blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:44:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  A challenge to Sofa King
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A challenge to Sofa King  (Read 1689 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2008, 03:34:13 PM »

Right then lets get this straight. At no point did I think that Sofa's Cyrprus challenge was going to go ahead so I don't feel scammed in any way.

I would've gladly sponsored him to carry this out and I think it's a shame that he's not doing it because the charity is missing out. It seems to me like the challenge got a bit carried away and went on a bit too long.

I hope you're not feeling smug about fooling people Sofa because that's how it comes across. Nobody believed you dude and now you have to do something to redeem yourself.

If you want so much as a penny out of me then I need you to carry out the challenge that you said you were actually going to do. Get yourself on your mate's boat, get in the pool with flippers, life jacket and funny glove things on and stay in there swimming and having food thrown at you periodically until it has gone all the way around Cyprus. You can have your body board thing to sleep on but that's it. You touch the edge of the pool once and you lose.

It's still a challenge doing this because I'm sure it'll take a few days. If you do this I will donate $300 to your chosen charity. You don't get a penny for yourself but the charity gets the $300. I've picked this figure because I was going to bet $1000 with you and you said the charity would get 30% of your winnings.

The condition that I put on this is that me and my mate Stu can be on the boat for the whole trip to make sure that it gets done properly.

Are any of the other scammed ones up for this? I still think it's a difficult challenge. Not worthy of a bet but definitely worthy of a charitable donation / sponsorship.

Are you up for it Sofa? It's a chance to redeem yourself.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 03:48:04 PM »

Right then lets get this straight. At no point did I think that Sofa's Cyrprus challenge was going to go ahead so I don't feel scammed in any way.

I would've gladly sponsored him to carry this out and I think it's a shame that he's not doing it because the charity is missing out. It seems to me like the challenge got a bit carried away and went on a bit too long.

I hope you're not feeling smug about fooling people Sofa because that's how it comes across. Nobody believed you dude and now you have to do something to redeem yourself.

If you want so much as a penny out of me then I need you to carry out the challenge that you said you were actually going to do. Get yourself on your mate's boat, get in the pool with flippers, life jacket and funny glove things on and stay in there swimming and having food thrown at you periodically until it has gone all the way around Cyprus. You can have your body board thing to sleep on but that's it. You touch the edge of the pool once and you lose.

It's still a challenge doing this because I'm sure it'll take a few days. If you do this I will donate $300 to your chosen charity. You don't get a penny for yourself but the charity gets the $300. I've picked this figure because I was going to bet $1000 with you and you said the charity would get 30% of your winnings.

The condition that I put on this is that me and my mate Stu can be on the boat for the whole trip to make sure that it gets done properly.

Are any of the other scammed ones up for this? I still think it's a difficult challenge. Not worthy of a bet but definitely worthy of a charitable donation / sponsorship.

LOL, translated as: "I posted the most on the other thread and even though a couple of my posts ended in 'i'm sure this is a wind up' i was pretty much taken in by the whole thing and look like a bit of a plumb"!

the one constant in both threads though is the fact that you and your mate Stu appear desperate to go on holiday together, just go!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

LOL, translated as: "I posted the most on the other thread and even though a couple of my posts ended in 'i'm sure this is a wind up' i was pretty much taken in by the whole thing and look like a bit of a plumb"!

the one constant in both threads though is the fact that you and your mate Stu appear desperate to go on holiday together, just go!

Plumb?? Harsh! I really don't feel like a plumb to be fair. Check my posts carefully. I knew it was impossible but I thought if he was genuine it would be a huge achievement no matter how long it took.

I'm genuine here. I'll donate $300 if Sofa does this in the way he said he intended to. In a pool on a boat. It's still an achievement.

And yes me and Stu are going on holiday. This would just help us to decide where to go  Grin

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 05:23:50 PM »

We want a cheap cruise with a bit of on-board entertainment

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 05:37:39 PM »

i dont think any of you realise after just a few posts on the subject i had already pm'd maureen with my intentions,  way before it got out of hand,im sure she will verify this and then tikay new of my intentions straight away,,,,
nice offer to give $300 to a charity of my choice,sseriously if someone got a sensible challange like dressing up in all the gear or something i would do it,but rather go and buy the wet suit etc,i would rather donate that money to a good cause,,,nice ideas,..,.,
                                      i dont feel bad about saying i was doing it for charity as in my eyes i was.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

We want a cheap cruise with a bit of on-board entertainment

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 06:25:23 PM »

i dont think any of you realise after just a few posts on the subject i had already pm'd maureen with my intentions,  way before it got out of hand,im sure she will verify this and then tikay new of my intentions straight away,,,,
nice offer to give $300 to a charity of my choice,sseriously if someone got a sensible challange like dressing up in all the gear or something i would do it,but rather go and buy the wet suit etc,i would rather donate that money to a good cause,,,nice ideas,..,.,
                                      i dont feel bad about saying i was doing it for charity as in my eyes i was.,.,.,

No worries dude. Like I said I didn't think it was going to happen. It was unfair of me to say that nobody believed you though because clearly they did. I certainly believed that you were hoping to do your challenge but I didn't believe it was possible.

Do you want to do something a bit more simple for your charity? I don't mind donating a few hundred but I need vfm and an excuse to come to sunny Cyprus.

Otherwise let me know where the $10 needs to go and it's away. It's worth it for the entertainment. I mean where did you get the hand fins idea from??

Genius

.......... and almost plausible Grin

sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 08:18:07 PM »

the hand fin thingys i seen years   ago.,.,when my son went to swimming lessons and i just .,.,personally thought they were to make you go faster lol.,.,.,
details of where to send the$10 to follow to be honest mate i thought there might have been a few more $10 comming in.,.,there you go.,.,.,.,.,why not just come to cyprus,i could meet you for a beer and show you a few places.,.,.,toga,togas pretty good.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 10:47:09 AM »

Problem is you can't go around the island of cyprus in a boat, something to do with the occupying army in the north....

That is why this prop bet was never going to happen.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: