blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:55:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  spots what make my head hurt
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: spots what make my head hurt  (Read 2188 times)
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »

Hand that just came up in a satellite, payout structure is 17/72 (nearly 1/4) of field win a seat. This is the fourth hand of the satellite, spots like this come up quite often in these and i'm still not sure how best to handle them. I'm fairly sure passing is correct in this instance as the payouts are closer to a stt than an mtt, but in a satellite where one in 7/8/9/10 get a seat is but is that too nitty.

Full Tilt Poker Game #6572106721: Satellite to $40K Guarantee (49457005), Table 7 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 13:15:13 ET - 2008/05/26
Seat 1: pechka111 (1,860)
Seat 2: Morp (1,455)
Seat 3: fRonTILT (1,455)
Seat 4: Doh-Nutzz (1,470)
Seat 5: dino1980 (1,500)
Seat 6: ult1mo (1,470)
Seat 7: grafgreif (915)
Seat 8: Krazy-Nuts (975)
Seat 9: BuckyAW (2,400)
Doh-Nutzz posts the small blind of 15
dino1980 posts the big blind of 30
The button is in seat #3
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to dino1980 [As ]
ult1mo calls 30
grafgreif calls 30
Krazy-Nuts calls 30
BuckyAW folds
pechka111 folds
Morp has 15 seconds left to act
Morp raises to 150
fRonTILT folds
Doh-Nutzz calls 135
Dino1980:??

Cold calling 10% OOP multi-way seems spewy and there's also the chance that one of the two short stack limpers shoves. Re-raising all-in seems horrible too as i'm almost certain i only get called by JJ+,A-K. Damn I hate these spots.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:26:31 PM by dino1980 » Logged
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »

I've made a few comments recently about my thoughts on AQ (i.e a fukn hate the hand).There are only 4 hands that your losing to so a fold at this point would seem a weak play imho.

Say you where to call and the limpers all fold and you see a flop of AJ4 what would your play be personally i would probably lead out say 2/3 of the pot i would probably be happy to see him fold as im happy to take the pot down.If he flats it im now re-assing where i am in the hand.Im now also losing to aj jj and 44(not a hand id put him on but pos seen as i dont know the player) has me crushed and a4(obviously very unlikerly he has this) also has me beat.If he puts a raise in a would no longer be happy at all with my hand and unless something about his raise seemed fishy to me (the size of his raise i mean by this) i would probably fold as i dont see what im really beating here i guess he could have weaker ace but would he raise with it.I post this with interest in someone else possibly saying where i'm possibly going wrong with this hand.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 06:50:38 PM »

There are only 4 hands that your losing to so a fold at this point would seem a weak play imho.

pardon? I make it 14 hands

OOP in a satellite its a fold I think

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:59:24 PM »

fold
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 07:27:30 PM »

There are only 4 hands that your losing to so a fold at this point would seem a weak play imho.

pardon? I make it 14 hands

OOP in a satellite its a fold I think

50/50 against any underpair but yes your right at that point you are losing, my point was there's only 4 hands that would have you in trouble.It seems a tight play to me to be folding pre if it was close to the point where you'd be winning the seat then i'd be folding but at such an early stage this seems to nitty to me.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 12:44:24 AM »

hate flat calling this shallow, no initiative, no information, meh. prolly a jam is best.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 12:47:48 AM »

hate flat calling this shallow, no initiative, no information, meh. prolly a jam is best.

Fair point but id be more leaning towards a fold then jamming ur guna win 200 chips to any worse hand as theyd fold or be losing ur stack most likely dominated if called.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 12:54:39 AM »

you can't jam this early with nothing invested! You'll only get called if you are dominated or if lucky racing JJ or something, and the risk reward to win so few chips is skewed. Its a sat where 1/4 of the field ship a seat, its about avoiding races at best this early and only taking them when really necessary or the seat is locked up

Got to fold.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 01:53:21 AM »

what the hell? Its nowhere near the payout bubble, so we are still very much in chip accumulation mode.

Raiser has raised from late position and we pick up not 200 chips, but 400 chips, which is augmenting our stack by 30% when it works. With it being a satellite our fold equity is amplified as he can only call with a tiiiiny bit of his range. I agree fold is probably default optimal play, but a jam is nowhere near bad.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 03:46:53 AM »

Fold mega flat payout structure mean that chips preservaiton is far more key than accumulation. You could easily show a profit in this type of sat by waiting to play push/fold poker but of course it is better to sit there and play nittty to get a good safeish double up.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:05 AM »

a very weak fold for me thanks..I'll safe my chips

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 11:14:10 AM »

LOL MUST READ ORIGINAL POST PROPLY DIDNT SEE THAT THE SB HAD ALSO CALLED THE RAISE MAKING A FLAT CALL DEFINITLY NOT SOMETHING A WOULD BE LOOKING TO DO NOW.I THINK NEITHER PLAY IS THE WRONG 1 HERE AS GOING OVER THE TOP YOU COULD GET AK TO FOLD SO ONLY 3 HANDS CRUSHING YOU AND ALTHOUGH A DONT LIKE RACING AT THIS POINT IN A SAT OPP MAY ALSO PASS OR HERE.ID PROBABLY FOLD SEEN AS I CANT WIN WHATEVA SPOT I FIND MYSELF IN WITH AQ.

LEFT CAPS ON 4 BIT A CUDNT BE ARSED TO REWRITE THE START AGAIN
UpTheMariners

We Only Sing When We're Fishing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 12:42:32 PM »

id fold this in a normal mtt and sng at this stage.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 01:23:15 PM »

LOL MUST READ ORIGINAL POST PROPLY DIDNT SEE THAT THE SB HAD ALSO CALLED THE RAISE MAKING A FLAT CALL DEFINITLY NOT SOMETHING A WOULD BE LOOKING TO DO NOW.I THINK NEITHER PLAY IS THE WRONG 1 HERE AS GOING OVER THE TOP YOU COULD GET AK TO FOLD SO ONLY 3 HANDS CRUSHING YOU AND ALTHOUGH A DONT LIKE RACING AT THIS POINT IN A SAT OPP MAY ALSO PASS OR HERE.ID PROBABLY FOLD SEEN AS I CANT WIN WHATEVA SPOT I FIND MYSELF IN WITH AQ.

LEFT CAPS ON 4 BIT A CUDNT BE ARSED TO REWRITE THE START AGAIN

FORT ID MENTION I PUT 8 THEN AN S AS IN EIGHTS CLEARLY THERES NO WAY U CUD GET ANY ONE TO PASS THE 8 OR 9 OF SPADES NOT EVEN THE NITTIES OF NITS WOULD BE FOLDING. thumbs up
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »

your caps lock still not fixed, no? Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: