blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:46:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 255 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *** 'THE OFFICIAL MOVIE THREAD' ***  (Read 617603 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1050 on: February 02, 2010, 07:08:05 PM »

Nice to see District 9 nominated for 4 oscars!...not just art house pants this year, some good stuff...Hurt Locker, Basterds, Avatar all have many nominations...
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 03, 2010, 12:21:55 AM »

10 nominations now though?
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 03, 2010, 11:44:21 AM »

10 nominations now though?

I know, its pants that they have increased the Best Film award to 10 nom's!

I don't think there is even 10 movie this year that warrant a Nom FFS!

-------------------------------------------

On a side note, i had the chance to watch District 9 or Inglorious Basterds the other night, opted for Basterds, and wooooow what a film.

Tarantino proved again he is one of the best actor/director/writers around today, he is one of the most wildly original filmmakers of our time. Nothing short of a genius TBH

Pitt played his part well, loved his southern accent.

Kruger was ok, she wasn't really in it enough for me to judge her tho, but i do like her as an actress.

Laurent proved in her biggest role yet, that she really is a rising star, and she is stunning too at times.

The person who stole the show for me, and clearly everyone else judging by the awards so far, was Waltz, a completely unknown actor (to most people i think) stole the show from one of the biggest actors of our time, he really deserves the Oscar win IMHO for that role.

Also loved The bear Jew, his introductory scene is just amazing.

Another thing that i loved was the music/score throughout the movie, just perfect choices at the perfect time's.

9/10....i would say i would watch it again, but i already have!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:46:03 AM by Scottish Dave » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2010, 12:47:49 PM »

10 nominations is ridic

they'll completely dumb it down/devalue it soon no doubt and have it voted for on the internet

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 04, 2010, 04:06:25 PM »

Scots Dave will be happy! Transformers 2 at last gets what it deserves.....

7 Nominations at the razzies...

http://www.razzies.com/

...worst picture, worst actress, worst sequel, worst screenplay etc etc.... Grin
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 04, 2010, 07:56:13 PM »

Dunno how District 9 managed to fade a nomination. Prolly coz there wouldn't be any competition if it was.

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 04, 2010, 09:01:13 PM »

Dunno how District 9 managed to fade a nomination. Prolly coz there wouldn't be any competition if it was.

Is it really this good?

If i wasn't trying to cram in Lost season 5 as a reminder before Fridays big Premier od season 6, id watch this tonight.

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 04, 2010, 09:02:47 PM »

I think District 9 is one of the few films that Dave and Tightend would both enjoy.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 04, 2010, 09:06:54 PM »

I think District 9 is one of the few films that Dave and Tightend would both enjoy.

I would like the Apatheid Allegory and original screenplay

For Dave, Transformers like machinery and shoot em ups

It's win-win

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 04, 2010, 09:08:53 PM »

For me it's hearing someone in a thick South African accent saying "Why are you pissing on your house"

Was happy to pay the admission price just for that.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 04, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »

Is it really this good?

If i wasn't trying to cram in Lost season 5 as a reminder before Fridays big Premier od season 6, id watch this tonight.

I meant a razzie nomination. I think is pretty bad but a lot of others on here like it a lot. I think after seeing what kinda films you do like you won't enjoy very much. Unless the 2nd half is action packed (i turned it off half way through)

sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 04, 2010, 09:43:39 PM »

Is it really this good?

I meant a razzie nomination. I think is pretty bad but a lot of others on here like it a lot. I think after seeing what kinda films you do like you won't enjoy very much. Unless the 2nd half is action packed (i turned it off half way through)

There you have it...you did'nt even watch it all! 
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 04, 2010, 10:13:45 PM »

Is it really this good?

lol you have no idea what films i like, your only saying this cos i like Trans 1 and 2.

One of my Fav film in last decade in 'Into the Wild', which has zero shoot'em up's, zero machines, zero action. completely different from and action packed CGI film, but wow what a film

TBH ive had enough of aliens attack type films, i hope this one heads down a different and more original path.

creepy_benji

View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 04, 2010, 11:15:58 PM »

Is it really this good?

lol you have no idea what films i like, your only saying this cos i like Trans 1 and 2.

One of my Fav film in last decade in 'Into the Wild', which has zero shoot'em up's, zero machines, zero action. completely different from and action packed CGI film, but wow what a film

TBH ive had enough of aliens attack type films, i hope this one heads down a different and more original path.

Lol sorry man I thought you were into the big blockbuster action films and nothing else.... not thats an insult etc. but some peeps think it is .

I thought 'Into the Wild' was pretty depressing and not that great of a story tbh. is pretty boring and depressing too so you might actually like it then.

Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 05, 2010, 05:15:27 PM »

Into the wild was a true story so they couldn't really change the story. A did like it tho.

The only reason you and others think I only watch action films is cos of posters like tightend and that

My fav type of films are coen brothers type humour.

Lost tonight, then District 9 the'morra night me thinks

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 75 ... 255 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: