker days Jason Robinson found God. But that was after God found Jason Robinson."
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2008, 09:04:46 PM »

This is exactly what I would expect a wealthy self-made man to say.

One of my only posts not to mention it and you do. Too funny Mr Cat :-) :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
cctv

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 10:09:45 PM »

The worst thing Nirvana was the fact that you nearly passed and cos it was such a cheap bet you had to call with what you thought was just a set on a 4 heart board.  its a good job you called and showed your cards or else i would of not been able to help you.  sorry steelio, but as i took the mick out o Nirvana all night i had to give him something back in return.

the star of cctv will be watching you!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: