blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:39:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  hundred push ups challenge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: hundred push ups challenge  (Read 16879 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

more great quotes here

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/Quotes
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2008, 08:47:16 AM »

Starting a challenge like this believing you will fail is absolutely pointless.

The only real reason to fail is your willingness to fail.

Reprogramme your belief system. You have to KNOW that if you put the work in you can do it. The effort and sacrifices made by different individuals may vary (ie your general weight or level of fitness may also need attention for you to be able to exercise this hard). If you start out with excuses or low expectations you're wasting your time.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »

Did my initial test tonight.

Six.

Oh yes, six.

I suspect I'll still be doing this thing at Christmas.

I thought I would be in a similar boat but so far I have kept to it just.....week 2 day 1 tonight. Helped enormously by my whippet like 12 year old son who pushed himself to 18 at the end of week 1 day 3

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »

Six.

Oh yes, six.

I thought I would be in a similar boat but so far I have kept to it just.....week 2 day 1 tonight. Helped enormously by my whippet like 12 year old son who pushed himself to 18 at the end of week 1 day 3

Good going Snatty!..Now, I believe you were going to post some more stuff in your diary? 

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2008, 01:57:50 PM »

Six.

Oh yes, six.

Good going Snatty!..Now, I believe you were going to post some more stuff in your diary? 

Tremendously busy this week in Germany..................might not get a post at all the way things are going. Might find time to do one tonight

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2008, 02:18:14 PM »

Just finished day 2 of week 1 and managed to do 30 on the last bit, quite chuffed.
Perhaps it is possible after all.....

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2008, 02:24:20 PM »

Just finished day 2 of week 1 and managed to do 30 on the last bit, quite chuffed.

Blatant "I have arms like Nadal" post imo.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2008, 02:41:30 PM »

Reprogramme your belief system. You have to KNOW that if you put the work in you can do it. The effort and sacrifices made by different individuals may vary (ie your general weight or level of fitness may also need attention for you to be able to exercise this hard). If you start out with excuses or low expectations you're wasting your time.

I'm quite envious of people with this mentality.  I'm not really a negative person, but I know I'm unfit and basically lazy.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to do it, but I find it hard to get started.  I'm sure if I could be programmed in some way where I'd already been doing it a month or perhaps some of my heavy frame was removed, I'd be more inclined, but I have a severe case of "can't be arsed" most of the time that I can't shake off, there's always something else I'd rather be doing, even if there's nothing else to actually do.

I feel slightly ashamed Cheesy

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »

It's only 10 minutes a day, three days a week!

I've taken up the challenge and do the push-ups just before I crash into bed.  Looking ahead to week 3's plan and it starts to get interesting...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »

week 2 day 2 quite hard for me. just had to have a little snooze
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2008, 03:25:01 PM »

I'm sure if I could be programmed in some way where I'd already been doing it a month or perhaps some of my heavy frame was removed, I'd be more inclined, but I have a severe case of "can't be arsed" most of the time that I can't shake off, there's always something else I'd rather be doing, even if there's nothing else to actually do.

I offer very reasonable rates  Tongue

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2008, 03:25:23 PM »

week 2 day 2 quite hard for me. just had to have a little snooze

Grin  You're a day ahead of me then.  Have you had a glance at next week's schedule?  Starts getting a bit serious

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »

It's only 10 minutes a day, three days a week!

I've taken up the challenge and do the push-ups just before I crash into bed.  Looking ahead to week 3's plan and it starts to get interesting...

All part of your better half's plan to make sure you're exhausted by the time you get to bed.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Blatant "I have arms like Nadal" post imo.

OMG.  I've not watched any tennis for about 10 years.  Yesterday morning I wouldn't have known Nadal from Adam (or anyone else for that matter) but bloody hell - had telly on yesterday and he is GORGEOUS isn't he?!    I do have a bit of a thing about nice strong arms too, but I didn't really notice his yesterday - was too busy being mesmirised by his rear view as he served from the bottom of my screen. 

OK, you can get back on topic now Cheesy

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2008, 05:20:31 PM »

I'm quite envious of people with this mentality.  I'm not really a negative person, but I know I'm unfit and basically lazy.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to do it, but I find it hard to get started.  I'm sure if I could be programmed in some way where I'd already been doing it a month or perhaps some of my heavy frame was removed, I'd be more inclined, but I have a severe case of "can't be arsed" most of the time that I can't shake off, there's always something else I'd rather be doing, even if there's nothing else to actually do.

you can self programme. look into NLP and research advice on self hypnosis and motivation. Unless you have a genuine physical impediment, generally it's only you self imposed resistance to success that's stopping you achieving something like this. In anything, setting small achievable goals is the best route to success. These should be thought of as levels rather than weeks because unless you're in pretty good shape already I don't believe 6 weeks is achievable, BUT the goal is achievable by anyone who sets their mind to it.

I'm starting officially monday because I have half a dozen students and half a dozen lads from work doing it together. We're all starting from level one rather than anyone skipping forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: