blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 09:26:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272882 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  State of the Forum
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Forum  (Read 30849 times)
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »

I don't post on Blonde much, though i read most days.

I have lots of blonde friends and i get far more from blonde than they get from me. I decided to post a message of agreement/support to Tony and the Blonde staff generally, but if i'm honest i can't quite find the words i want to say. So maybe just a plain Thank you will suffice and i hope this stance gets the result we all want (well who doesn't?).

Thank you,

Matt Tyler

+1....eloquently put

+2
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2008, 08:03:37 PM »

I felt I would my own blonde story to perhaps lift the sense of gloom and despondancy from the original post.

I first heard of blonde when I played in the side event of the Waterford Open in November 2007, I read all the updates on the site and regged and posted some replies. I also headed back over for the updates of the team event in Waterford in Feburary and again for the Irish Open. During the Waterford events I chatted with a few blondes and had some laughs, so while I was looking at the updates for the IO, I started browsing around the other forums. I stumbled across some of the 'In the Well' threads and also the Wednesday night tournaments with the extra blonde value run by Colchester Kev. I liked the general attitude of fun and by and large people who are v knowledgeable in the game.

Anyway I decided to make deposit of €100 onto blonde, played the Wednesday night tournament, and had good laugh with the banter etc in the thread, played another few and won a t-shirt on my 3rd attempt. Around this time I checked out the loyalty scheme and decided not to cash out the (decent enough) roll I had built on Blondepoker. Blondepoker is now my main client by a distance for playing on ipoker. True I dont post on the forum all that much, due to time constraints, but anytime I check it out I always find threads I enjoy.

Sorry if that post sounds a little braggy, its not meant to. Its just meant to let you know that some of your aims are being met.

KUGTW

Kev

Hi there, Kev (Kev Kehoe for those who are interested). Thanks for that post, I'm sure Kev and everyone at blonde appreciates your support. Even playing the odd cash game here and there can make a massive difference to the company's stability. It's a highly competitive market out there, so we need all the help we can get.

When are we going to see you on the live scene again?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:06:56 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
KevIRL

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »

I felt I would my own blonde story to perhaps lift the sense of gloom and despondancy from the original post.

I first heard of blonde when I played in the side event of the Waterford Open in November 2007, I read all the updates on the site and regged and posted some replies. I also headed back over for the updates of the team event in Waterford in Feburary and again for the Irish Open. During the Waterford events I chatted with a few blondes and had some laughs, so while I was looking at the updates for the IO, I started browsing around the other forums. I stumbled across some of the 'In the Well' threads and also the Wednesday night tournaments with the extra blonde value run by Colchester Kev. I liked the general attitude of fun and by and large people who are v knowledgeable in the game.

Anyway I decided to make deposit of €100 onto blonde, played the Wednesday night tournament, and had good laugh with the banter etc in the thread, played another few and won a t-shirt on my 3rd attempt. Around this time I checked out the loyalty scheme and decided not to cash out the (decent enough) roll I had built on Blondepoker. Blondepoker is now my main client by a distance for playing on ipoker. True I dont post on the forum all that much, due to time constraints, but anytime I check it out I always find threads I enjoy.

Sorry if that post sounds a little braggy, its not meant to. Its just meant to let you know that some of your aims are being met.

KUGTW

Kev

Hi there, Kev (Kevin Keo for those interested). Thanks for that post, I'm sure Kev and everyone at blonde appreciates your support. Even playing the odd cash game here and there can make a massive difference to the company's stability. It's a highly competitive market out there, so we need all the help we can get.

When are we going to see you on the live scene again?

Well Kev and the guys run a good ship, previously when I had login details Kev went and sorted for me via PM.

Will be back on the big game live scene in Oct for the 250,000K guarenteed event in Killarney - wearing my personalised blonde shirt (assuming its arrived by then! Tongue))

Have actually looked into trying to make it across the water to a blonde bash, but with a new mortgage, foreign poker trips are off the agenda for the time being, but sometime soon! Dice will be with me (thanks to Laxie)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 08:10:18 PM by KevIRL » Logged
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2008, 08:24:30 PM »

Good post Tony and some good responses (especially Matt's).

Can I just check something though (apologies if I'm asking stupid questions or being a bit thick) but is it just cash games on Blonde that help pay towards the forum?

Only I play quite a bit on the Blonde cardroom but mainly MTT's and STT's (very rarely cash as I'm no good at it, probably my main leak is cash so tend to only play very rarely and mainly just for fun if there's a lot of people on the table who I know).

Does playing MTT's etc. benefit the forum at all or is it really just the rake on cash games that pays?

I ask because I do enjoy the forum and would try to change my playing habits if it would be advantageous to the forum for me so to do.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2008, 08:26:50 PM »

Tourneys help as well. In a $10+$1 tournament, the $1 goes to Blonde (minus various deductions along the way).
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2008, 08:27:09 PM »

Can I just check something though (apologies if I'm asking stupid questions or being a bit thick) but is it just cash games on Blonde that help pay towards the forum?

Only I play quite a bit on the Blonde cardroom but mainly MTT's and STT's (very rarely cash as I'm no good at it, probably my main leak is cash so tend to only play very rarely and mainly just for fun if there's a lot of people on the table who I know).

Does playing MTT's etc. benefit the forum at all or is it really just the rake on cash games that pays?

I ask because I do enjoy the forum and would try to change my playing habits if it would be advantageous to the forum for me so to do.

All rake will count, mtt players don't produce that much rake compared to cash players and high volume stt players prob produce the most, sigh.
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2008, 08:34:51 PM »

Oh right thanks Mr T and Longy, I thought that was the case but wanted to check.

Phew I am glad as really are poor at cash but not bad at STT's for some reason.

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2008, 08:41:19 PM »

I have probably missed a lot of threads as hadn't picked up on the trend of the forum getting worse, or is it just a case of having enough of troublemakers and time wasters? As some of you know I am a mod elsewhere and hadn't appreciated up to now the stuff mods have to deal with. I find it odd that there are people out there that thrive on making troll like posts on forums and really can't get my head round why they waste their time and ours, but ever it is a funny old world.

My only other point on this thread is that the message is great if everyone reads it. Is it worth sending a pm to all Blondes to show a link to this thread? (or at least all of those that are on the verge of bans?)  

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:11:22 PM by Indestructable » Logged
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »

AFAIK we are the only forum not to delete it, so far.

When I read the post above, yesterday (from the facebook thread) it struck me there was still a significant difference between BP and most other forums.

I support your desire to improve Mr K, but I think where you are now isn't so bad.

Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2008, 09:07:11 PM »

All rake will count, mtt players don't produce that much rake compared to cash players and high volume stt players prob produce the most, sigh.

Many other considerations, like the live updates which we all seem to enjoy so much cannot be cheap and even with help from Willies I would expect still cost a fair bit.

I believe also that any added value on comps is paid by all skins on ipoker who run said comp. I'm sure that on occassion blonde may well have had to foot part of a bill which has been split between the skins for comps not reaching quota.

Without meaning to be too nosey, may I ask if this has been the case and if so, how costly can they be?

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2008, 09:08:44 PM »

Many other considerations, like the live updates which we all seem to enjoy so much cannot be cheap and even with help from Willies I would expect still ost a fair bit.

I believe also that any added value on comps is paid by all skins on ipoker who run said comp. I'm sure that on occassion blonde may well have had to foot part of a bill which has been split between the skins for comps not reaching quota.

Without meaning to be too nosey, may I ask if this has been the case and if so, how costly can they be?

Geo

Yes it is the case, costs vary, but to a small card room like ours, they sting !

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2008, 09:12:52 PM »

Tourneys help as well. In a $10+$1 tournament, the $1 goes to Blonde (minus various deductions along the way).

Yes, we're still a long way from tikay's chair lift though. Slowly but surely.
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2008, 09:13:17 PM »

Hopefully the Blonde forum will continue for many years to come but I'm just a bit concerned about the family friendly idea and whether that means the end of norkage pics as we know them, this would be an awful mistake, I know for a FACT that Jeeves visited that Spearmint place in LV after seeing some of the T6 norkage and just think we wouldn't have had his wonderful diary if it wasn't for the Blonde forum.
Long live Blonde and if trouble makers have to be ejected so be it like Grandad TJ said the original goal posts were for a friendly atmosphere and that shouldn't have to change.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 09:15:02 PM »

Hopefully the Blonde forum will continue for many years to come but I'm just a bit concerned about the family friendly idea and whether that means the end of norkage pics as we know them, this would be an awful mistake, I know for a FACT that Jeeves visited that Spearmint place in LV after seeing some of the T6 norkage and just think we wouldn't have had his wonderful diary if it wasn't for the Blonde forum.
Long live Blonde and if trouble makers have to be ejected so be it like Grandad TJ said the original goal posts were for a friendly atmosphere and that shouldn't have to change.

Mate, Norkage is a part of blonde ... snoopy doesnt do much, but Dana knows how to please the masses with a camera.  and I will always do my bit if I am at a venue ... NORKAGE STAYS Wink

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »

Mate, Norkage is a part of blonde ... snoopy doesnt do much, but Dana knows how to please the masses with a camera.  and I will always do my bit if I am at a venue ... NORKAGE STAYS Wink

Music to my ears.....Kev is da man..............

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: