blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 04:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 624671 times)
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: July 14, 2018, 11:56:42 AM »

Hereditary lives up to the hype. Different and unpredictable, and Toni Collette incred as always. Hard to see how this could have been much better. 9/10

Agree, great movie, definitely unpredictable and intense.
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: July 14, 2018, 12:21:27 PM »

“Good Time” is worth a watch. Crazy ride... the writer/director also stars putting in a “simple Jack” type performance
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: July 16, 2018, 03:28:13 PM »

Incredibles 2

The only superheroes movie franchise I actually love. Just incredible.

9.5/10 - applies equally to adult or child
Sciss0rhands

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: July 17, 2018, 10:27:32 AM »

Incredibles 2

I remember the first one being really good, I feel weird watching an animated movie on my own as a 30 year old man though... my wife judges me
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3529 on: July 17, 2018, 12:40:25 PM »

Incredibles 2

The first one is my wife's favourite film so I never had any choice about going to see this one.

I thought it was very good, but there was too much of it where I just thought they were basically re-treading the first film - still give it 7/10 though.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Mcbain11

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:07 PM »

Incredibles 2

Delighted to hear that take in the new one. Really looking forward to seeing it now
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3531 on: July 18, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »

Incredibles 2

Saturday afternoon was designated cinema time by the kids, I say kids.. they are 15 and 18 and both eagerly wanting to see the new incredibles.

This is a clear example of the broad appeal of not only this franchise but Pixar films in general. This was borne out by the mostly adult clientele ( including one middle aged chap on his own.. perhaps the wife didn't fancy it..either way he showed no shame )..Anyhoo very few actual children ...good don't want any horrible kids spoiling cartoon time.

Before we get to this I must mention that the local Odeon we went to had been totally refitted and now sported the new sumptuous electric recliner chairs.. oh my ! very wide and full recline on a nicely steeped viewing bank.. if you get a chance to check these out .. do.. because the chairs are that much bigger there are less of them and suddenly the audiotorium is turned into something a little more intimate.

Thumbs up.. although may be a little too comfy and the possibilty of nodding off must be high.

I digress.. Incredibles 2 is a slick follow up to the smash original.. its fast paced and relentless in action and one liners.. story is passable but contrived and obvious.. perhaps we forget this is a kids film and perhaps the obvious villain is not so obvious when the viewer is aged seven.

Animation is beyond compare and because Pixar is so good we may sometimes forget exactly how incredible ( see what i did there.. oh i am wasted on you ..I really am ) their production is..

Jack Jack the baby steals the show for comedy value and although the wait has been 14 years it was most definitly worth it.. old and young enjoyed equally and its as good as an animated film gets..

Take the kids or shamelessly go solo.. whatever you will have an INCREDIBLE time.. oh FFS i give up

Solid 8/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: July 18, 2018, 02:29:27 PM »

A Quiet Place

A bit late with this one..so much to watch so little time..

Set in a near future post apocolyptic world.. the land seems to be infested with fearsome lightening quick beasts that hunt by sound alone.. being as blind as the preverbial winged vermin..

So high is the hearing ability of these monsters that the inhabitants of this world cannot even speak for fear of alerting the hunter.

Sign language is used to communicate and every action is carried out barefoot, with a slow deliberate action as any noise may bring a swift and horrible death.

We follow a family attempting to make it through this edge of the seat existence made even more difficult with the arrival of a newborn.. one of their solutions in keeping a naturally crying baby safe is truly remarkable and more than a little unnerving..the other is bleeding obvious and should have been employed about 3 days into this apocolypse.

I am being a touch harsh on, which is a very interesting premise and some of the sequences are actually heart in the mouth moments, but the plot is naturally full of holes and takes something away from the whole experience.

The ending is contrived and would have been thought of and actioned two days after the first obvious thing we won't mention.. So nine days in we would have had this sorted boys..

Overall I enjoyed it.. as said some moments are hackles on the back of the neck time but it just falls short.. definitely worth a watch though ..

6.5/10

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: July 18, 2018, 02:43:12 PM »

As a bit of a tech freak and owning an IT company, it seems natural to have my home rigged decently for leisure time.. and yes I do have a self installed media server, a cat 6 network serving each habitable room and more consoles, laptops and gadgets than a Looter can fit in one of those large tesco shopping trollys on riot night.

My media system already holds more films and TV series than I could probably watch in an extended lifetime.. add Amazon prime, netflix full on Sky and my choices are endless..

Then why the fuck did I watch Geo Storm last night.. Arrrgghhhhh ! Gerard Butler hang tour head..

Makes San Andreas look like Shakespear..

Did I mention not to watch it.. ?

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3534 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:18 PM »

Jurassic World Number I've Lost Count.

Special effects were brilliant. Script was shite. If you must, watch it at the cinema with a blagged Orange Wednesday code. Don't bother downloading it or buying the DVD, this one is a cinema only film for the effects.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: July 23, 2018, 05:56:24 PM »

Pixar still the absolute nuts. Incred 2 is well up to their usual standard too. Had no idea it's 14 years since the first one came out.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: July 25, 2018, 05:04:09 PM »

Pixar still the absolute nuts. Incred 2 is well up to their usual standard too. Had no idea it's 14 years since the first one came out.

The Incredibles (2004)

i know ..its incred... oh

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: July 29, 2018, 10:46:55 AM »

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 6 Fallout

there have been six of these now

park your brain at the multiplex car park, trundle in, pay for your popcorn and enjoy it

its 247 minutes long!

however it goes at a good pace,the plot is ok, the stunts excellent,the locations good and it does what it says on the tin with a dash of humour

by the standards of summer action blockbusters (low) its a winner.

I spent 247 minutes wondering what jamie dornan the rapist from the fall/shades of grey fella was doing as the CIA agent,and hadn't he done well to land that part only to be told afterwards it was Henry Cavill/Superman

losing my touch

Cruise does his own stunts and broke his ankle running on top of Blackfriars station last autumn. filming was suspended for 8 weeks and it cost them $80m to keep the crew/actors from taking other jobs

Meanwhile Cavill, who sports a moustahce with a life of its own in this, was due off to film justice league when the delay came. had to keep his living moustache and so the justice league crew edited/CGIed out the moustache in post production for that film

now that's a good fact to impress Mrs Sicilian in Nandos afterwards :-)

4 stars out of 5

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: July 29, 2018, 01:38:03 PM »

MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 6 Fallout

there have been six of these now

park your brain at the multiplex car park, trundle in, pay for your popcorn and enjoy it

its 247 minutes long!

however it goes at a good pace,the plot is ok, the stunts excellent,the locations good and it does what it says on the tin with a dash of humour

by the standards of summer action blockbusters (low) its a winner.

I spent 247 minutes wondering what jamie dornan the rapist from the fall/shades of grey fella was doing as the CIA agent,and hadn't he done well to land that part only to be told afterwards it was Henry Cavill/Superman

losing my touch

Cruise does his own stunts and broke his ankle running on top of Blackfriars station last autumn. filming was suspended for 8 weeks and it cost them $80m to keep the crew/actors from taking other jobs

Meanwhile Cavill, who sports a moustahce with a life of its own in this, was due off to film justice league when the delay came. had to keep his living moustache and so the justice league crew edited/CGIed out the moustache in post production for that film

now that's a good fact to impress Mrs Sicilian in Nandos afterwards :-)

4 stars out of 5

I really hope that number of minutes is a mistype, although even if it is 147 minutes rather than 247, plus ads and trailers that is far too long for me to even consider sitting in a cinema to watch anything Tom Cruise does, ever.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: July 29, 2018, 01:42:08 PM »

two and a half hours!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: