blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:28:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Vegas Direct Flights
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Direct Flights  (Read 4120 times)
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2008, 06:43:05 AM »

So having just missed out on my WSOP qualifying I'm now trying to book my Vegas trip for later in the year.

Started with usual over at expedia looking initially to book something for late November.  Click on the button to change flights and scroll along to Virgin as usual and the option for direct flights isn't there anymore Sad.  Nore is it there for any of the other flight operators they offering.

Tried again for Mid/late September and same deal.  Tried to check out the Virgin-atlantic website to see if I can book flights via them but just gives me notice about not being able to get flight details for those dates. 

Anyone heard anything about why Virgin or anyone else wouldn't be offering direct flights in the near future?

Stu
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 09:14:15 AM »

Why go direct and pay 30% more?

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »

Searches bring up flights ok on the virgin site for me.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »

you are checking flights from Gatwick?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 02:09:02 PM »

you fail at internet.

virgin flights available direct late nov. £550 though

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Solver

I don't like to fold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 08:07:47 AM »

Ok, agreed.  Expedia and Virgin now showing the flights now.  I'm going to have to assume I wasn't doing anything dumb and the Virgin site just didn't have the information available at the time.  Smiley

Hopefully get something booked before days out.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 08:11:59 AM »

True. I was checking prices last night as hoping to go with a few mates for my 21st in november - it was just over £500 for flights and hotel for 10 nights, not direct but including all taxes. That was for a couple on strip.

HI HELEN!
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 08:20:59 AM »

True. I was checking prices last night as hoping to go with a few mates for my 21st in november - it was just over £500 for flights and hotel for 10 nights, not direct but including all taxes. That was for a couple on strip.

Don't forget Thanks giving on the 27th, possibly why it is a little more expensive.

Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 08:23:14 AM »

Don't forget Thanks giving on the 27th, possibly why it is a little more expensive.
I wouldn't call £500 for 10 nights and flights expensive tbh. And i am going for my 21st, not on the 21st... looking to go 14th-24th.

HI HELEN!
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 08:36:20 AM »

Fair enougth just trying to be helpful.

I usually pay around 300/ 360 for both of us ( F/O) direct and have paid a lot less too. Depends what youare willing to pay I guess

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 10:53:51 AM »

I usually spend a good few days searching for my cheap flights but have not got the time at the minute to fully concentrate for you, but not too sure if you have looked at this link, if you try hard enough to find the deals they are usually available.

Happy hunting.

xx

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2008, 07:39:37 PM »

Rooks, book it about 4-6 weeks before intended date of travel and you probably won't pay more than £400
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 03:20:02 PM »

Rooks, book it about 4-6 weeks before intended date of travel and you probably won't pay more than £400

Cheers - was going to book it mid month next month but will hold out now if you think it will go down. Ta.

HI HELEN!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 04:08:16 PM »

why go via a stop over and have to change flights and poss miss connection for 30% less?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2008, 10:46:10 PM »

Cheers - was going to book it mid month next month but will hold out now if you think it will go down. Ta.
Have a look on las vegas advisor too as it will state how many conventioneers are about. If it's only 500 now then probably very few for when you go.
It's always worth keeping an eye on the price as expedia offer ridic cheap deals now and again, have always found it cheapest 4-6 weeks before travel the 5 times i've gone though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: