blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617704 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3495 on: May 05, 2018, 12:44:48 AM »

Black Panther- Really enjoyed it, different spin on the usual Marvel stuff but action nonetheless solid 8+/10

Lost 2 points because the underclasses came out on top?

Grin

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: May 09, 2018, 04:20:41 PM »

Infinity War was brilliant, but the only thing I would recommend is that to truly understand the film properly, go back and watch all the others as there are little references here and there to pretty much all of them.

No spoilers here but it is a must watch. 9/10.

A Quiet Place was also brilliant. Don't expect to hear much though, the star of the show is the young deaf girl. It does have one downside though, the "villains" could have been a little bit better, but still definitely worth a watch. 8/10.

Didn't go and see Rampage in the end, opted for an escape game instead!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: May 12, 2018, 11:46:27 AM »

Loved Tully. Charlize Theron is fantastic in it.

Of course, Clarkson slates it in his column this morning. It's a right olfd dog egg. She should stick to kicking Ruskies in the face etc.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:50 PM »

Deadpool 2:

A few parts had me going WTF? Seemed a bit more toned down compared to the first one but was classic Deadpool really. Rude, crude, lots of 4th wall breaking, lots of references to other franchises/films. This one had more of a storyline though. If you liked the first one you'll like this. If you didn't then you won't, it's that simple.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: June 04, 2018, 10:12:21 PM »

Surprised how little love there's been for Solo. Ron Howard masterclass imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: June 04, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »

Surprised how little love there's been for Solo. Ron Howard masterclass imo.

Went to.  See.  Solo last. Friday week was shocked to see the large screening less than half full on virtual opening night.. a good offering and as a stand alone effort was pretty decent. Just couldnt relate to the character though.. just didnt feel like Han somehow..and the lad gave it a decent shot. Some nice star warsie touch’s ..chewie stole the show closely followed by the young Lando..

Usual crash bang wallop 6.5/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 04, 2018, 10:32:12 PM »

Death Wish

Bruce Wiilis stars in what seems an unnecessary remake of a classic. I’m not sure why they do this with such iconic movies..there never going to be better and no one does brooding anger better than Bronson.

The plot is exactly the same as the original with the mild mannered Doctor driven to exact revenge on anyone remotely dodgy after his wife and daughter are attacked in their home one night. Surprisingly the attack on the ladies is less brutal than the original sans rape.

Whilst you felt Bronson’s pain and could see how troubled he was as he sunk into despair only to rise from it thirsting for revenge Willis just passes all that by and goes into full terminator mode.

It all ends in fairly standard action fair..some quite nasty ends met for a few of the bad guys and in the end we just seemed to rush to the end to get it in under two hours

Worth a look if your bored and want a bit of mindless violence but all in all pretty average

5/10

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 04, 2018, 10:49:52 PM »

Dead Pool 2

The original was a breath of fresh air mixing comic book action with a character you would expect to despise.. but somehow our chirpy smart mouth anti hero struck a chord and a great success was had.

Reynolds is an excellent fit.. his delivery is spot on for this..i enjoyed him in Hitmans bodyguard too where he seemed to almost play the same character less the red jumpsuit.

A convoluted story sees our hero fall into despair at the loss of his love and then find purpose again in the protection of young troubled kid in possession of some kick ass powers he has trouble controlling. Enter a time travelling soldier of the future out to kill said juvenile as apparently he does for his wife and daughter some time in the future.. told you it was a bit sparse on the storyline Smiley

Some excellent action set pieces along with some troubling instances topped by when our hero has to grow his legs back with accompanying penis jokes.. touch south of the line and a bit cringe worthy but we will let it pass.

I was surprised it sneaked a 15.. especially as we had a C word slipped in there.. but some cracking one liners as you would expect and a boat load of blood guts and bangs

Decent follow up

7/10

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: June 04, 2018, 10:59:21 PM »

Red Sparrow

A slick spy thriller starring the ever popular Jennifer Lawrence as a fallen Russian ballerina manipulated into working for shadowy Kremlin spy masters so her poor old sick mum can still receive the treatment she requires.

Our heroine is sent off to be trained in the art of seduction so she can coerce enemy agents into giving up the goods whilst she lets them do unspeakable things to her.

Lawrence gives a decent performance and doesn’t seem too bothered about getting her kit off considering shes an A lister.. you get the feeling she made this film trying to make some kind of point. Fair enough and we all benefit in the end.

She is a deadly little vixen too.. manipulating and dispatching foes with equal vigor and a fairly long film pans out predictably enough

Enjoyed it and not just for the gratuitous boobie action.. well maybe just a bit..

7/10

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 09, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

An absolute disgrace. Scriptwriters should be shot. Lasted as long as the ridiculous scene where the dinosaur comes through the tunnel and fights a nerd for a chair through a curtain of lava as Bryce Dallas Howard, who only does startled, tries to lower a ladder to freedom.

Give me strength.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 09, 2018, 09:39:11 PM »

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

An absolute disgrace. Scriptwriters should be shot. Lasted as long as the ridiculous scene where the dinosaur comes through the tunnel and fights a nerd for a chair through a curtain of lava as Bryce Dallas Howard, who only does startled, tries to lower a ladder to freedom.

Give me strength.

Fks sake, was looking forward to it......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: June 09, 2018, 09:55:46 PM »

Chompy reminds me of this from the last one:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 09, 2018, 10:08:29 PM »

Smiley That is fantastic!

So tilted by that half hour. And yet it's crushing at the box offices. Again. Multiplex rofflers really will sit through anything.

Tomorrow will be a McQueen-On Chesil Beach double header to cleanse myself. At an Arthouse cinema. With a cappucino in a proper cup. On a saucer.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: June 10, 2018, 07:01:15 AM »

Game Night just about watchable 5/10
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 07:04:19 AM by MANTIS01 » Logged

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3509 on: June 15, 2018, 12:34:05 PM »

Gotta hand it to the sicilian. He sails a bit close to the edge where spoilers are concerned but his reviews are tack-sharp and superbly well written.

Top hole.

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: