blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:00:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Rob's Home Game II
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob's Home Game II  (Read 65507 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2005, 06:25:20 AM »

Sorry for the lack of updates on the home game, we had over 50 people here and we were all very busy trying to orgainse everything. We finished the comp at 5am and then played pool for a few hours. me and Nick had to sort sleeping arrangements out for 8 people and Simon Zach and Chubby Nowab ended up having to share a double bed at my house! The final results were:

Michael "dont call me Bepe" Grecho - £9000
Steve "A2 Womble" Warmsley - £5000
Me £3000
George "Cigar" Cleary £2000
Simon "Chubby" Nowab £1000

I think everyone had a great night and thanks to everyone who helped me and Nick

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 12:43:38 PM by robyong » Logged
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2005, 12:39:59 PM »

Rob, thanks for a great time and you wonderful hospitality.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2005, 01:02:03 PM »

I had a fantastic time at Rob's, it's an experience just to see his house, it's nice to see someone defy convention and do things their own way

The hospitality was first class, everything laid on, we were really well looked after, mainly thanks to Nick's Mum (I tried to pull her but she was having none of it) and Rob's Dad, who stood out in the rain to do us a barbecue, I liked him as soon as I met him, straight forward, very friendly, but you could tell he wouldn't stand for any messing

During the barbecue and firework display, Rob's sister put in an appearance; she obviously doesn't take after Rob because she was very beautiful

The game itself was one of the most enjoyable I have ever played, top class players, wonderful atmosphere, great banter and rivalry, and an excellent structure that allowed for plenty of play. I would love to do it again but the buy in is a bit salty for my modest means, I'll be giving the satellites my best shot though

If the home game is anything to go by, Rob's card room will be amazing; I really hope he can make it work

Thanks for a great day

The older I get, the better I was.
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2005, 01:27:03 PM »

is anyone doing a full report, i would be very interested in reading one??
i was a bit disappointed there wasn't an update, but you lot have fun..........don't worry about us Cry

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2005, 01:34:26 PM »

is anyone doing a full report, i would be very interested in reading one??
i was a bit disappointed there wasn't an update, but you lot have fun..........don't worry about us Cry

I wasn't there either, but this was an update of sorts. Plans for more were de-railed by Tikay's brush with the law.

I think a lot of pictures are following, but said Tikay is on way to Amsterdam

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2005, 01:38:48 PM »

I know  Cheesy

There were plans for more, but tikay needed a lie down. It's an age thing

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2005, 04:13:39 PM »

I think Snooyp said he was going to write something.

But that was before he turned professional.......

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2005, 05:55:52 PM »

Cheers for the hospitality Rob, a great weekend was had by all. I enjoyed meeting a few new faces (one in particular who is for me the new blonde pinup  Kiss) and loved the little sitngo we had for a seat- I know Malc was enjoying my rubdowns deep down and is very worried how I was naming his hands lol. The whole weekend was great fun and as usual I managed to outplay myself putting on a very sophistacted play against mr burns who just couldn't pass his aces  Cheesy I will write a report at a later time but after just getting back home I am in need of sleep. Next time there is a home game everything should be dropped as it really is the best event to attend either playing or railing.
PS message from Colchester Kev- he has 600 pukka pies various flavours to shift- also comes with £400 worth of 5/10/20ps...best offer accepted.

ariston

better lucky than good
-bw-

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2005, 06:06:55 PM »

Cheers for the hospitality Rob, a great weekend was had by all. I enjoyed meeting a few new faces (one in particular who is for me the new blonde pinup  Kiss) and loved the little sitngo we had for a seat- I know Malc was enjoying my rubdowns deep down and is very worried how I was naming his hands lol. The whole weekend was great fun and as usual I managed to outplay myself putting on a very sophistacted play against mr burns who just couldn't pass his aces  Cheesy I will write a report at a later time but after just getting back home I am in need of sleep. Next time there is a home game everything should be dropped as it really is the best event to attend either playing or railing.
PS message from Colchester Kev- he has 600 pukka pies various flavours to shift- also comes with £400 worth of 5/10/20ps...best offer accepted.

Who is Mr Burns?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2005, 06:14:20 PM »

Wow !

Are the hands significant ?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »

Just a line to thank Rob for a great day out thoroughly enjoyed myself even tho I managed to bubble and Rob made me lay down JJ with J5- lol a nice move. Everyone was really nice and the hospitality was first class.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »

Thanks to the belated onset of jetlag I made an early exit after missing out on 2 satellites.  After barely staying awake while driving back home I managed to sleep for about 14 hours!!!

Anyhow, thanks to Rob for the hospitality and a fun day which sounded like it got better after I left (hope the 2 are unrelated events!)  Hopefully I'll stick around longer at any future events.

Nice to meet a few more Blondites too (Ariston, Karabiner, Snoppy/Spoony/small white beagle, Nick W to name a few).

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2017, 01:08:44 PM »

Those were the days...

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »

Those were the days...

Most shocking part of this thread is realising it's nearly 8 (eight!) years since ifm last posted on the forum.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2017, 09:15:17 PM »

I was doing the first year of my A-Levels whilst all this was going on Tongue

Been well over a decade since I last came across the term "bluetooth camera"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: