blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:13:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 620689 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: November 22, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

Watched the 'Escapist' the other night, no Shawshank but decent...

I love that movie, weird way of going about things, but great. Brian Cox is a fine actor imo

lol based all around shawshank and prison break, thought it was very very poor. 2/10

If only Stephen King hadnt stolen his whole storyline from Escape from Alcatraz

Shawshank is a great film, But Alcatraz is even better, with Clint Eastwood on top form and like Dave says its very much like Shawshank but 20 years before..
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #766 on: November 22, 2009, 12:34:21 PM »

escapist loool, gotta be a huge level.
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 22, 2009, 12:36:52 PM »

escapist loool, gotta be a huge level.

Yur I was shocked after the good reviews, very poor and the first half hour was so camp it was more like Carry on Prison...
marcin123

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 22, 2009, 12:54:07 PM »

Dragged to Twiilight last night, I don't get it.  I get dragged to Harry Potter too, and I can see why people like that and least it has some decent characters/plots, but Twiilight its awful, truly awful
+1
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 22, 2009, 01:22:34 PM »

Dragged to Twiilight last night, I don't get it.  I get dragged to Harry Potter too, and I can see why people like that and least it has some decent characters/plots, but Twiilight its awful, truly awful

Feel for ya bro

My gf was into the potter and that but thanfully shows no interest in what looks like an absolutely shitty vampire franchise made for tweenagers. I don't have to endure.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:24:10 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 22, 2009, 03:38:40 PM »

My girlfriend had pre booked tickets for New Moon ( Twighlight 2) for opening night ( Friday)..her excitement growing as the day approached ( big fan of the books )..It was packed as expected, arriving late ( adverts started lights half down ) we managed to blag the best premier seats in the house, dead centre big and comfy with an acre of leg room as the only ordinary seats were under the screen involving a 78 degree neck crane..

I did have to endure my partner squirming for the first 10 minutes of the film in case someone came along demanding why we were in their seats, but the moment never came and good viewing was assured..

The film was reasonable,obv aimed at teenage and girly market.... a stretched out moody love story, that dragged a bit early doors, interspersed with vamp and werewolf action..plot lines all very predictable..
It also felt the need for the werewolf characters to always run through the woods in their shorts displaying buff toned gym bodies aplenty, bringing with it a vocal collective approval and a smile to my Lady's face...
The lovey bits were greeted with gentle ah's from the audience..and when Bella tells Jacob ( its amazing what a haircut can do,the boy was transformed ) its always been Edward and always has been him you could hear female hearts breaking like crunched popcorn.

Robert Pattinson should keep his shirt on although my description of him as a skinny arsed wanker was met with disapproval from my companion,she still preferring him like Bella over Buff boy....women..i'll never understand them.

It all ends perfectly to ensure number 3 breaks money records and the ladies of the world will be counting the days for its release..

All in all i didn't mind it,enjoyable enough and my girlfriend is already booking to see it again with her female friends... i have equipped them with bibs for the hunky bits.

7/10  not as bad as real men think it is

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 24, 2009, 08:35:22 PM »

2012 is the best comedy of the year.
Some classic LOL moments, including when the queen got on board one of the arks walking a couple of corgis. Better than Borat at his best that bit.
Too long, too much unnecessary relationship crap in cliche form but John Cusack very good. Thandie Newton more wooden than Noah's blueprint.
Went thinking I'll give it an hour and then switch to another screen but stayed with it to the end.
5/10 imo.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 24, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

did you read my review Chompy?

we are like minded

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 25, 2009, 12:03:54 AM »

I've just gone back to your review Tighty and defo had read it before. Some of your comments obv stuck.
It's annoying. 2012 could have been so much better cutting out such obvious minor problems, like a shite supporting cast and an uber shite script. Keep John Cusack, change the rest, including Woody Harrelson, who turned in his worst effort ever. FFS, he's so much better than that.
Still it was a mile better than Independence Day, so maybe the director will make it third time lucky.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 25, 2009, 12:06:10 AM »

I've just gone back to your review Tighty and defo had read it before. Some of your comments obv stuck.
It's annoying. 2012 could have been so much better cutting out such obvious minor problems, like a shite supporting cast and an uber shite script. Keep John Cusack, change the rest, including Woody Harrelson, who turned in his worst effort ever. FFS, he's so much better than that.
Still it was a mile better than Independence Day, so maybe the director will make it third time lucky.

Didnt he do "Day after tomorrow" too ?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 25, 2009, 12:07:25 AM »

*Fourth time lucky

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: November 25, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »

A Perfect Getaway 7.2/10

Surprisingly very enjoyable.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0971209/
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 26, 2009, 06:33:03 PM »

See The Descent 2 is coming out next week and Sarah is in it. How? The last shot of the first one, which was quality, showed her miles underground. No way out from there imo.
Fear the worst for this one. No previews. Will have to check it out though.

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 26, 2009, 07:18:06 PM »

See The Descent 2 is coming out next week and Sarah is in it. How? The last shot of the first one, which was quality, showed her miles underground. No way out from there imo.
Fear the worst for this one. No previews. Will have to check it out though.

I loved the first 1 it was awesome, but in the American release they stopped it when she got out of the cave and into her car and it's following on from there I believe, I think the Juno girl may have made it out of the caves on the american version also.

Prefer the British ending but also glad to see another film because the 1st was awesome.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 26, 2009, 07:32:22 PM »

Poor old yankee doodles can't handle a film in which the entire cast is killed off. Also best AKA of any film ever imo, Six chicks with picks is quality.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 07:43:13 PM by Chompy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: