blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617592 times)
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: December 17, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »

Wow that is brilliant, and shows up crap like Independence Day just 10 or so years later...with Cgi you need a great script and characters for a film to end up a classic...

Go wash your mouth out, Independence Day was amazing!

Unreal tezzness, even in 1996 when it came out I could'nt believe how bad it was...maybe you ignore parts like near the end when they get in the alien ship, and just happen to know the controls and can fly the thing...oh and hes drunk aswell, it wasn't meant to be a comedy...couple of good Cgi scenes and nothing else much like your other faves... Cool

Just shows what marketing can do, the film grossedd 300milli and Sunshine by boyle grossed like 4mill in the US....crazy.

Will Smith was in it, and everything he touched turns to gold.

Will Smith is great but dude he has made some BAD film choices.

Picks I Robot instead of something huge the same year (cant remember what). Ditches The Matrix in favour of Wild Wild West. Turned down Men in Black until his wife told him to go for it. Actually turned up for Bad Boys II. The list is pretty shocking when you read into it.

I Robot is awesome, i have he DVD. If you cant take anything else out of it, at least it introduced the world to Shia LeBouef (Charlie's Angels doesn't count, he was too young)

Glad he turned down Matrix, awesome an amazing trilogy, and Reeves made it awesome.

Men in Black wasn't that great tho

Bad Boys II is excellent. never as good as the 1st, but you will never top the 1st movie

Note, i actually seen Bad Boys in an Open Air Cinema in the Czech Republic!, it was basically just a huge wall painted white and they beamed the movie onto it, it was in the middle of all these huge tree's.....wierd but awesome

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 17, 2009, 10:45:23 PM »

Bad boys 2 wasn't that bad it was a solid film and the awesomeness of the first means any film with Laury and Burnett in is at least good, bring on the 3rd please!

And Sunshine is awesome too, drama, action, suspense and visually stunning.

Dear God no! From someone with that looks like Benny Blanco as his avatar too!
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 17, 2009, 11:13:27 PM »

It is indeed Benny Blanco....."remember me? Benny Blanco from the Bronx"

Smiley

Also the name of my blog http://bennyblancoftb.blogspot.com/

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 18, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »

went to see Avatar 2nite with BH + Evans.

just wow.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #919 on: December 18, 2009, 08:58:34 AM »

tez

HI HELEN!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 18, 2009, 04:58:47 PM »

Watching Invictus tonight - anyone seen it yet?

It's Clint Eastwood directed and Morgan Freeman starring so I guess it cant go far wrong.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 18, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »

Watching Invictus tonight - anyone seen it yet?

It's Clint Eastwood directed and Morgan Freeman starring so I guess it cant go far wrong.

Are you sure its not called Million Dollar Baby?

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 18, 2009, 07:25:20 PM »

Has anyone mentioned Pandorum on here yet?

What did anyone who's seen it think?

I thought it was really good.

pokermuppet

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 19, 2009, 10:50:25 AM »

i watched Funny People last night on dvd

by far the worst Adam Sandler movie ever
The-Crow
~*v*~ (_)? ~*v*~

loves SkyPoker

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 20, 2009, 12:38:49 AM »

Watched Avatar tonight, bit long, silly story, its Starship Troopers vs The Smurf Army, but a must see movie

My local Multiplex did not have 3D so I missed that effect

Its grossed over 1 billion dollars so far in USA, at least its beat Harry Potter
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 11:10:42 PM by The-Crow » Logged

don't let all this stuff scare ya.  its all a bit of fun
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 20, 2009, 10:53:39 AM »

Watched Avatar tonight, bit long, silly story, its Starship Troopers vs The Smurf Army

was it not worth it for the 3D tho?

Supposed to be out of this world, since it wwas filmed with newly invented 3D Camera's!

thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 30, 2009, 06:39:02 PM »

Just read the TimesOnline article about the top 50 movies for 2009. Must have been one of the worst years ever and looks like 2010 won't be much better. More crappy remakes and dodgy sequels of scheduled.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 30, 2009, 06:55:04 PM »

Saw Avatar yesterday. 3D.
Ultimately it didn't live up to the hype for me.
Can see Crow's Starship Troopers reference too, a few bits of insta zoom camera work.
The last half-hour was pretty spectacular but the rest was hardly a roller-coaster ride.
Wouldn't particularly want to see it a second time and defo couldn't find it a spot in the year's top ten.
7/10.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 07:07:38 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 30, 2009, 08:48:06 PM »

Just saw avatar and thought it was fab.

I don't usually like digital effect films, but this one worked for me. I like stuff written by one man rather than most CGI shitey blockbusters that are obviously written by a team and have no real sense of overall narrative.

While the allegory in this film is open to interpretation, we essentially have an American style militia dikking over a local population for its resources, it's very hard to see Fox News types being a big fan of this. We've got other stuff in there like stem cell research, promotion of ecology/enviromentalism, tolerance of other religions/spirituality, it's very much lefty propoganda here. Kinboshi would like

The plot was pretty tight. Nothing introduced in act V unless we'd seen it set up in act II and nothing set up in act II that wasn't used in act V. There's no incongruous pot smoking scene wedged in there because focus groups react well to pot smoking scenes, this is one man's vision and it works. My only quibble was after the epic battle they felt the need to do the obligatory Steven Seagal/Jean Claude Van Damme movie magic showdown pisch between the main goodie and the main baddie, (and the girl... why not) Fk that tired shit, this film did not need it.

The acting from Zoe Saldana (neer heard of her, had to look up the name) as the alien princess was very moving in places. Can't fault the other players, no one stunk up the place.

Then we have the visuals, the absolutely stunning location that they've knocked up in MS paint or however it is these guys work. It's breathtaking, that the story held my interest too is a rare thing in this type of film.

I'd give it 9/10
« Last Edit: December 30, 2009, 08:49:53 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 30, 2009, 09:20:36 PM »

SHERLOCK HOLMES

I was a bit apprehensive about this one tbh... I'm a big Holmes fan and see Jeremy Brett as the epitome of the whole Sherlock Holmes ethos...

Guy Ritchie has made a good stab at this and to be honest if this was a stand alone film it wouldn't be too bad.

But clothed in the Holmes shroud I'm afraid Guy was always running against the wind... you see he just misses the whole point of the Holmes world..the Victorian atmosphere, the attention to detail, the nuances of the characters...

What we end up with is a type of Buddy/cop action film whose two main leads happen to be called Holmes & Watson.

Downey comes across as an oddball adrenaline junkie who thinks a bit.Jude law doesn't make a bad Watson  but once again his just a bit on the tough side for a mild mannered English gentleman doctor.

All in all a reasonable yarn and romp and left wide open for a sequel just in case box office receipts warrant it with the promise of a true introduction of the darkly mysterious Moriarty...

However it fell short for me, although like most who enjoy the genere I think it would have to be exceptional to make a real impression..

6.5/10

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: