blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:04:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Michelle Orpe from pokernews...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelle Orpe from pokernews...  (Read 15018 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2008, 12:16:07 PM »

we cant discuss a hand when it is just 2 lines of text from a live update. Nobody knows the full facts of the hand, stack sizes blinds etc. Nobody knows the table dynamics.

what they did know was that Michelle apparently dwelled for a while before calling someones allin with AK. This means she must be either slowrolling or dumb according to some posters on here but yeh you're right boldie people can say what they like on here. I agree with ed in the fact several on here seem to be jealous of anyone who picks up a sponsorship deal who they consider to be not as good as they are- maybe if they werent such **nts all the time they would have gotten a deal by now.

lolz she is sponsored as well!?!??!?!??

Russ i didn't realise you had such a super duper edge in a TV crapshoot that you can fold a like 60/70 edge for 1/2 your chips, there was me thinking you had to win loads of races in those things.

again you are showing a lack of knowledge for the full facts james. Everything isn't just black and white and there are grey areas. If I was to tell you there was a live in running market on the event and I had backed myself in from 7.6 into favourite for every ammount available it may make you think outside the box (when three handed I was trading at 1.8 ).

So the dwell was whilst you traded it out?

You slowrolled T8 got some justice!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2008, 12:21:21 PM »

level 2 still 6 handed so yeh I dwelled so I could trade out. You really are clueless aren't you.

I traded out when three handed when I went odds on- the plan was to always get at least 3 handed by avoiding confrontation. If I had folded the AK I wouldve made it to the three handed stage a lot easier than I did.

ariston

better lucky than good
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2008, 12:27:36 PM »

may i suggest......

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2008, 12:29:33 PM »

If she was in the bb its an instacall - if she was in any other position she was right to take a bit of time as she might've got a squeeze.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

level 2 still 6 handed so yeh I dwelled so I could trade out. You really are clueless aren't you.

I traded out when three handed when I went odds on- the plan was to always get at least 3 handed by avoiding confrontation. If I had folded the AK I wouldve made it to the three handed stage a lot easier than I did.

So you agree unless you have a lumpy bet on yourself that you plan on trading it would be retarded to fold AK?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2008, 12:46:35 PM »

This is a silly thread. Michelle is pretty and that's all that matters imo.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »

This is why we get some stick sometimes for not laying big bets on poker markets.  In my opinion bets placed should not affect the actions of the players involved.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2008, 01:01:54 PM »

This is a silly thread. Michelle is pretty and that's all that matters imo.

finally!  I thought we'd never get there Cheesy

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2008, 01:14:06 PM »

AK is just ace high at the end of the day

pls no....

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 01:16:22 PM »

This is why we get some stick sometimes for not laying big bets on poker markets.  In my opinion bets placed should not affect the actions of the players involved.

IMO Players should be suspended from Betfair if they lay themselves off...and banned from the poker circuit...if only there was such a thing.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 01:20:41 PM »

AK is just ace high at the end of the day

pls no....

drawing had basically
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 01:25:30 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets. That was just one situation where flushy jumped in without knowing all the facts. There is nothing wrong with taking a few moments thought before deciding what to do with any hand. Its not like in a live game you have a timer running down and beeping at you to hurry up.

as for the suggestion I should be banned for laying myself off you are talking out your arse. I wouldve won a lot more if I hadnt lost heads up, all I did was lock in a nice profit in case I lost. I was the only one who had backed me before the heat and when I was CL 3 handed everyone else wanted to back me at much smaller odds- wouldve been foolish not to lay off.

ariston

better lucky than good
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 01:27:02 PM »

Never mind Orpe ... I am impressed that Russ can make bets on himself in running in a tv studio ... did they show you on the phone to your bookie on the telly ??

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »

Never mind Orpe ... I am impressed that Russ can make bets on himself in running in a tv studio ... did they show you on the phone to your bookie on the telly ??

yes you are correct I didnt lay myself off kev. However I had accidentally left my laptop at home with explicit instructions as to how much to lay off when I hit a certain price Wink After the heat I was so gutted but also didnt do my interview until after a I had checked at what price I traded and how much I had in my beer fund as a consolation prize. I would've won far more if I had won the heat but the blow of losing was still softened a little matey Wink

ariston

better lucky than good
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 01:42:07 PM »

I fold AK rgularly if the situation is right, nothing to do with bets.

So you would still fold a 13BB button jam to your AK BB on level 2 of a tournament?

You would still fold a 9BB open jam on level 6 of a tournament with AK?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: