blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:04:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Michelle Orpe from pokernews...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michelle Orpe from pokernews...  (Read 14935 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2008, 02:12:24 AM »

Lee Childs Eliminated
Lee Childs moved all in preflop for 3,400 and after was called by Michelle Orpe after she sat an thought about the hand for a while.

Childs:   
Orpe:   

Board:     

After the hand, someone asks Orpe, "you had to think that long with that?"

Apparently, Orpe does a show in England called Sky Poker.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:24:42 AM »

Michelle had AK fwiw and child j10o, i am good at the internet imo.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 12:54:46 PM »

Was it longer or shorter than Neil's slowroll dwell-up in Bristol with AK?

Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2008, 01:00:02 PM »

When did he dwell up with AK???

Least it wasn't as bad as his call/fold with JJ Cheesy

Still, alls well that ends well!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »

Was with 3 tables when that numpty kept open shoving for like 30BB with K hi etc, he dwelt with AK against his button shove! I was calling with A7+ in the SB!!

What were the blinds in the Orpe hand?

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2008, 01:08:23 PM »

Was with 3 tables when that numpty kept open shoving for like 30BB with K hi etc, he dwelt with AK against his button shove! I was calling with A7+ in the SB!!

What were the blinds in the Orpe hand?

Oh with the J7! Reason he dwelt was cos there was an all in and call at the other table and he wanted to know the outcome first (think you were playing hand for hand) Not sure what the blinds were when Orpe called

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2008, 02:01:13 PM »

Not sure what the blinds were when Orpe called

difficult to make a judgement without this info and stack sizes imo

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 02:02:20 PM »

What tournament was this? 
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2008, 02:12:33 PM »

What tournament was this? 

WSOP Event #48 - $2,000 NLHE

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2008, 02:35:05 PM »

AK isnt always an automatic call depending on stack sizes, and the stage of the tourney. If she had been able to jam I'm sure she would have done but to take the piss because of a dwell before a call is a bit harsh imo. Also lets be honest- the reports aren't always exactly accurate and it may have been raise, reraise and then decision to Michelle where she hasn't got anything invested in the pot, many people fold AK in that position.

ariston

better lucky than good
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »

AK isnt always an automatic call depending on stack sizes, and the stage of the tourney. If she had been able to jam I'm sure she would have done but to take the piss because of a dwell before a call is a bit harsh imo. Also lets be honest- the reports aren't always exactly accurate and it may have been raise, reraise and then decision to Michelle where she hasn't got anything invested in the pot, many people fold AK in that position.

lol someone shoves for less than 10BB early in a comp you telling me AK can sometimes be a fold?!?!?! Leave it out.

Celebs + Poker, gotta love it!

johnbhoy76

It's f***in boring after a while without the cards

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »

lol someone shoves for less than 10BB early in a comp you telling me AK can sometimes be a fold?!?!?! Leave it out.

Think you're making a bit of a snap judgement here based on half the information

How many chips did she have? 

If the guy is pushing with any sort of random nonsense then AK is not that far in front. and if it is for half your chips (or more) then it does deserve a moment to at least think about it.

If the opponent is fairly tight then bizarrely I think it is a far easier call as he/she is far more likely to be holding Ace something.

without all the info I don't see how anyone can say this is good/bad play

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 03:34:19 PM »

Based on the fact the blinda are 200/400- AK should never be a fold in this spot imho

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

Think you're making a bit of a snap judgement here based on half the information

If the guy is pushing with any sort of random nonsense then AK is not that far in front. and if it is for half your chips (or more) then it does deserve a moment to at least think about it.

If the opponent is fairly tight then bizarrely I think it is a far easier call as he/she is far more likely to be holding Ace something.

Errr no, its a snap call unless our opponenet so ridic tight that their range is made up of aces and kings alot of the time. This is hardly ever the case. If our oppo is shoving random stuff we are 65/35 to win against random low cards, that is not an edge anyone should be turning down.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 05:01:48 PM »

I would have thought it was the opposite. I'd rather call a maniac than a rock.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: