blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  State of the Forum
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Forum  (Read 30489 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »

Someone said.....(in jest, of course....)

I say ban the boy band its all their fault.   Oh and Boldie for being German.

And that's interesting. Well, it is, to me......

The Boy Band have a bit of edge & attitude, & they often sail very close to the wind, in fact, I imagine one or two of them have had the occasional spell in the blonde "cooler". But they are the most terrific bunch of lads, well-meaning, funny, just high-spirited lads enjoying themselves, & entertaining us while they do so. They are golden, & are exactly what this forum needs. You don't have to be good to be good. They are perfect blondes. My point, badly made, is that they often push the limits, but not maliciously, side-of-the-mouthedly, or sneakily. My only problem is that LeKnave fella - how can someone with the name "Dave Jones" call himself that?  And he's way too good-looking, albeit a tad effiminate. In their terminology.....

[ x ] boy band, world.

As to boldiie - I agree.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 18, 2008, 05:57:38 PM »

Hopefully the Blonde forum will continue for many years to come but I'm just a bit concerned about the family friendly idea and whether that means the end of norkage pics as we know them, this would be an awful mistake, I know for a FACT that Jeeves visited that Spearmint place in LV after seeing some of the T6 norkage and just think we wouldn't have had his wonderful diary if it wasn't for the Blonde forum.
Long live Blonde and if trouble makers have to be ejected so be it like Grandad TJ said the original goal posts were for a friendly atmosphere and that shouldn't have to change.

I plan to BAN all female norkage. I am going to ask the Mods to decide, we will have a show of hands.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 18, 2008, 06:01:02 PM »

Hopefully the Blonde forum will continue for many years to come but I'm just a bit concerned about the family friendly idea and whether that means the end of norkage pics as we know them, this would be an awful mistake, I know for a FACT that Jeeves visited that Spearmint place in LV after seeing some of the T6 norkage and just think we wouldn't have had his wonderful diary if it wasn't for the Blonde forum.
Long live Blonde and if trouble makers have to be ejected so be it like Grandad TJ said the original goal posts were for a friendly atmosphere and that shouldn't have to change.

I plan to BAN all female norkage. I am going to ask the Mods to decide, we will have a show of hands.

Hang on .... does that mean Male norkage will NOT be banned ??  I worry about you sometimes !

And Both my hands vote for Norkage ... and so do Janes !!

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »

I have one hand free, and it votes for norkage.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2008, 06:03:54 PM »

I feel a bit guilty about not playing more on blonde. Sure, I play all the promo jobbies and the Wednesday Donkathon for the craic, but I would love to make it my main site. I only play one MTT a day so I'm not gonna make you a fortune but I'd like blonde to benefit from my pastime, as much as my leisuretime benefits from blonde.

Fact is though, I just can't bring myself NOT to play the Boss €22 Deepstack each evening. If iPoker had a similarly structured tourney (5000 chips, all levels, 12-30 minutes level times and antes) I would happily migrate - perhaps they have but I've not spotted one.

Also, please can we have a weekly, seasonal league - nothing I enjoy more than pitting my fishy wits against people I know (both actually and virtually).

Good Post, & no arguments from me.

I'll have a word with Kev & Rich about the League. Playing against mates is the best fun to be had in poker.

As to the Boss Tourney, you have to play where you find the game to suit you. Hopefully, that will include blonde now & then.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 18, 2008, 06:05:40 PM »

Kev has a league planned for August and months after. We also have two seats for the APAT World at the Vic to give away in comps before the end of August. and Sportsman, Equal Chance and I hope one other festival venue main event sats coming each month

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 18, 2008, 07:17:26 PM »

I'm going Crackers this Autumn.  Just thought I'd share that with everyone...

FYP

sponsored by Fyffes
cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 18, 2008, 08:25:27 PM »

wow!

internet down for a couple of days and i miss all the fun lol.

just read through the whole thread (though gutted i missed the deleted posts), very interesting reading.

as someone who is considered by many to be   "twat","stirrer","troublemaker"  of blonde posters i will post my twopenneth's worth at some point soon after i have digested all that has gone before me.

FYP  Wink

Whoa! None of that, please, smiley or not!

Sorry 
am sure ITB took it as the way it was intended
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2008, 10:43:38 AM »

Someone said.....(in jest, of course....)

I say ban the boy band its all their fault.   Oh and Boldie for being German.

And that's interesting. Well, it is, to me......

The Boy Band have a bit of edge & attitude, & they often sail very close to the wind, in fact, I imagine one or two of them have had the occasional spell in the blonde "cooler". But they are the most terrific bunch of lads, well-meaning, funny, just high-spirited lads enjoying themselves, & entertaining us while they do so. They are golden, & are exactly what this forum needs. You don't have to be good to be good. They are perfect blondes. My point, badly made, is that they often push the limits, but not maliciously, side-of-the-mouthedly, or sneakily. My only problem is that LeKnave fella - how can someone with the name "Dave Jones" call himself that?  And he's way too good-looking, albeit a tad effiminate. In their terminology.....

[ x ] boy band, world.

As to boldiie - I agree.

Instaban for TK, surely?...either that or a T-shirt for me Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: July 19, 2008, 01:29:06 PM »

wow!

internet down for a couple of days and i miss all the fun lol.

just read through the whole thread (though gutted i missed the deleted posts), very interesting reading.

as someone who is considered by many to be THE  "twat","stirrer","troublemaker"  of blonde posters i will post my twopenneth's worth at some point soon after i have digested all that has gone before me.

FYP  Wink

Whoa! None of that, please, smiley or not!

no problem at all cia i can take it im a big boy you know  Wink Grin

its the same as in the real world, you learn quickly who you can joke around without them taking offence, and you say to some what you wouldnt say to others.

pokerram

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 19, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »

Hi guys just realised ive been on this forum over 3 yrs now. All the blondes ive ever met in person or I have personal messaged as always responed in a positive way and are a great set of guys and dolls. The majority of us have got a dry sense of humour and like ribbing other members on the site. Always great support when railing Blondes in tourns too. As for the boyband all have always answered my messages even though i have never met them.( Although we do rib in the sporting games). My wife who as only ever posted on this site about twice really enjoys it too and was grateful for all the help when how youngest was in hosp. However, I noticed in recent mths some new posters  have posted and some of us have jumped down there throats although most tongue in cheek stuff. Surely we want to encourage new members to the forum and blondecard room for the prosperityof us all. We dont want to get like 2+2 forum where there are strict guidlines at the top of each topic. I appreciate all the mods work which must be very time consuming. Just wanted you all to know my view on some of these issues. Lets keep this family together instead of trying to tear it apart.
all the best loyal blonde member steve
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 19, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »

Just read this thread through.
Haven't noticed it recently getting worse, just thought it was same as usual i.e. some posts/posters you read but don't bother responding to as you know certain people will take it the wrong way, or will just want to argue.
As for the ads, have noticed the increase and while I wouldn't necessarily vote for them if asked (would anyone) they don't bother me and are are needed.
I hardly play any internet poker at all now,  a mixture of lack of time, apathy and tiredness, and i'm a very low raker. However, I have tried to play on blonde sometimes, and now play most of my stts on blonde.
Doesn't need me to say that most of the problems appear to originate from a very small minority.
Keep up the sterling work mods, it's not a job I would ever envy
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 21, 2008, 01:42:56 PM »

[X] ban op
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 21, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

A handful of troublemakers arrived, & started causing trouble on every possible occasion. And so the regulars stopped going there. Because they no longer enjoyed it.

We have to avoid that syndrome.
Tikay, that is a tremdous analogy, and one that many other forums should heed.
pokefast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: July 22, 2008, 03:11:20 PM »

A handful of troublemakers arrived, & started causing trouble on every possible occasion. And so the regulars stopped going there. Because they no longer enjoyed it.

We have to avoid that syndrome.
Tikay, that is a tremdous analogy, and one that many other forums should heed.

+1 this is soooooooo true.

Jon Woodfield is the cleverist man in Europe!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: